Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
I just checked into my flight tomorrow. Aeroplan award seat in Y, flying domestic Air Canada metal.

I have three different Aeroplan-branded credit cards that are supposed to give me priority boarding but my boarding passes show zone 4. I have previously checked in for Y redemptions similar to this one and was automatically assigned zone 2.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the migration. I guess I'll see if I can get it changed at the checkin counter tomorrow.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have a booking in "my bookings" that when click on "see details", I get an error message and it cannot be viewed. I get this error:

The booking reference or passenger last name you entered doesn't appear to be valid. Please ensure the last name is spelled correctly, then try again. If you require assistance, please contact Air Canada Reservations

I assume this is related to the move to Amadeus. Any work around?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by etgohomeok
I just checked into my flight tomorrow. Aeroplan award seat in Y, flying domestic Air Canada metal.

I have three different Aeroplan-branded credit cards that are supposed to give me priority boarding but my boarding passes show zone 4. I have previously checked in for Y redemptions similar to this one and was automatically assigned zone 2.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the migration. I guess I'll see if I can get it changed at the checkin counter tomorrow.
Over the years we've had the TD or CIBC ae cards, sometimes both. We're supposed to get zone 2, and free checked bag on AC reward flights, but many times it doesn't show that in the system. Several times the agent doesn't know how to not charge for our bags and had to call supervisor, to spend long time to figure things out. We got zone 5 on boarding passes so often.

Tried calling. It used to be aeropeso pointing finger at AC, or TD/CIBC, or each other. Now AC ate back aeropeso, it's between AC and TD/CIBC pointing fingers at each other.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Trying to book a 7 segment trip over the phone and apparently the new system only allows a maximum of 6 flights between 2 cities !
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by marke190
Trying to book a 7 segment trip over the phone and apparently the new system only allows a maximum of 6 flights between 2 cities !
The agent is wrong. I was just able to dummy book a 7-segment itinerary, all on one fare, between YYT and YYJ. I could have done 9 segments if I wanted to, but I was just testing for the supposed 6 segment limit.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
Flying tonight. I managed to check in but it only did for my first leg. I can still see the second leg on swiss website but not on AC and cannot check in for it I guess I'll deal with it at the airport.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by chebert999
Flying tonight. I managed to check in but it only did for my first leg. I can still see the second leg on swiss website but not on AC and cannot check in for it I guess I'll deal with it at the airport.
Did you check-in with your PNR or AE#? If you checked-in with your PNR, try checking-in again using your AE#.

Also, was this booking made pre-migration or post-migration?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
I have 3 bookings under diff PNRs for Jan....all 3 which had seat selections (some paid) and are now gone. Is this a 3 hour wait to res to fix?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by cruzcap
I have 3 bookings under diff PNRs for Jan....all 3 which had seat selections (some paid) and are now gone. Is this a 3 hour wait to res to fix?
Twitter
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
This is a UA reward so my UA number is on it, not my AE. I checked in with the new PNR. I try with the old but it's not recognized on AC. Will see at the airport. Don't want to call AC too long of a wait.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Since the migration, I have been able to select/change seats on an ae booking, for AC metal flights. At least I can still see the seat map, and attempt to select/change seats, it just gave a message cannot select seats.

Yesterday on AC.com trying to look at that booking, it gave a message my last segments SYD-YYZ have been re-scheduled. I looked at the flights and times, everything's still the same, but it won't allow me to go anywhere else, cannot display any other legs. Today it's back to being able to see all the flights (no more message of re-scheduling), can see AC metal seat maps, just still cannot change seats.

The trip is Jan. 1. But maybe it's true AC enhanced it, no more seat selection/changes.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
I am not changing I want the ones I had! Guess I am calling ... I don't tweet...gotta love them sometimes.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Aeroplan Black
Originally Posted by YYT82
The agent is wrong. I was just able to dummy book a 7-segment itinerary, all on one fare, between YYT and YYJ. I could have done 9 segments if I wanted to, but I was just testing for the supposed 6 segment limit.
Hmm wait.. did you feed them segment-by-segment? earlier this week I called them and even though the agent was able to take the segments that I want (there are lots of phantom space / discrepancy between aeroplan site & agent system btw),

At the end they said they are not able to book the itinerary with the new system.. even the supervisor that I talked to said she can't do it either..

Do you think I should call them again to give it a try?
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
checked the 3 of us into YYZ Intl MLL this morning before our flight to Mexico.

Agent asked what about the 4th passenger on your PNR?

Umm, no. There are 3 of us split on 2 PNRs (2-aeroplan, 1-paid).

Agent insists the 3 of us plus another member with a totally different name are on the same PNR. Proceeds to half-show me the screen. The 4th passenger is from Germany, with a very different last name. They are originated from Munich, connecting to our same destination in Mexico.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruzcap
You sure if you click on the little sign > to the right of your name, the seat assignments don't show up?

For pre-migration bookings, the option of changing seat assignmetns is missing. But for me, the way above allows to see/check them at least.
cruzcap likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.