Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by RangerNS
Swissport TA in IAD told me I had to move my own bags through YYZ.

A few hour later, though the concierge had assured me the flight was being held, as did the inbound IC landing in YOW, the YOW GA made a point of scarring the bejesus out of 25 PAX, running the whole terminal to make their YHZ cx, that final boarding had started. Zero f's given, I was halfway down the air bridge as she was beligerantly explaining how it was critical she made that announcement to all but crying FOTSGs.

Writing that out I'm actually kinda pissed. Lazy and indifferent I get, but she was clearly enjoying the sadism.
IC as in In Charge as in SD Service Director?

That sounds like a typical YOW GA alright. I have way too many negative things to say about some of the YOW staff.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
IC as in In Charge as in SD Service Director?

That sounds like a typical YOW GA alright. I have way too many negative things to say about some of the YOW staff.
Has a YOW GA also accused you of using your Dad's Aeroplan number?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Has a YOW GA also accused you of using your Dad's Aeroplan number?
Not yet, but by the way I dress, I CLEARLY look like a Supre Elite of the 69th kind.
Plumber likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:13 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Not yet, but by the way I dress, I CLEARLY look like a Supre Elite of the 69th kind.
I doubt that. You're such a FOTSG. When did you even last earn an AQS, like a year ago?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: AC: E75K, Marriott :Titanium, National: EXEC ELITE
More dumb things CSA's have tried to convince you of...

I looked for the old "I work at the airport thread", but it was closed, and I have one of those things that a phone agent tried to tell me that I am 97% sure is utter BS. So, I'll ask the question here, and hope the mods are OK with another thread for these type of issues.

So, my thing is that I just booked for YOW-YYC later this week on a 320. Preferred cabin only has middles left, but the agent was adamant about putting me in 17E, because she said that the seat beside is a crew seat, and no one will be in it. I tried to say I think maybe you are thinking of the 321 (and also, it's row 16, but I didn't say that), but she wouldn't budge that 17F is a crew seat. So, I just said fine, and then moved to a non-preferred aisle, and will keep my eyes peeled for something better.

I'm not going crazy right? There's no jump seat at the overwing on the 320, right?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by VoodooYYC
I looked for the old "I work at the airport thread", but it was closed
Please note that your post has been moved into the reopened thread as the original was closed for wandering far, far off topic so let's try and keep the discussion more to the thread topic.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

I looked for the old "I work at the airport thread", but it was closed, and I have one of those things that a phone agent tried to tell me that I am 97% sure is utter BS. So, I'll ask the question here, and hope the mods are OK with another thread for these type of issues.

So, my thing is that I just booked for YOW-YYC later this week on a 320. Preferred cabin only has middles left, but the agent was adamant about putting me in 17E, because she said that the seat beside is a crew seat, and no one will be in it. I tried to say I think maybe you are thinking of the 321 (and also, it's row 16, but I didn't say that), but she wouldn't budge that 17F is a crew seat. So, I just said fine, and then moved to a non-preferred aisle, and will keep my eyes peeled for something better.

I'm not going crazy right? There's no jump seat at the overwing on the 320, right?
Originally Posted by tcook052
Please note that your post has been moved into the reopened thread as the original was closed for wandering far, far off topic so let's try and keep the discussion more to the thread topic.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
But this agent doesn't even work at the airport!
expert7700 and yyz_atc_qq like this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
No, you’re not going crazy.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K

Ha, very similar thing happened to me last week on YYZ-YOW on a 320 also. Had to change my booking dates about a week prior, and agent said she'd put me in 16B as the seat next was "blocked off" and only filled by crew or as a last resort if the flight was completely full. I was sceptical, but accepted her explanation. Wouldn't you know, I board and find people in both 16A and 16C, meanwhile the rest of the rows on the flight were half empty.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have had at least two AC flights where I have had FAs tell connecting passengers from US to Canada connecting thru YYZ and USA-EU connecting thru YYZ that they need to go down the stairs to customs, pick up their bags and recheck them.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

But this agent doesn't even work at the airport!
Apparently I should have kept the snark to myself
tcook052 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Apparently I should have kept the snark to myself
Thread title includes airport and airline
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vernonc
Thread title includes airport and airline
It didn't when I made the first comment, hence my second
ffsim likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC SE, WJ Gold
I’m tired of how AC airport CSRs treat folks - not just myself, but watching them with others. I have not had as bad of luck on the phone, but I would guess YMMV.

Today checking in at YEG with my Nexus card the agent said, “Do you have your passport?” I said yes. “I will need it too,” she said. I hand her my Canadian passport.

FWIW I am a 100k+ on two other airlines and a 50k on two others.

I asked the question, “I always carry my passports, but I have been able to check in with my Nexus card no problem before.”

No reply.

I asked again politely, “Do I need my passport to check in from now on?” (Given work needs have me coming back to AC on a challenge, I haven’t flown them with regularity for years - I felt it was a fair question and I meant it honestly).

No reply.

I asked, “Did you hear my question, or do you not know?”

No reply.

I said, “Clearly you don’t seem to care.”

Agent asks, “What address are you going to in the US?”

I said, “Oh here, (passing my US passport), I’m a dual national so you don’t have to put in an address.”

Agent, “You have to give me a US address.”

I hand her my US passport and said, “Just scan that and it should disappear.”

“It won’t” she insists. She scans my US passport and two boarding passes print and she hands them to me saying, “Boarding at 13:10.”

Why so dismissive? Why no sense of giving a ____? It’s like they train them to be this way and take some kind of sick pride in being recalcitrant and intractable.

Rant over.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 6, 2019 at 7:01 am Reason: content
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
They have in the past couple of months started always asking for my (Canadian) passport, either direction. I don't remember when it changed, the first time I idly handed it over, it wasn't for a couple of ask that I noticed, and was going to object (as I'd done before), but realized it had been several flights they always asked so something must have changed.

I'll reserve my energy and rage for something important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.