Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by AC7E7
There is currently a weather event in Toronto which is compounding the current delays getting through to AC Concierge and regular call centres.

And an IT stupidity event in Air Canada which is compounding the delays as well - people HAVE to call to rebook: Self-Service Rebooking Tool for IRROPS / cancellations removed? - no more self serve!!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cooleddie
And an IT stupidity event in Air Canada which is compounding the delays as well - people HAVE to call to rebook: Self-Service Rebooking Tool for IRROPS / cancellations removed? - no more self serve!!
Surely it's nor just sheer stupidity which led them to remove it. Must be that after the switch it was not working, whether anticipated or not, and that so far they have noy been able to make it work. Real issue is that post-migration they must have quite a few systems (or band-aid stuff) hanging on the reservation system that need modifying, and given their great IT wisdom and perhaps arrogance, they grossly underestimated the work involved. Surprise surprise...
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by NoDestinations
Hi all. I usually fly United, but am making a trip up to Canada in a couple weeks. I am booked on a flight ticketed by United, operated by Air Canada (Express/Jazz). I was assigned a seat automatically, but want to change it. When I try to change, I get an error: "We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight. (SS_SEAT_001)."

I tried calling reservations but I get the standard greeting that they are unable to take my call due to high call volume and I cannot hold for an agent. I tried selecting different seats (possibly the seat I am trying to get is now occupied), but same situation. Does anyone know what to do about this?
You're on page 82 of a thread about AC moving to Amadeus. So, from that, I theorize its something about AC moving to Amadeus.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Starwood/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RangerNS
You're on page 82 of a thread about AC moving to Amadeus. So, from that, I theorize its something about AC moving to Amadeus.
Thanks! I appreciate the sarcasm. I asked if there is anything to do about this. I was not asking why this is happening. I happened to read a thing or two about the migration so I knew this was happening. Thanks for being so helpful!
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
There are many, many things that we cannot do with the current state of the migration. And as a result of that, bazillions of us (me excluded) are trying to reach AC on the phone, and therefore you cannot even do those things by phone much of the time.
It may very well be that the only things to do about it are wait on hold on a phone (if you are lucky), try at the airport, or try to like the seat you have.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Hi all. I usually fly United, but am making a trip up to Canada in a couple weeks. I am booked on a flight ticketed by United, operated by Air Canada (Express/Jazz). I was assigned a seat automatically, but want to change it. When I try to change, I get an error: "We weren't able to assign your seats for this flight. (SS_SEAT_001)."

I tried calling reservations but I get the standard greeting that they are unable to take my call due to high call volume and I cannot hold for an agent. I tried selecting different seats (possibly the seat I am trying to get is now occupied), but same situation. Does anyone know what to do about this?
@NoDestinations

As you are aware, we're in a bit of a very messy spot. I'd be more graphic, but this is a family forum.

You mention you are ticketed on UA, so 016 stock I assume. Did you try calling UA to get your seats changed?

As for reaching AC, I am one of many with status and have spent hours well until past 2:00am on hold trying to reach both the concierge line which we SEs have access to, as well las on hold with AC reservations. As many of us note, we are only calling because we can't do things we used to on the website eg. check-in, do seat selection or change seats, upgrade our flights using our own upgrade credits; some here had flights cancelled and the online rebooking tool is missing or broken.

This is the current state and thus while I would offer you an alternative, I don't have any to offer.

You can keep trying or cancel the ticket and fly someone else or try to change seats at check-in.

Perhaps someone else here has more suggestions.

Good luck.
yscleo likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond

Same message we got. Many of us have not been able to select/change seats on AC metal ever since the cutover. It's low on the priority for AC to deal with enhancements like this.

As you have experienced, many people have not been able to reach anyone at the call centres. I'm not hopeful seat selection/changes can happen in 30 days when I travel.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by YEGcg
Booked a min-RTW recently and learning new things:
  • PNRs were changed: new PNR matches up with other airlines now. Yay!
  • Can't access reward seats: currently on hold now for 2.5h to change a segment form Y to J. It's available on expertflyer and AP website.
  1. 1st call: "I am sorry, but sometimes it shows available but it isn't" "Can you provide me a more technical reason?" "Well, sometimes you see it's available, but then when you go to book it, it isn't" Definitely an agent to HUCA
  2. Interim: use AP app to go all the way to the payment page. Looks like it's available.
  3. 2nd call: Same as above, but agent more knowledgable. Says that she's sending it off to ticketing, but it'll be 90 mins. She puts me on to another agent, since her shift is ending in 20 mins.
  4. 3rd (current) call: Seemingly knowledgeable agent. I attempt to purchase again on the app -- he doubts it'll work -- and I actually proceed though to payment and receive an e-ticket and PNR! However, he's unable to take those seats and use them for my original booking, which he informed me of before I completed the purchase. He puts me on hold and returns to tell me the reason he's unable to is because I am only attempting to change one segment, but the system is trying to look for availability for the entire leg (i.e. 3 segments) in J. Placed on hold again. After refunding that new purchase, he comes back and says that he'll try again but now he can't access those seats, despite me being able to initiate yet another checkout. He uses language from first call, which gets me a little stern: "It's not that the seats aren't there and can't be booked. We just tested if they are available and were successful in making a purchase -- you saw this yourself. And I'm able to initiate another purchase. It's not magic, we empirically tested if they are actually available and they are." Now on hold for supervisor, since we have other flights in our itinerary that we might change for the same reason. Uggh!
(note: on 3rd call, agent was trying to tell me that airlines release seats but they weren't necessarily available to AP members. I mentioned that I'm able to use another system and can see 4 J reward seats. I asked when a *A partner releases seats, if it's reward program specific or if all partner programs can access. He gave some circular answers that did not answer the question. Then relied on the same verbage as from Call #1 . Sigh)
I spoke with a supervisor and she recommended I call in daily to change these flights from Y to J, since there's a bug with these flights being available on AE.com but not in their system.
I called again today (75 mins on hold -- I got some work done while waiting). Same result.
Will try again tomorrow.

Also, United Mileage Plus is showing the same availability as EF. Does United use a different system?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC 100k, Star Alliance Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Westjet Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
In today's frustrations, I was booked on AC to travel CVG-YYZ-YYC. I had checked in and signed up for notifications and about 2 hours before the flight, I checked the app to see if everything was running on time, to see that the CVG-YYZ flight had been cancelled. I didn't receive a call, text, email, or app notification to let me know. As usual, I couldn't get through on the phone to the 100k line or the 100k concierge line and no one at CVG had half a brain cell. Out of frustration, I jumped on an allegiant flight to LAS with my partner as I figured best to be on the west coast and not have to pay for a hotel in Cincinnati bc the cancellation was due to weather so AC wouldn't be covering it. By time I landed in Vegas, I still hadn't received any info from Air Canada despite emailing the national concieerge and the Calgary concierge. I finally got a notification from AC that I'd been re-booked on a flight 2 days from now. Wow...if I'm 100k and waiting 2 days, I'd hate to be someone with no status. I finally got a call from the concierge a few hours later telling me that they'd refunded my flight as requested.

NEXT...I used my Southwest Sun Flight Pass to book LAS-YVR-YYC in the morning. It showed upgrades were available on LAS-YVR but that there isn't a J class on the YVR-YYC flight. I quickly checked the AC page to see that there is in fact J on that flight and seats available. Regardless, I can survive in Y for the short jump to Calgary and proceeded with my upgrade from LAS-YVR, which showed that it cleared successfully. However, when I went to check-in, it still shows me in Y. I went into my eupgrade account to find that the credits had been taken out and then returned. I tried it all over again, same thing. Another funny note is that despite the upgrade page saying J isn't available on YVR-YYC, when I go to check-in, it offers me a paid upgrade to J on that leg. OLCI is offering paid upgrades on both legs but not offering me the ability to use credits. So now I'm unable to upgrade nor get anyone on the phone (55 mins so far on hold) to sort this out. Any geniuses out there have any idea what's going on?
Old Dec 2, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: AC SEMM; AA,DL, Hyatt and Starwood. Ex-status:SQ PPS,CSA,Hilton,AA,UA
Today's mild frustration. I'm in Australia, on a points ticket (in J) accompanying spouse (in paid PE). 7 day upgrade window opened up for the return; spouse is my nominee. But can't eup online, says not eligible. Phoned in, waited 20 mins to speak to agent. According to agent, "none of us have been able to figure out how to do nominee upgrades yet". Agent is able to upgrade spouse on spouse's own credits, which ought not be possible since my credits were used on the outbound. But whatever; mission accomplished, or reasonable facsimile thereof.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
I called the SE desk this morning, and got through in one minute! I was so shocked that I had to double check I was speaking to a real human!

Apparently now if there is a schedule change in any of your flights, no matter how minor, you need to have an AC agent confirming the schedule change before you are able to see the options such as "Change Flight" , "Change Seats" , "Cancel Booking" (for bookings made on AC website), "eUpgrade" , "Add Travel Options", and "Air Canada Stopover" (for international tickets) appearing again. This is in line with what yyznomad mentioned a few days ago.
jerry305 and canadiancow like this.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 7:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by luckylager
NEXT...I used my Southwest Sun Flight Pass to book LAS-YVR-YYC in the morning. It showed upgrades were available on LAS-YVR but that there isn't a J class on the YVR-YYC flight. I quickly checked the AC page to see that there is in fact J on that flight and seats available. Regardless, I can survive in Y for the short jump to Calgary and proceeded with my upgrade from LAS-YVR, which showed that it cleared successfully. However, when I went to check-in, it still shows me in Y. I went into my eupgrade account to find that the credits had been taken out and then returned. I tried it all over again, same thing. Another funny note is that despite the upgrade page saying J isn't available on YVR-YYC, when I go to check-in, it offers me a paid upgrade to J on that leg. OLCI is offering paid upgrades on both legs but not offering me the ability to use credits. So now I'm unable to upgrade nor get anyone on the phone (55 mins so far on hold) to sort this out. Any geniuses out there have any idea what's going on?
Based on what was sent out by Air Canada previously, you can't request an eUpgrade once the check-in window opens right now.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Angry

Originally Posted by YYT82
I called the SE desk this morning, and got through in one minute! I was so shocked that I had to double check I was speaking to a real human!

Apparently now if there is a schedule change in any of your flights, no matter how minor, you need to have an AC agent confirming the schedule change before you are able to see the options such as "Change Flight" , "Change Seats" , "Cancel Booking" (for bookings made on AC website), "eUpgrade" , "Add Travel Options", and "Air Canada Stopover" (for international tickets) appearing again. This is in line with what yyznomad mentioned a few days ago.
My reason as well for now being on hold with SE desk for 56 minutes...…..57 minutes...….58 minutes....
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by acysb87
My reason as well for now being on hold with SE desk for 56 minutes...…..57 minutes...….58 minutes....
One of the perks of being in YYT - I wake up when most of you are asleep.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYT82

That is for tickets purchased before the switch. Pretty sure at least some/all of these options show up for more recent purchases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.