Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by FrequentFlyerYYZ
Here's a not-great development. I don't work for Boston Pizza.

OLCI isn't working either.
You might want to urgently investigate this. The last time I had a wrong email address in the app it's because my Aeroplan account was hacked. The person with the faulty address used my account to book multiple flights and hotel stays, paying everything (fees too) with points. They change the email so you don't get notifications. Sure, it may be a glitch, but it may very well be you've been hacked - worth a quick check.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50k, MM
Can't contact AC to change flight - AC currently has NO customer service!

Is this AC/Aeroplan integration turning into a disaster? I tried to book a flight yesterday and the system was really screwy, but I was finally able to get it done.

Today I now have to change my flights. The online flight change doesn't appear to be working and when you call in it says:"AC has adopted a new system and our agents are busy and I apologize you that I can't place you on hold. If you are travelling within 72 hours then please call back."

This is seriously bad customer service - they are telling you to go away unless your flight is within 72 hours. Seriously!

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I work in downtown Toronto - is there an office in downtown T.O. I can visit?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by wayner92
Is this AC/Aeroplan integration turning into a disaster? I tried to book a flight yesterday and the system was really screwy, but I was finally able to get it done.

Today I now have to change my flights. The online flight change doesn't appear to be working and when you call in it says:"AC has adopted a new system and our agents are busy and I apologize you that I can't place you on hold. If you are travelling within 72 hours then please call back."

This is seriously bad customer service - they are telling you to go away unless your flight is within 72 hours. Seriously!

Anyone have any ideas on what to do? I work in downtown Toronto - is there an office in downtown T.O. I can visit?
If it has been less than 24 hours since your original booking, you can cancel for a full refund and start over.
--
13F
canopus27 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by wayner92

You get that response calling the SE line? Did they not let you stay on hold? And if so, how long did you wait before giving up?

I'm an E75 and I got through during peak hours last night (albeit, a long wait, but still got through and everything sorted out by a competent agent).
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:30 am

Sorry, I am not SE any more. I used to fly a lot and was SE for many years, now I am just E50K due to my MM status.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Fly Westjet or Porter for a few weeks if possible?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AC*E50
Originally Posted by svirac
You might want to urgently investigate this. The last time I had a wrong email address in the app it's because my Aeroplan account was hacked. The person with the faulty address used my account to book multiple flights and hotel stays, paying everything (fees too) with points. They change the email so you don't get notifications. Sure, it may be a glitch, but it may very well be you've been hacked - worth a quick check.
I checked and everything is in order. Either my travel agent entered something wrong or a lookup table malfunctioned. My guess is the latter.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:58 am

Hard to fly porter to LHR.
musicmtl likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
If it has been less than 24 hours since your original booking, you can cancel for a full refund and start over.
--
13F
My cancellation fee is $150 so I booked new tickets and I will cancel the old tickets. I actually have two people travelling, booked separately, and one of the bookings was less than 24 hours ago. But I will call when things calm down and try to get the $150 cancellation fees refunded.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:06 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Last evening I was alone in the bar of the Sofitel in Athens. Quietly reading my book and having a beer I tuned into some key words being spoken on at the next table where there was a party of four. Two were representatives of one of the small Greek airlines and the others were from Amadeus in Frankfurt.

I heard a great deal that was interesting to a FTer but with a few pending reservations of my own on Air Canada I was particularly interested to hear that theirs was a huge migration and that it had gone without a hitch and everyone was delighted with the success of it!

I knew you would all like to know that.
That's why it's "Business as usual" according to their COO!

That guy wouldn't be getting his bonus where I work but then we have different actual standards for customer satisfaction and service levels.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
That's why it's "Business as usual" according to their COO!

That guy wouldn't be getting his bonus where I work but then we have different actual standards for customer satisfaction and service levels.
In fairness, NONE of the issues discussed here may be Amadeus issues. It is entirely possible that 100% of the issues are due to AC's front end tools.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ridefar
In fairness, NONE of the issues discussed here may be Amadeus issues. It is entirely possible that 100% of the issues are due to AC's front end tools.
Which I would consider in part of the migration plans. So yeah, what Bohemian1 says.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
Thanks, glad I'm not special

Currently at the LHR MLL, they had a boarding pass ready to go for me, so all good.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AskTravis
Thanks, glad I'm not special

Currently at the LHR MLL, they had a boarding pass ready to go for me, so all good.
You might not be, but there are some special snowflakes in this forum.

Glad it worked out for you.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:18 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
I received 20 rather than the 25 that was outlined in the email for SE. I also went to upgrade a B class fare which is showing as 4 credits not the normal 1. Such chaos.
Yeah I had some similar e-up weirdness that I should mention.

Booked a transborder FP trip before the migration. Return trip with a stop in YUL both ways. When I went to secure the upgrades this week, the good news was that there was positive R space on all legs. The annoying thing was that I couldn't just upgrade the whole outbound / return 14 days in advance. I had to do each segment separately no earlier than T-14 exactly for each flight. So four separate upgrades.

In the past, once the first flight on the outbound or return was at T-14 I could confirm upgrades for all legs to / from my destination. But that no longer works, at least for me and at least for this trip.

I also got hosed on the credits used since I didn't get the reduced rate I've seen in the past for upgrading two or more segments. It was full pull (4 credits each) for all of them, likely because the new system can't figure out how to stitch them together. Or something. And of course the e-up calculator appears to be gone so I can't double check what I should have 'paid'.

Overall, a royal pain and more 'expensive' in terms of e-up burn. But I'd be interested to see if this is the new normal.

I'd call and complain but I have day job and it's highly likely I'll end up cancelling anyway due to another travel conflict. Not that I really need them, but I will be watching for the return of those unused e-up credits like hawk.

Oh yeah, and I got my 25 20 'promo' credits for 2020 as well.

Last edited by Bohemian1; Nov 27, 2019 at 10:35 am Reason: 220, 221 whatever it takes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.