Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Haven't been able to pull up the web pages that set out how many eUpgrades are required. Keep get sent back to the general eUpgrade info pages.

Had to cancel an AE award last night and the Cancel button didn't work so had to call in to do it. Got an agent fairly quickly (about 2 minutes on hold at 9ish pm) but it took her almost 5-minutes to do the cancellation. She explained alot of their processes are still not working properly. Still learning curve among other issues. Because the web site was not functional, I was only charged $75+HST instead of the normal $150 (though I had to verify I had tried to do it myself).

App now looks a bit better (though I'd like to see a more definitive opening screen) and actually shows my previously booked flights...though still shows as active the AE flights I cancelled last night.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Haven't been able to pull up the web pages that set out how many eUpgrades are required. Keep get sent back to the general eUpgrade info pages.

Had to cancel an AE award last night and the Cancel button didn't work so had to call in to do it. Got an agent fairly quickly (about 2 minutes on hold at 9ish pm) but it took her almost 5-minutes to do the cancellation. She explained alot of their processes are still not working properly. Still learning curve among other issues. Because the web site was not functional, I was only charged $75+HST instead of the normal $150 (though I had to verify I had tried to do it myself).

App now looks a bit better (though I'd like to see a more definitive opening screen) and actually shows my previously booked flights...though still shows as active the AE flights I cancelled last night.
Shareholder

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ade-offer.html
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:08 am

Waiting to redeem reward points for flights

Any update on this? I'm in the same boat and I'm approaching the 72 hour mark after "force migration"

Originally Posted by kthpence
I managed to get through to an Aeroplan rep who went through the entire booking process with me and at the very end told me she couldn't finish my booking because my "account hasn't fully transitioned over to the new site yet." When I asked if she could put a hold on the award, she said it wasn't possible and that hopefully there will still be space in 24-48 hours once my account has been integrated into the new system.

If it doesn't work out, I'll be taking it up with Amex and Aeroplan to get the points sent back to my Amex account - this is truly ridiculous.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by CanadianMike
Good to hear.

Simple trip with availability shown on AE site?
Or pieced together segment by segment itinerary?
Simple trip

YYZ-SAN, SFO-YYZ
Old Nov 26, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...80%7c203647319

Has anyone had the additional eUpgrades credited to their account?
I checked also and I have not received them.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Thank you.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Booked a simple AE redemption YXU-YYZ-YUL using the website last night. Flying this Friday. Reservation went through and seems to be ticketed but I cannot select seats on Air Canada's website (I get error SS_SEAT_001).
An AE agent told me last month that once the system migrated, AE would no longer be offering free seat selection on redemptions (presumably Y). This could be it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by cedric
An AE agent told me last month that once the system migrated, AE would no longer be offering free seat selection on redemptions (presumably Y). This could be it.
WHAT??? There was never any communication about this (losing seat selection).

I'll be angry if this is true. Can anyone else confirm?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cedric
Originally Posted by yscleo

Maybe the agent was conflating "permanent new rule" with that of "temporary restrictions" as a result of migration stabilization/normalization.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Maybe the agent was conflating "permanent new rule" with that of "temporary restrictions" as a result of migration stabilization/normalization.
The way it's going, who knows. They can say it's a temporary issue and will be fixed soon. Soon for them can mean June/2020 and they launch aeropeso which removes ability to choose seats.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo

Was there anything ever published that said AE bookings included complimentary seat selection?
If it was an unpublished benefit, then there's nothing required to communication.

Currently the only info I see on the AE website is under the FAQ.

If you redeemed for a flight reward with Air Canada, you’ll receive an email with your Aeroplan Flight Reward confirmation shortly after completing your booking. In that email, you’ll find your Air Canada booking reference number. For Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards, you may also find your assigned seat if you had indicated a seat preference (window or aisle) during the flight reward process. If you didn’t indicate a seat preference and if you booked a Market Fare Flight Reward, the email will provide a link to select your seats on aircanada.com. Fees may apply.

If you are travelling with a Star Alliance carrier, visit Manage your bookings page on Aeroplan.com from the Your account section and use the Seat Selection link to obtain the booking reference for the airline(s). You may then visit the airline website and enter the booking reference to view your booking and to select your seat. Fees may apply.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...80%7c203647319

Has anyone had the additional eUpgrades credited to their account?
Sometime today I received 20 credits...they are described as "Promotion" (expiring Feb. 28, 2021)....not sure if these are the promised credits, as S100K are supposed to receive 25.
I did cross 100K on my last trip, so these could be the threshold credits, however, the AQM from the final leg of that trip that would put me over 100K has not posted yet....
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by t_rex
Sometime today I received 20 credits...they are described as "Promotion" (expiring Feb. 28, 2021)....not sure if these are the promised credits, as S100K are supposed to receive 25.
I did cross 100K on my last trip, so these could be the threshold credits, however, the AQM from the final leg of that trip that would put me over 100K has not posted yet....
Same. 20 credits, labeled "Flight Pass or Promotion".

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but 20 credits leaves me exactly 1 credit short of being able to upgrade an uncoming TATL .... and yes, they did say that SE's would get 25 .... in fact that page is still up: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...eupgrades.html
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by canopus27
Same. 20 credits, labeled "Flight Pass or Promotion".

I don't want to appear ungrateful, but 20 credits leaves me exactly 1 credit short of being able to upgrade an uncoming TATL .... and yes, they did say that SE's would get 25 .... in fact that page is still up: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...eupgrades.html
You didn't get the memo? 5 eUpgrade credits were used to upgrade your Amadeus experience.
skybluesea, canopus27 and 24left like this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Just tried to check in online for my flight YVR-EWR tomorrow morning. OLCI failed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.