Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AC E75K, spouse E75K (MM), National Emerald, various hotel programs
Originally Posted by flyquiet
I landed six hours ago. I **just** got an email with the subject line "Booking Confirmation [PNR] [my name] +Service-9106"

The email inside has a big heading "BOOKING CONFIRMATION & RECEIPT OR NOTICE OF AN ITINERARY CHANGE"

When I dig into it, the PNR matches the new PNR of the flight (not the PNR in my purchase confirmation) I bought 11 days ago (pre-migration), eUpped and already got a confirmation email for, checked in for 28 hours ago, and disembarked six hours ago. It is hard to fathom why the system burped out this email at this point. The document also requires a LOT of work on the part of the recipient to figure out what the heck it is talking about because of the information it is missing.

The attached document shows an issuing date of today, but not the flight number or the date of the flight. Since the PNR does not match the purchase confirmation since it was on the other side of the migration, it's not even that easy to see if it was today's flight or another day's. I would imagine people with many upcoming flights and eUp requests would find this very confusing.

The only apparent purpose of the email is to document the transaction of using 2 eUps on the PNR. Of course, that was already confirmed in an email I received on the day I booked and upgraded the flights, 11 days ago, so it is not information I needed,

Had this email been sent, say, before the flight, and included the date, time, and flight number, it could be useful confirmation of the upgrade at a time when upgrading is confusing.

Funny tangent: I was taken aback when I boarded and 1A was occupied! I thought, oh no, the eUp didn't stick! But the SD was able to determine that 1A and C were both in the wrong row - whew. (I can see sitting in 16 instead of 15, but to confuse 1 with anything else mystifies me.)
I was going to also post about this but you've summarized the whole experience very well.

My spouse and I arrived home around midnight last night and Air Canada email each of us (travelling on separate PNRs) around 3 am. Our emails did include the attachment, but given the volume of phishing attempts it took me some time to investigate before I felt comfortable to open the attachment, which reveals the essential details.

I sure hope this isn't the "new normal" for successful use of eUpgrades.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
I fed them the segments and the flights were available. It was at the moment of paying for the taxes & fees that she said she couldn't finish the booking for the above reason.

I don’t think it’s a matter of an account migration issue — I too had difficulty yesterday booking a multi-segment itinerary where I gave the agent the individual segments (which were all available and within the routing rules) ... she said that the new system read my itinerary as invalid and would not allow her to book it. I eventually spoke to a ticketing lead who was able to process it after 1.5 hours, only because I had a similar itinerary already booked where she was able to copy the fare structure and force the redemption.

Unfortunately, going forward, it does not seem like it will be possible to have the routing flexibility that was previously available with the old system. I think it’s time to burn the last of my miles; I had planned to transfer during the next Marriott bonus, fortunately I haven’t done so.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Check Your Ticket Status at Saudia

Well, I just had some fun with VDB and aircraft downgrade then rebooked into another aircraft with J. Three flight (itinerary) changes within three hours, and when I used my Amadeus PNR to look up my booking on AC website, it only showed up to the second change and doesn't show the latest change. I looked up my ticket number using Saudia and was able to confirm everything is in the proper order and that the coupon was attached.

The front line AC staff are learning the new system as we go. The YYZ CS agents are already working with Altea and simultaneously working with RES III (as DCS hasn't been migrated yet). If you are standing in the lineup at AC customer service desks, please be nice to them as many of them didn't get sufficient training before the switchover.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Last edited by 24left; Oct 16, 2020 at 7:02 am
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by royal757
guys how is this even legal? I don't understand
What law is being broken?
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cedric
What law is being broken?
Fubared = messy amadeus
cedric likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Fubared = messy amadeus
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:14 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...80%7c203647319

Has anyone had the additional eUpgrades credited to their account?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Nexus
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...80%7c203647319

Has anyone had the additional eUpgrades credited to their account?
Just checked. Haven’t received them.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Datapoint: Booked a AC for Business ticket & AE ticket for the family for a trip

No problems at all throughout the process. AE ticket emails look different now (The PDF) but was very normal

Miles for my last trip posted, too
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: SE 100K
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Datapoint: Booked a AC for Business ticket & AE ticket for the family for a trip

No problems at all throughout the process. AE ticket emails look different now (The PDF) but was very normal

Miles for my last trip posted, too
Good to hear.

Simple trip with availability shown on AE site?
Or pieced together segment by segment itinerary?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
I have an 8 day old trip that hasn’t posted. Is this an Amadeus problem or just par for the course? I wonder how the claim process will be. I’ll find out tomorrow when I go through it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I had AQM/AQS from Nov 21 posted, but still no AQD from Nov 17.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
My AQM from the 22nd have posted (no AQD since the switch).
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Booked a simple AE redemption YXU-YYZ-YUL using the website last night. Flying this Friday. Reservation went through and seems to be ticketed but I cannot select seats on Air Canada's website (I get error SS_SEAT_001).

Incidentally, my AE redemption to Tokyo in Summer in 2020 is now a complete mess on Air Canada's website after last night's mass airport changes for Tokyo flights with ANA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.