Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Take screenshots, print records, etc of everything. Upcoming reservations, past reservations, your Altitude account, your eUp account, your Promo Codes...everything.

And after all that, bombard AC on Wednesday to make sure it is all there.
After reading this thread, I have started doing all of this.

Just took a screenshot of my dashboard, I do not want to encounter any issues...
skybluesea and 24left like this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Looks like 01:00z on 19NOV19 until ~ 18:00z on 19NOV19 no bookings can be made through Air Canada. AC suggests contacting a Travel Agent for immediately bookings during this time, but I don't know how a TA can book immediately on AC, but an AC Agent cannot.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
The eUpgrade change is annoying. We have a family trip to Hawaii for Christmas, and we specifically booked Flex for the possibility of an eUpgrade. Since the E50K in my family lives elsewhere, he's on a different reservation, which means the upgrade would need to be requested at the airport... Which is no longer possible. Had we had this information at booking time, we would not have spent an extra $100 on Flex over Standard
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew
The eUpgrade change is annoying. We have a family trip to Hawaii for Christmas, and we specifically booked Flex for the possibility of an eUpgrade. Since the E50K in my family lives elsewhere, he's on a different reservation, which means the upgrade would need to be requested at the airport... Which is no longer possible. Had we had this information at booking time, we would not have spent an extra $100 on Flex over Standard
He likely wouldn't have been able to upgrade you guys anyways considering how he is on a separate itinerary. Unless I am missing something, I thought if it wasn't a nominee situation (SE100K) they had to be on the same reservation.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by codfather
He likely wouldn't have been able to upgrade you guys anyways considering how he is on a separate itinerary. Unless I am missing something, I thought if it wasn't a nominee situation (SE100K) they had to be on the same reservation.
No, you can upgrade a traveling companion on a different PNR on the day of departure at the airport in addition to a traveling companion on the same PNR whenever the window opens
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:26 pm

No, you can upgrade a traveling companion on a different PNR on the day of departure at the airport in addition to a traveling companion on the same PNR whenever the window opens
Interesting. I was not aware of this...

I knew of the latter of course, but the separate PNR at the airport is not something I was aware of.

Anywho, we should get back to the discussion on the move to Amadeus, or we might have our posts shifted to one of the eUpgrade threads lol
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So I haven't booked my tickets for this coming week yet. Just domestic Itins. Not confirmed by my clients either, and won't be till Monday am for travel Monday or Tuesday.

Jasper2009 can we book/change through you/your employer during this period?
I'd be happy to assist, but unfortunately ticketing capabilities via all distribution channels - incl. AC consumer website, AC agent website and GDS - will be unavailable according to the AC notification I received.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Looks like 01:00z on 19NOV19 until ~ 18:00z on 19NOV19 no bookings can be made through Air Canada. AC suggests contacting a Travel Agent for immediately bookings during this time, but I don't know how a TA can book immediately on AC, but an AC Agent cannot.
My read of the AC message ("if you urgently need to book a flight for immediate travel, please contact a Travel Agent to explore your options"), is not that the TA will be able to book AC for you - but rather, a TA will have access to other non-AC options.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by canopus27
My read of the AC message ("if you urgently need to book a flight for immediate travel, please contact a Travel Agent to explore your options"), is not that the TA will be able to book AC for you - but rather, a TA will have access to other non-AC options.
That's how I read it but good luck getting anywhere in Quebec with WS.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:21 pm

Just curious but has anyone ever managed to score an upgrade to HNL on AC during the holidays with eUps
Never been successful and the cabin is always sold out with I'm assuming early booked reward tickets and paid J
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, *G, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Enterprise Plat
Dotted line related, if anyone relies on TripIt, they have decided to do an update (outage) on top of the Amadeus transition Nov 19 - 11-2pm PST.

Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Just curious but has anyone ever managed to score an upgrade to HNL on AC during the holidays with eUps
Never been successful and the cabin is always sold out with I'm assuming early booked reward tickets and paid J
OGG yes. Never tried to NHL. This is before the list was public, but I can't imagine that you would pull this off as less than SE.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Unexpected eup cleared

I'm wondering if AC is proactively clearing some wait listed upgrades this weekend.
I was wait listed fot a wide body YVR-YYZ for Thursday. Even though I was in PE lowest, as an E50, and J6, R0 I was expecting this not to clear in advance, and with the recent news, not at the gate either. So very surprised (and pleased) to get notification that it had cleared just now.
Let's see if my other 2 November flights also clear. Does anyone else have data to add?
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
I'm wondering if AC is proactively clearing some wait listed upgrades this weekend.
I was wait listed fot a wide body YVR-YYZ for Thursday. Even though I was in PE lowest, as an E50, and J6, R0 I was expecting this not to clear in advance, and with the recent news, not at the gate either. So very surprised (and pleased) to get notification that it had cleared just now.
Let's see if my other 2 November flights also clear. Does anyone else have data to add?
That would be consistent with their statement: "In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in."
Old Nov 16, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by run&fly
That would be consistent with their statement: "In light of this, rest assured that we will work diligently to confirm more upgrades ahead of check-in."
I missed that statement, (and might have doubted it if I had read it, cynic that I am)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.