Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:02 pm

Had AC metal booked then a brutal change in times...…...had to call in AGAIN. Finally got through after about 77 minutes or something!! Nothing would work on AC so told him to put me on UA. No issues and no questions thank goodness as I wasn't in the mood I asked him to use my UA FF number rather than AC. No problem changed it. The flight is still showing on the AC app ( I could swear that in the past if I changed my number it would disappear on the AC app??? maybe I am confused ) nonetheless, still showing on AC and when I go into UA now it shows the UA flight but also shows the old AC flight numbers and times?

I guess I will just call UA with my new confirmation number and make sure everything is up / up. What an absolute gong show!

I also threw out this question earlier but don't think I received a response. It was mentioned that flights on the app "will show up" - how soon do they show up where you can actually do something with them? Such as seat selection; bid upgrades etc., We have one departing in 15 days and I still can't do anything on the app. Just shows date and flight times?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Received an e-mail with a ticket confirmation (?) that was actually just a copy of an already existing booking, only that it know says "IKK". Specifically it says "AEROPLAN ARDW CLASSIC/IKK"
I thought IKKs were only for SE100's?

Anyone else get an unprompted email?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Smiley90
Received an e-mail with a ticket confirmation (?) that was actually just a copy of an already existing booking, only that it know says "IKK". Specifically it says "AEROPLAN ARDW CLASSIC/IKK"
I thought IKKs were only for SE100's?

Anyone else get an unprompted email?
IKK in J is for SEs. There are priority rewards at lower levels but in Y and at higher miles.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Did you buy the FP before or after the Amadeus transition? Mine was before. And it certainly didn't have that option selected for flights taken before.
Bought the FP after the migration to Amadeus.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Hi everyone, I have a booking made via Aeroplan for the summer that has been subjected to a number of schedule changes and as a result, the reservation is now a complete mess and not at all what I originally had booked. I was okay waiting for a bit because I'm not traveling until the summer and the important segments of my flight were still in tact, but the latest you d of schedule changes have bumped me from a lie-flat seat in a 777 to a recliner on an A320 for a YYZ-YVR flight so now I'm anxious and want to get this resolved.

My question is, since I can't get anyone on the phone calling either Air Canada or Aeroplan, would there be any benefit to talking to someone at an airport? I happen to be on vacation in Florida right now and I'll be returning to YYZ on Saturday, is there someone there I can approach to have my itinerary sorted out in-person?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Hi everyone, I have a booking made via Aeroplan for the summer that has been subjected to a number of schedule changes and as a result, the reservation is now a complete mess and not at all what I originally had booked. I was okay waiting for a bit because I'm not traveling until the summer and the important segments of my flight were still in tact, but the latest you d of schedule changes have bumped me from a lie-flat seat in a 777 to a recliner on an A320 for a YYZ-YVR flight so now I'm anxious and want to get this resolved.

My question is, since I can't get anyone on the phone calling either Air Canada or Aeroplan, would there be any benefit to talking to someone at an airport? I happen to be on vacation in Florida right now and I'll be returning to YYZ on Saturday, is there someone there I can approach to have my itinerary sorted out in-person?
A) Maybe, but airport agents have people traveling that day to worry about.
B) There is no reason to believe that in the next 6 months it won't get messed up again.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 10:16 am

as like many others, a bunch of schedule changes (~50-60min adjustments) to an aeroplan booking locked me out from making changes (I wanted to cancel it), so i called and also sent twitter message to aeroplan. got response from twitter within a hr that they "unfroze" it. funny enough, i was still on hold when i got the twitter message that they unfroze it.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by RangerNS
A) Maybe, but airport agents have people traveling that day to worry about.
B) There is no reason to believe that in the next 6 months it won't get messed up again.
That's fair, I won't bother at the airport. I guess it'll be some persistent phone calls from me when I get back home.

I'm sure there's a good chance that it will get messed up again, but I feel like it's still worth fixing as the egregious changes come up in order to secure the award seat availability...
Old Jan 24, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Silver, DL SIlver, Marriott TE/LTPE, HH Gold,
Well here is a new one.....apparently, when attempting to upgrade myself from my own account, for which I have no nominees currently.......I can't.
And I'm definitely not a nominee for someone else.

Bravo, AC.

Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
One half of my return booking (the outbound) for May disappeared in a recent set of schedule changes. An agent in the YVR MLL told me the best way to reach AC on this is via "email" rather than waiting for hours on hold. Did she mean the customer care web form, or an actual email address (which she did not provide)?
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:40 am

So I can report back that my "meal request" on a flight pass was utterly ignored (and not noted for AC FAs). Although I am not entirely sure it would made a difference - the FA on this Jazz Express flight handed out the breakfast menu, then proceeded to serve everyone the omelet without asking.

Is there even an alternative to fruit/healthy brekkie or omelet?!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I was searching for some older posts on an unrelated topic and found this thread from April 2018:

Air Canada aims to debut Amadeus PSS in 2019 ahead of 2020 loyalty programme launch

I admit to enjoying @InTheAirGuy's post

Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
I thought April fools was over.

".so the flexibility in offering more customised price points and more customised unique benefits [and] getting the right pricing for that [to] drive higher margins is enormous"

---> Does this mean we can expect 37 different fare classes, Comfort, Comfort-Plus, Comfort-Plus-Special, Flex-Usual, Flex-Ultra, Ultra-Flex-Ultra, More-Flex?

" “so our ability to service customers at every step of the journey will be greatly enhanced”."

---> Why not spend some money to have, like, Concierges;' answer the phone?

".... one year ahead of the launch of its highly-anticipated new loyalty scheme."

---> Oh stop it. You're killing me! As if this will happen.

I'm sorry, I just have so much skepticism on anything having to do with AC and IT.
​​​​​​​
leoo likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Looks like all the aeroplan accounts still haven't been migrated over.

I added a colleague to our Flight Pass, but he couldn't book anything (on booking the website and app just displayed an error). Turns out his aeroplan account wasn't migrated over. The aeroplan guy said they have to deposit one aeroplan mile into the account and that will kick off the migration process which can take four days. Seems a little crazy that we are months past migration and this is still an issue.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 3:22 am

Not sure if this is the best thread, but seeing some similar situations being discussed.

So, I have 2 upcoming AP trips that were affected by a bunch of minor schedule changes.
I have no problems with any of the changes, but when I pull up my reservation on AC and partner airline websites, there are notices that there's been a schedule change and for me to contact my travel agent...

Now, is there reason for these messages because I have not called in to "accept" the changes? If so, who should I call, AP or AC?
Since I'm perfectly fine with the changes, is there any downside to not calling at all?

Also, thought it was interesting, but every time I got one of these schedule changes, it looks like AC/AP re-ticketed, even for 1 minute changes...
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Not sure if this is the best thread, but seeing some similar situations being discussed.

So, I have 2 upcoming AP trips that were affected by a bunch of minor schedule changes.
I have no problems with any of the changes, but when I pull up my reservation on AC and partner airline websites, there are notices that there's been a schedule change and for me to contact my travel agent...

Now, is there reason for these messages because I have not called in to "accept" the changes? If so, who should I call, AP or AC?
Since I'm perfectly fine with the changes, is there any downside to not calling at all?

Also, thought it was interesting, but every time I got one of these schedule changes, it looks like AC/AP re-ticketed, even for 1 minute changes...

@pentiumvi

Posts 1-12 in this thread will help you

How Long Does A Booking Frozen by Schedule Change Stay Frozen??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.