Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Self-Service Rebooking Tool for IRROPS / cancellations removed?

Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)

Did the self self-service rebooking tool for IRROPS get removed?

I don't see it online...anywhere!

All the guidance is to call Air Canada reservations. Yikes...
Old Nov 29, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Did the self self-service rebooking tool for IRROPS get removed?

I don't see it online...anywhere!

All the guidance is to call Air Canada reservations. Yikes...
Oof this can't be helping the long wait times. In the last 2 days I've spent over 4 hours on the phone with AC; I can't stop hearing the hold music in my head
Old Nov 29, 2019, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marke190
Oof this can't be helping the long wait times. In the last 2 days I've spent over 4 hours on the phone with AC; I can't stop hearing the hold music in my head
You hear it again after you board!
marke190 likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 10:20 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had the link to the re-booking tool saved somewhere. That page now redirects to the general IRROPs page with the advisory to call AC. So yes, it appears to have been removed. Just as we go in to winter with all the havoc that can cause...
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I had the link to the re-booking tool saved somewhere. That page now redirects to the general IRROPs page with the advisory to call AC. So yes, it appears to have been removed. Just as we go in to winter with all the havoc that can cause...
I wonder if it's because the airports haven't had their switch over to the new system yet.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 3:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
It was very much tied into the reservation system. Maybe they'll rebuild it.

Hopefully with the same bugs as before.
Bohemian1, D582 and dr_torch like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Let's see how they deal with the snowstorm tomorrow.

You would think they would ensure all the features are the same and functional, with no reduced functionality, before they switch over to a new system.

In my opinion this is very dumb as it's a critical system especially in Canada. Need to be able to rebook otherwise the call centres will be flooded.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Let's see how they deal with the snowstorm tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be EPIC in terms of customer frustration. YYZ getting hit, Amadeus messed up, no one answers the phone, online rebooking tool is gone ....

EPIC!
rankourabu and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Tomorrow is going to be EPIC in terms of customer frustration. YYZ getting hit, Amadeus messed up, no one answers the phone, online rebooking tool is gone ....

EPIC!
Aside from weather, everything else you listed were self-inflicted by AC.
Bohemian1 and cooleddie like this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
1) Air Canada's phone app now official sucks

2) Air Canada has this new policy where you can't even be put on cold to speak to a customer service agent. It says that there are too many callers - try again later.

3) Air Canada's new software was recently updated 3-4 days ago (some amadeus thing) and the old system isn't interacting well with the new system. This is causing a plethora of problems.

Yikes!

Last edited by MDFFlyer; Nov 30, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Old Nov 30, 2019, 8:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
3) Air Canada's new software was recently updated 3-4 days ago (some prometheus thing) and the old system isn't interacting well with the new system. This is causing a plethora of problems.

Yikes!
@MDFFlyer
You mean this currently 79-page thread https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-79.html

Originally Posted by MDFFlyer
.....2) Air Canada has this new policy where you can't even be put on cold to speak to a customer service agent. It says that there are too many callers - try again later.
.......!
That would be the result of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...madeus-79.html
MDFFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:47 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
I used the website today to try and adjust two flights effected by the weather advisory for YUL/YOW/YYZ on 11 and 12 January
Fare bucket T - fare family Flex

Was able to the change the first one without any fees or additional fare within about 20 seconds, rebooked into same T inventory

Second PNR the flight availability showed I took the last T seat and now the website wanted to rebook 2nd pax into H class with both a penalty and additional fare

Last edited by ABG; Jan 10, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
It seems to want me to go in and change under manage my bookings, but of course says I can't change with a pending eupgrade request and I'm not able to cancel that either...frustrating!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE(w/*); NEXUS
No online options for me

Same story for me: regular site and app greyed out/non-functional... Not sure if eUps played a role. Both flights cancelled on today's itinerary. Computer rebook for second (already) rebooked leg through YUL was YUL-YOW-YHZ-YSJ. Tomorrow. Went to Moncton instead. All changes required human intervention at YYC & YUL - friendly and efficient but nothing functional online anywhere. Just got an AC text that my rebooked YUL-YOW flight tomorrow morning will depart 3 hour late. I'm glad I'm writing this in my kitchen instead... Think they'll inadvertently credit the extra segments for the rebook?
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.