Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
checked the 3 of us into YYZ Intl MLL this morning before our flight to Mexico.

Agent asked what about the 4th passenger on your PNR?

Umm, no. There are 3 of us split on 2 PNRs (2-aeroplan, 1-paid).

Agent insists the 3 of us plus another member with a totally different name are on the same PNR. Proceeds to half-show me the screen. The 4th passenger is from Germany, with a very different last name. They are originated from Munich, connecting to our same destination in Mexico.
Next time you fly your mistress out, don't put her on the same PNR. Someone will eventually find out.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by expert7700
checked the 3 of us into YYZ Intl MLL this morning before our flight to Mexico.

Agent asked what about the 4th passenger on your PNR?

Umm, no. There are 3 of us split on 2 PNRs (2-aeroplan, 1-paid).

Agent insists the 3 of us plus another member with a totally different name are on the same PNR. Proceeds to half-show me the screen. The 4th passenger is from Germany, with a very different last name. They are originated from Munich, connecting to our same destination in Mexico.

They work at the airport; you're wrong.
yscleo, skybluesea, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYT82
The agent is wrong. I was just able to dummy book a 7-segment itinerary, all on one fare, between YYT and YYJ. I could have done 9 segments if I wanted to, but I was just testing for the supposed 6 segment limit.
Did you dummy book it on the website? I got as far as payment on a 7 segment itinerary via the AC website but then it errored out (code BRD_ORD_001). An AC phone agent reconstructed the same itinerary and apparently the system could not assign the fare to the booking.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by marke190
Did you dummy book it on the website? I got as far as payment on a 7 segment itinerary via the AC website but then it errored out (code BRD_ORD_001). An AC phone agent reconstructed the same itinerary and apparently the system could not assign the fare to the booking.
I'll try booking an 8-segment itinerary when I have access to my laptop and let you know the result.

Even if you can't book it consistently on the website, there are still other ways around it.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 1:56 pm

I'll try booking an 8-segment itinerary when I have access to my laptop and let you know the result.

Even if you can't book it consistently on the website, there are still other ways around it.
Thanks, I'm using Matrix ITA and feeding it to the AC website. The only other way that I know of is to phone in which didn't work this time. Are there any other ways

I have to give credit where credit is due; the (NB-based?) agent was very patient, competent and determined and was able to save everything under a booking ref. The system issue arose when he tried to assign the fare to the booking.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:05 pm

Thanks, I'm using Matrix ITA and feeding it to the AC website. The only other way that I know of is to phone in which didn't work this time. Are there any other ways

I have to give credit where credit is due; the (NB-based?) agent was very patient, competent and determined and was able to save everything under a booking ref. The system issue arose when he tried to assign the fare to the booking.
I have found the YQM based reservations agents are the ones who have been able to book my complex itineraries within 10 minutes in the past during the RES III days. I'm also not surprised they would try to do everything they can to get your itineraries booked even with all the Amadeus issues. Once they learn to master the new system, they will be the best ones in the AC network.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 2:10 pm

I have found the YQM based reservations agents are the ones who have been able to book my complex itineraries within 10 minutes in the past during the RES III days. I'm also not surprised they would try to do everything they can to get your itineraries booked even with all the Amadeus issues. Once they learn to master the new system, they will be the best ones in the AC network.
I agree 100%, I've had similar experiences with complex itineraries/IRROPS. If only there was a way to connect to the YQM reservations every time.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: Air Miles, Westjet, Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Membership Rewards
Just had my itinerary disappear on my mRTW. Hoping it pops back up as Aeroplan/AC figure out their lives...
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
The agent at the international business class checkin found my disappeared second leg on Swiss in 1 minute. Check me in for both and off to the lounge. She said she's getting way better at fixing the problems. So that's good.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by chebert999
The agent at the international business class checkin found my disappeared second leg on Swiss in 1 minute. Check me in for both and off to the lounge. She said she's getting way better at fixing the problems. So that's good.
Your experience is similar to mine upthread (I posted last week regarding check-in post Amadeus). Your booking, when migrated from RES III to Amadeus, had the X links broken between segments. Thus when you check-in online, you aren't able to check-in for your second segment. However, since your second segment isn't operated by AC, you can't use AC OLCI to fix the problem. When you tried to check-in with Swiss online, Swiss was looking for confirmation that the first segment was checked-in via the X link (indicating connection), but since it was broken, it assumed that you weren't already checked-in for the first segment.

At the airport, when the check-in agents print your boarding passes, they'll re-establish the links.

There are so many things that broke during the migration process. It makes the entire migration appear as if they were performed without any consultation with AC's resident RES III experts on what needed to happen or what information is critical to be transferred over.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Booked a min-RTW recently and learning new things:
  • PNRs were changed: new PNR matches up with other airlines now. Yay!
  • Can't access reward seats: currently on hold now for 2.5h to change a segment form Y to J. It's available on expertflyer and AP website.
  1. 1st call: "I am sorry, but sometimes it shows available but it isn't" "Can you provide me a more technical reason?" "Well, sometimes you see it's available, but then when you go to book it, it isn't" Definitely an agent to HUCA
  2. Interim: use AP app to go all the way to the payment page. Looks like it's available.
  3. 2nd call: Same as above, but agent more knowledgable. Says that she's sending it off to ticketing, but it'll be 90 mins. She puts me on to another agent, since her shift is ending in 20 mins.
  4. 3rd (current) call: Seemingly knowledgeable agent. I attempt to purchase again on the app -- he doubts it'll work -- and I actually proceed though to payment and receive an e-ticket and PNR! However, he's unable to take those seats and use them for my original booking, which he informed me of before I completed the purchase. He puts me on hold and returns to tell me the reason he's unable to is because I am only attempting to change one segment, but the system is trying to look for availability for the entire leg (i.e. 3 segments) in J. Placed on hold again. After refunding that new purchase, he comes back and says that he'll try again but now he can't access those seats, despite me being able to initiate yet another checkout. He uses language from first call, which gets me a little stern: "It's not that the seats aren't there and can't be booked. We just tested if they are available and were successful in making a purchase -- you saw this yourself. And I'm able to initiate another purchase. It's not magic, we empirically tested if they are actually available and they are." Now on hold for supervisor, since we have other flights in our itinerary that we might change for the same reason. Uggh!
(note: on 3rd call, agent was trying to tell me that airlines release seats but they weren't necessarily available to AP members. I mentioned that I'm able to use another system and can see 4 J reward seats. I asked when a *A partner releases seats, if it's reward program specific or if all partner programs can access. He gave some circular answers that did not answer the question. Then relied on the same verbage as from Call #1 . Sigh)
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:57 pm

I just attempted another 7-segment dummy booking, taking it all the way to the end, credit card payment went through and confirmed. No problems. The booking was still intact as a single fare, but Amadeus reading the itinerary reads it as a multi-city itinerary grouping the flights into 3-3-1. I just verified that all the connection links are intact as well.

I used Matrix PowerTools to do this. I did it on a Latitude fare, so I don't know if that made a difference.

If you are getting an error at the payment stage, it is possible that the inventory you were going for was gone. With married segments, you can only really verify three segments at once, so you have no way of knowing whether you really have the inventory all the way through.

But the main point is that you can still book more than six segments on one fare, as long as the fare rule allows it.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
"Travel Document" email from "YTO Contact Center"

Another "feature", in addition to having a PDF of your booking emailed to you via the call centre agent or for your account, is that the call centre agent can send you a travel agency "Travel Document" style email (think of those courier font text printouts of your booking) of your booking with the header name and address showing "YTO Contact Center" (American spelling). The email also has a link to CheckMyTrip. Although insignificant, I thought that was kind of neat.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:03 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So, who exactly decided to do the migration just before winter weather gets really bad?
Old Nov 30, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
So, who exactly decided to do the migration just before winter weather gets really bad?
Perhaps whoever's year end bonus was tied to the migration milestone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.