Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by codfather
First call to AE today post-Amadeus because my YYT-YYR flight was cancelled for tomorrow morning (and I don't know why). Hold time for P25K was 7 minutes!

The only trouble is the agent did not believe that my flight was cancelled because I was using FA for the information. Checked the AC app again and it had changed to cancelled, so I passed this on to her. I can't imagine this call would go well for someone with no FT level of knowledge. I have been on hold now for over 15 minutes while she tries to book YYT-YQX-YYR. How could it possibly take that long to switch me onto those flights instead?
Because you are going from one segment to two segments, and with the new system agents are still learning how to attach coupons and issuing FIM equivalents so that your boarding pass doesn't show "coupon required". They know how to do it in RES III, but not many know how to do it in Amadeus yet.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Perhaps this occurred pre-Amadeus, but I’ve found in bookings made after the switch my 2 middle names are merged together? I’ve been signing in with my Aeroplan credentials and it prefills most of my personal details. Anyone else noticing similar? Should I just be manually inputting my name? Not that it’s a huge deal but would prefer the BPs had them separated. Also noticed that my pre-Amadeus has now changed to mrwesterncdn
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YYT82
Because you are going from one segment to two segments, and with the new system agents are still learning how to attach coupons and issuing FIM equivalents so that your boarding pass doesn't show "coupon required". They know how to do it in RES III, but not many know how to do it in Amadeus yet.
She is now calling AC to try and get them to manually cancel my previous check-in for the YYT-YYR flight...

This is a nuisance, I probably should have just called AC in the beginning, but I was worried they would direct me to AE.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:06 pm

She is now calling AC to try and get them to manually cancel my previous check-in for the YYT-YYR flight...

This is a nuisance, I probably should have just called AC in the beginning, but I was worried they would direct me to AE.
My apologies, I misread your earlier post that you called AE, not AC. Yes, in order for AE to book you on a new YYT-YQX-YYR flight, your check-in for YYT-YYR needs to be cancelled (so you are offloaded from that flight first). When you are already within the 24 hour window to your flight, it is faster calling AC to have it sorted out than AE. Although, in this case, since you got through to AE rather quickly, it doesn't hurt. If SEs have to wait more than an hour to get through to AC SE desk, I can't imagine you even get queued as a nobody.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:46 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
My apologies, I misread your earlier post that you called AE, not AC. Yes, in order for AE to book you on a new YYT-YQX-YYR flight, your check-in for YYT-YYR needs to be cancelled (so you are offloaded from that flight first). When you are already within the 24 hour window to your flight, it is faster calling AC to have it sorted out than AE. Although, in this case, since you got through to AE rather quickly, it doesn't hurt. If SEs have to wait more than an hour to get through to AC SE desk, I can't imagine you even get queued as a nobody.
So after the call failed, I wasn't expecting them to call me back. The agent thankfully did end up calling back to tell me that she had emailed me the updated itinerary and said I was good to go!

I tried to check-in for the flights, but the app/website won't let me, so I am praying that I really am "good to go"...

After the call failed, I tried calling the "altitude priority line", but the wait time was at least 60 minutes. Talk about priority eh...

Just glad everything is sorted...
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS

Is the general rule not "once travel has started, which is to say deal with the first/most-important/plated/operating carrier... but some carrier, for sure"?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jasdou
I've also been getting these notifications for 4 minutes schedule changes. The side benefit is that it locks you out of the booking and can no longer manage it from your account on AC.com. It takes away the possibility to change seats, add travel options, add the flights to the calendar, etc... Come on AC, you can fix this!
Originally Posted by jasdou
Exactly. You are only left with the option to "Change flight" and yet "It's not possible to change your flight online". I wanted to cancel and rebook something I booked this morning but now the "Cancel booking" button is greyed out.
Looks like these "slight" changes of a few minutes do matter, at least for now... notwithstanding the old wording of "15 minutes"...

I received a notice the day after the migration for a flight this coming Monday... and my reservation under View My Bookings was similarly fubar'd... so after calling in, the agent confirmed that they could still all of my bookings correctly, but he had to call the service desk to have that changed flight (that was moved to 5 minutes later) "reattached" to my booking... after that was completed, I could see my booking in its fully glory again with full options available.

So it might behoove those who received such notices to call in to make sure that everything is ok... at least for now.
jasdou likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Looks like these "slight" changes of a few minutes do matter, at least for now... notwithstanding the old wording of "15 minutes"...

I received a notice the day after the migration for a flight this coming Monday... and my reservation under View My Bookings was similarly fubar'd... so after calling in, the agent confirmed that they could still all of my bookings correctly, but he had to call the service desk to have that changed flight (that was moved to 5 minutes later) "reattached" to my booking... after that was completed, I could see my booking in its fully glory again with full options available.

So it might behoove those who received such notices to call in to make sure that everything is ok... at least for now.
Ouch, and I thought this was bad.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Reattching a flight... and "RC" on EF

Ouch, and I thought this was bad.
It wasn't that bad, IMHO. Aside from the long wait for reservations.

On another note, has anyone noticed on EF with R space showing "RC" instead of something like "R0" for upcoming flights? I see them for widebodies where it's J-low... will do a screenshot later.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:19 pm

It wasn't that bad, IMHO. Aside from the long wait for reservations.

On another note, has anyone noticed on EF with R space showing "RC" instead of something like "R0" for upcoming flights? I see them for widebodies where it's J-low... will do a screenshot later.
Inventory RC means the R inventory is closed for reservations, and no waitlisting is permitted, if it means what it used to mean.

In the past I have seen things like V7 GC WC SC TC ..., which means V is available for booking, but G or lower are blocked from booking. This usually pops up in married segments only.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Inventory RC means the R inventory is closed for reservations, and no waitlisting is permitted, if it means what it used to mean.

In the past I have seen things like V7 GC WC SC TC ..., which means V is available for booking, but G or lower are blocked from booking. This usually pops up in married segments only.
I see.

So this is different than "R0" in that they might decide to make it positive again (like someone undoes their eUpgrade or rev mgmt decides to release some)... and RC means that it is literally closed, even if someone undoes the eUpgrade? So in such a case, J would increment by one but R would remain RC instead of becoming R1?

I've seen the "C" for Y cabin fares but this is the first time I've seen it for J cabin.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:29 pm

I see.

So this is different than "R0" in that they might decide to make it positive again (like someone undoes their eUpgrade or rev mgmt decides to release some)... and RC means that it is literally closed, even if someone undoes the eUpgrade? So in such a case, J would increment by one but R would remain RC instead of becoming R1?

I've seen the "C" for Y cabin fares but this is the first time I've seen it for J cabin.
Theoretically yes, but the Amadeus migration has broken so many things, who knows what's really happening for sure?
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: *$ Green

On 1A specifically? Because I don't remember this being a thing before.

I know there's "multiple" ways to "0 out" inventory, but I don't remember this ever being a thing on EF (for AC).
Old Nov 28, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
On 1A specifically? Because I don't remember this being a thing before.

I know there's "multiple" ways to "0 out" inventory, but I don't remember this ever being a thing on EF (for AC).
Yes, this is a real thing on AC, and I have seen it in the RES III days as far back as three years ago.

Usually you only run into this problem if you are intentionally trying to turn a simple direct flight into three segments.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Interesting. I've never seen it!

Only thing I ever saw was YR BR MR UR etc.

Or Y- B- M-.

Never YC ☹️(no racks on racks I guess...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.