Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by ridefar
OGG yes. Never tried to NHL. This is before the list was public, but I can't imagine that you would pull this off as less than SE.
You want to upgrade to the NHL? What league are you playing in now?
skybluesea and Twickenham like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
You want to upgrade to the NHL? What league are you playing in now?
Apparently I am in the DTL (Dyslexic Typing League).
yyz_atc_qq, skybluesea and ffsim like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:29 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
I'm wondering if AC is proactively clearing some wait listed upgrades this weekend.
I was wait listed fot a wide body YVR-YYZ for Thursday. Even though I was in PE lowest, as an E50, and J6, R0 I was expecting this not to clear in advance, and with the recent news, not at the gate either. So very surprised (and pleased) to get notification that it had cleared just now.
Let's see if my other 2 November flights also clear. Does anyone else have data to add?
I had something similar happen for four flights I booked in PY O two days ago for travel in mid-Dec.

All four upgrades cleared immediately despite three of them being R0. Of those, they ranged from J3 to J6 and P0 to P4 if I recall.

I was quite pleasantly surprised that they cleared so fast.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Nov 16, 2019 at 5:30 pm Reason: O the humanity!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
I had something similar happen for four flights I booked in PY O two days ago for travel in mid-Dec.

All four upgrades cleared immediately despite three of them being R0. Of those, they ranged from J3 to J6 and P0 to P4 if I recall.

I was quite pleasantly surprised that they cleared so fast.
I think the lesson is that if you want an eUpgrade, apply as soon as your window opens - because other upgrades may be clearing, and so cabins may be filling, earlier than usual.
tomvancouver and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:20 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I'm sorry if I missed it, but what happens to me and AC if I ticket a PNR with 16 OAL and interline segments right before the migration, and then ask for a refund within the 24h policy?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'm sorry if I missed it, but what happens to me and AC if I ticket a PNR with 16 OAL and interline segments right before the migration, and then ask for a refund within the 24h policy?
Why don’t you do that and test Oh-my-God-eus with me?

(I have two PNRs I intend to test different scenarios with.)
Old Nov 16, 2019, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YYT82
Why don’t you do that and test Oh-my-God-eus with me?

(I have two PNRs I intend to test different scenarios with.)
I like that you're not Group 1. Not the same entertainment value there as Group 2.

Originally Posted by 24left
At least 3 types of people here on AC FT, in terms of the Amadeus move.

Group 1: Uh oh, I've got AC flights booked on Nov 18 or 19. Should I run and hide? Cancel and book elsewhere?

Group 2: Oooooh, exciting. I'll book some Nov 18 or 19 flights and for fun, see what happens. Maybe get some codes and coupons if stuff breaks.

Group 3: Just added popcorn to the grocery list. Plan on watching from the comfort of home.

Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Additionally, by the end of the month, we’ll be providing Air Canada Altitude members with additional eUpgrade Credits which can be used through February 2021.
Didn't see the number of eupgrade credits here yet

Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread in the past month or so... so forgive me if this isalready covered.

if there is a booking moratorium, how will this affect UFPs? Do customers with currently valid UFPs, that expire after the migration, get an extension by the number of days that we are unable to book anything due to the migration?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread in the past month or so... so forgive me if this isalready covered.

if there is a booking moratorium, how will this affect UFPs? Do customers with currently valid UFPs, that expire after the migration, get an extension by the number of days that we are unable to book anything due to the migration?
Probably not but I would ask for such.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Apparently with Amadeus, going on standby will automatically give up your confirmed seat instead of the system holding it. If true this is a major change, a whole new risk will have been added to the standby game.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by marke190
Apparently with Amadeus, going on standby will automatically give up your confirmed seat instead of the system holding it. If true this is a major change, a whole new risk will have been added to the standby game.
Huh?

How is that even standby?

So if you don't clear, you no longer have a seat?

That makes no sense, and I don't believe it.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Where did you hear this? Was it from someone that works at the airport? if so then it must be true.... since they're never wrong!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Huh?

How is that even standby?

So if you don't clear, you no longer have a seat?

That makes no sense, and I don't believe it.
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq
Where did you hear this? Was it from someone that works at the airport? if so then it must be true.... since they're never wrong!
I heard this from a YYZ lounge dragon so take it with a HUGE grain of salt, but she does work at the airport so we mustn't doubt her!!
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
I heard this from a YYZ lounge dragon so take it with a HUGE grain of salt, but she does work at the airport so we mustn't doubt her!!
FT makes me chuckle. Just sayin'
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.