Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by marke190
After weather/mechanical kerfuffles yesterday, today is take-two flying YVR-YYZ. Snow and nasty weather in YYZ is creating massive problems with pretty much everything out of YVR to YYZ/YUL which is understandable but what's not understandable is the condescending and defeatist attitudes from AC staff today who work at the airport (YVR). After not even entertaining the idea of checking alternate flights that I suggested, the lounge dragon curtly told me that my boarding card/seat number will always be valid for boarding even if there is an equipment change. When I tried to tell her that my old seat physically doesn't exist on the new aircraft she said that she "didn't want to barter with me" and that she knew because she has worked for AC for 25 years. That was the end of it; I knew my efforts were futile. After all, she does work at the airport!
I think I know who you're talking about... and if I'm correct, then I'm a bit surprised you received that response.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by jc94
What happened when you boarded and found your seat missing?

Weather that bad at YYZ?
Yeah, starting from yesterday morning's snowsquall followed by the significant drop in temperature.

My flight was delayed an hour this morning, and we were the "lucky" ones.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Still haven't boarded yet, I plan on asking the GA at T-45.

At this rate though I'll definitely make it to the Do tomorrow night. Does the drink offer still stand @canadiancow ?
My offer also stands!
marke190 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Every single UA*G was circled, overwritten with "SE". AC*SM, AC*SE, and AC*EM were circled. AC*E (Elite 50K), AC*P (Prestige 25K), and AC*PL (no idea) were left untouched.
I'm a bit confused by this. Do airline-specific frequent-flyer codes make their way to partner airlines? I would have assumed that UA*G simply meant they are a United member that has Star Alliance Gold and that there is no way for AC to know whether someone is United "Elite" or "Super-Elite" equivalent, but just that they are Star Alliance Gold status.

I could be totally wrong here, the only reason I think this might be the case is that last year I was P25K and my boarding passes on LOT, Turkish, and Lufthansa always said "AC*S" not "AC*P" I assumed this meant that I was an Air Canada member with Star Alliance Silver status, which is true. I always assumed that to standardize across 25 airlines everything was streamlined to just Nothing, Silver, or Gold when it came to flying with a partner. Like if you're SE flying on Lufthansa wouldn't it still just say "AC*G" the same as if you were E50K?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You're correct. That's why I posted it in this thread. The SD was wrong, but was so sure of himself.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:28 pm

You're correct. That's why I posted it in this thread. The SD was wrong, but was so sure of himself.
Ahhh, I get it now! Sorry I'm slow. On the plus side my confusion was enough to bring me out of the lurkers and actually create an account on here
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Still haven't boarded yet, I plan on asking the GA at T-45.

At this rate though I'll definitely make it to the Do tomorrow night. Does the drink offer still stand @canadiancow ?
So did you make it? Was a good jacket and griphook onto the wing required?
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Definitely
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope
My offer also stands!
Originally Posted by jc94
So did you make it? Was a good jacket and griphook onto the wing required?
The flight went out with only a 4.5 hour delay so I'll have to keep hoping that the offers will be extended

The GAs did a great job getting all the seats sorted out, no jacket and griphook required but an inflatable mattress would have been nice!
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
The flight went out with only a 4.5 hour delay so I'll have to keep hoping that the offers will be extended

The GAs did a great job getting all the seats sorted out, no jacket and griphook required but an inflatable mattress would have been nice!
Ah, a nice J pancake?
marke190 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I think I know who you're talking about... and if I'm correct, then I'm a bit surprised you received that response.
Yeah the whole interaction was odd. She could have just been having a bad day, which is fair given all the delays and FOTSGs travelling at this time of year.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
A couple weeks ago the Agent at the front desk of the Cafe in YYZ told me that to catch my domestic flight YYZ - YVR I needed to go to the international gates F71. After confirming with him 3 times that I have to go to the international gates to catch my flight to Vancouver and him saying yes 3 times I gave up and tried to go there.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
A couple weeks ago the Agent at the front desk of the Cafe in YYZ told me that to catch my domestic flight YYZ - YVR I needed to go to the international gates F71. After confirming with him 3 times that I have to go to the international gates to catch my flight to Vancouver and him saying yes 3 times I gave up and tried to go there.
Third time's a charm.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:24 pm
Original Poster

Friend flying USA-FRA-DEL on Aeroplan, on board USA-FRA notices I-class on DEL-HYD. He had planned to buy a ticket. He messages me and asks me to call to add the segment.

I offload him from FRA-DEL and call Aeroplan.

Nope. Can't do it. No chance. You have to make changes 2 hours before departure of the first segment. After all, the ticket is under AIRPORT CONTROL, so they can't touch it. (for reference, tickets move to airport control days before departure, not minutes, not hours). She said I can only do it at stopover points, never while in transit. So I'm clearly mistaken about the times I've done that before.

I finally asked for a supervisor. Put on a lengthy hold. I decided to HUCA.

Done with the next agent with a total call time of 19m 37s, including the hold for ticketing. She wasn't 100% sure it could be done, but she was willing to try. And she learned something, so next time, she'll KNOW it's possible.
expert7700 and yrp like this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Friend flying USA-FRA-DEL on Aeroplan, on board USA-FRA notices I-class on DEL-HYD. He had planned to buy a ticket. He messages me and asks me to call to add the segment.

I offload him from FRA-DEL and call Aeroplan.

Nope. Can't do it. No chance. You have to make changes 2 hours before departure of the first segment. After all, the ticket is under AIRPORT CONTROL, so they can't touch it. (for reference, tickets move to airport control days before departure, not minutes, not hours). She said I can only do it at stopover points, never while in transit. So I'm clearly mistaken about the times I've done that before.

I finally asked for a supervisor. Put on a lengthy hold. I decided to HUCA.

Done with the next agent with a total call time of 19m 37s, including the hold for ticketing. She wasn't 100% sure it could be done, but she was willing to try. And she learned something, so next time, she'll KNOW it's possible.
That sounds frustrating. Out of curiosity: Why did you have to offload him from FRA-DEL if the intention is to add a segment? Is that not possible otherwise?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
That sounds frustrating. Out of curiosity: Why did you have to offload him from FRA-DEL if the intention is to add a segment? Is that not possible otherwise?
If you're checked in, the coupon is FULLY under the airline's control.

Otherwise you could do something nefarious like board a flight and quickly call to cancel it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.