Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
It is truly amazing how well informed everybody on this forum is when it comes to anything aviation (especially AC )!

I was just thinking earlier about how many people are totally unaware of what is going on at AC, notably the Amadeus transition of course.

This whole transition is occurring and 1000s of FOTSGs are probably calling in wondering why the agent won't let them change flights or even book them in the first place.
skybluesea and yyckerr like this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
The UI was pretty archaic so not surprised.
Same look as the site you used for seat selection when on a UA codeshare. Maybe that site is also getting updated.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TechnoTourist
Same look as the site you used for seat selection when on a UA codeshare. Maybe that site is also getting updated.
I don't think that site will need to exist any more.
TechnoTourist likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, IHG Diamond
Flight cancelled, AC can't rebook due to Amadeus?

Spent 3 hours sitting on an E75 tonight waiting to go to LGA fro. YUL due to NY weather. Crew timed out(?) So flight cancelled. AC obviously can't rebook due to Amadeus changeover.

AC agents were less than helpful, offered no assistance, and said I was on my own for accommodation since it was weather related. Currently in a cab to a hotel.

Do I have options here? Thanks...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't think that site will need to exist any more.
Even better!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by codfather
Does the discount code entitle me to have the same PNR across all *A airlines? If so, I am using this code ASAP

Amadeus FTW
my RTW ticket would like to note this as wishful thinking...
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Damnit! I knew we should have run an Amadeus keyword bingo game.

(Sorry, bid.shader , I couldn't help it. And - no, sorry again, I don't think you have many options)
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by bid.shader
Spent 3 hours sitting on an E75 tonight waiting to go to LGA fro. YUL due to NY weather. Crew timed out(?) So flight cancelled. AC obviously can't rebook due to Amadeus changeover.

AC agents were less than helpful, offered no assistance, and said I was on my own for accommodation since it was weather related. Currently in a cab to a hotel.

Do I have options here? Thanks...
Not really. I think they are basically locked out. Book a flight home on WJ and make a claim later

edit: good luck!
codfather likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
"Flight bookings may be made as usual until November 18 at 20:00 ET. After this time until mid-day November 19, if you urgently need to book a flight for immediate travel, please contact a Travel Agent to explore your options. Remember that flight booking and purchase functions will resume mid-day on November 19."

So the TA will magically find and book AC flights - or simply book and sell a BA, CX, AA flight ? OR do the TA's have a work around to sell onto AC during this period?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 21, 2020 at 10:02 pm
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Just had a look at Expedia. There alert screen shows Expedia.ca has basically given up on Air Canada and is waiting for tomorrow afternoon.......

Please be advised that Air Canada is updating their reservation system at this time. Air Canada flights may not be available for new bookings or for change requests for existing bookings. Please check back after 3:30 a.m. PT (6:30 a.m. ET) on Tuesday, November 19th to make your Air Canada booking or for assistance with your existing Air Canada booking. These times are subject to change. All other airlines are still available for purchase during this time period for your immediate travel nee
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
So I guess the concierge office won't be able to move me onto a different flight should a seat in J open up. I want AC1680 leaving tomorrow at 6am.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by codfather
It is truly amazing how well informed everybody on this forum is when it comes to anything aviation (especially AC )!

I was just thinking earlier about how many people are totally unaware of what is going on at AC, notably the Amadeus transition of course.

This whole transition is occurring and 1000s of FOTSGs are probably calling in wondering why the agent won't let them change flights or even book them in the first place.
I wouldn't call myself a regular poster on this forum, but I have thoroughly enjoyed lurking here near-daily learning from all of you!

I've been on the phone with an old friend from high school for last hour and we got lost in conversation on the topic of trip planning. We were frantically searching on Google Flights for trips where we could meet up and hang out. Even though I've been reading this thread for the last couple of weeks, I totally forgot that this was happening and for a few moments perplexed why AC was "priced out" of the top few search results by not appearing at all. Guess I blame being lost in the heat of the call lmao

Oops!

To-do list for tomorrow (or whenever this is all sorted out) is to see what the ACr YEG-LAS will cost over weekends in the next several months lol
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Aeroplan Down until Midday Nov 19th. Cancellation help

I have a flight I booked for tmw at 1pm and they are down until 12 and wont let me logon or do anything over the phone. Normally you have to cancel 2 hours before but they said the system is down until 12. Will I be okay if I cancel the flight at 12? Or am i SOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.