FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result
Old Nov 25, 2019, 8:29 pm
oa424

Programs: A3 *Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kthpence
I fed them the segments and the flights were available. It was at the moment of paying for the taxes & fees that she said she couldn't finish the booking for the above reason.

I don’t think it’s a matter of an account migration issue — I too had difficulty yesterday booking a multi-segment itinerary where I gave the agent the individual segments (which were all available and within the routing rules) ... she said that the new system read my itinerary as invalid and would not allow her to book it. I eventually spoke to a ticketing lead who was able to process it after 1.5 hours, only because I had a similar itinerary already booked where she was able to copy the fare structure and force the redemption.

Unfortunately, going forward, it does not seem like it will be possible to have the routing flexibility that was previously available with the old system. I think it’s time to burn the last of my miles; I had planned to transfer during the next Marriott bonus, fortunately I haven’t done so.