Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Anyone else thinking that this is just the beginning? There were significant employment issues stemming out of Covid restrictions and some employees will choose to find a more stable career path. Were concierge staff more protected during all this? If this is the quality of service right now, what happens when there is a big uptick in hiring as air travel volume resurrects itself over the next couple years?
Corporate will have to commit to doubling down on properly training and instructing a mostly rookie workforce if they care. As mentioned, contracting out just makes this worse. AC only does so at foreign sites correct?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
For their core roles, I think they only contact out at stations where they don't have 40 shift hours per week, in continuous shifts.

4 morning hours and 4 evening hours doesn't work. 4 afternoon hours doesn't work.

It's less a choice than a practicality.
Old Mar 19, 2022, 7:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by FlY2XS
Corporate will have to commit to doubling down on properly training and instructing a mostly rookie workforce if they care.
If it is even slightly true that the attitudes from GoC Airlines and because union capture are true, then those people (influenced also by having to learn something) might have been taken care of in COVID-times.

Also possible a younger staff, with modern software, would be more willing to click around vs those who say "impossible" when they mean "I forgot the 6 key stroke command".
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
In CUN had to reprint my luggage stickers/tags. I had put two of the little tiny mini-sticker barcodes on the top and bottom of each of my group's five bags. Was told that was wrong, two stickers MUST stay on the main tag an only one is put on the bag. They located and scraped off 10 of the little stickers and reprinted everything. Disagreement led nowhere, cause she works at the airport.

Minor disagreement onboard. I'd prepaid for 4 meal combos which means two snacks instead of the 1 you get when you BOB. Was told by FA that it was only one snack on the combo, had to say several times that if you prepay you get two. Eventually she did give me the snacks (8 Kitkat bars of course) on my word. I've never prepaid before, I might screenshot the page from now on.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ride red
Minor disagreement onboard. I'd prepaid for 4 meal combos which means two snacks instead of the 1 you get when you BOB. Was told by FA that it was only one snack on the combo, had to say several times that if you prepay you get two. Eventually she did give me the snacks (8 Kitkat bars of course) on my word. I've never prepaid before, I might screenshot the page from now on.
The Air Canada Bistro menu states Latitude fares or Air Canada Bistro vouchers come with 2 snacks.
Latitude fare
Customers who have purchased a Latitude fare ticket or an Air Canada Bistro voucher are eligible for a choice of one meal item or one beverage, plus two snack items on most flights over 2 hours.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by zappy312
The Air Canada Bistro menu states Latitude fares or Air Canada Bistro vouchers come with 2 snacks.
Im not entirely clear on it, but is it possible they bought the meals during the ticket payment process... (?) which can be done on lower fare categories.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Im not entirely clear on it, but is it possible they bought the meals during the ticket payment process... (?) which can be done on lower fare categories.
I interpreted it as they purchased the Bistro vouchers (rather than the Latitude ticket), but the menu describes the benefit together (either the Latitude fare ticket or Air Canada Bistro voucher come with one meal item (or one beverage) and two snack items - the header is a bit misleading, but the wording describes it clearly.

Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yes, that's correct, Standard fare via Air Canada Vacations, prepaid the Bistro vouchers 24+ hours in advance, boarding pass had MEAL.

Old Mar 22, 2022, 6:22 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by ride red
Even that image lacks a certain clarity. Depending on the order of operations, one could interpret that as meaning:
"You can get one meal OR you can get an alcoholic beverage and two snacks"
or
"You can get one meal OR an alcoholic beverage. In addition, you'll get two snacks"
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Croptop
Even that image lacks a certain clarity. Depending on the order of operations, one could interpret that as meaning:
or
"You can get one meal OR an alcoholic beverage. In addition, you'll get two snacks"
Plus there is the "on select flights" and "on most flights" ambiguity someone could try to grab onto.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
or
I think it's very clear. 1 meal or alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks. No ambiguity. If FAs on board don't know about it that's a completely different story.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 8:40 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
or
I think it's very clear. 1 meal or alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks. No ambiguity. If FAs on board don't know about it that's a completely different story.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
That's not clear to me...

Do you mean: (1 meal) or (alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks).
Or: (1 meal or alcoholic beverage) and (2 snacks).
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I'd put this into a SAT solver, but as it mixes boolean and algebraic operators, it would be confused.

Every language I know of puts textual boolean operators at lowest precedence: from that, the reading is {meal} or { booze, 2 snacks }.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
That's not clear to me...

Do you mean: (1 meal) or (alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks).
Or: (1 meal or alcoholic beverage) and (2 snacks).
If we consider context... it's hard to believe that Air Canada would sell too many vouchers at $10.49 where the buyer would opt for (1 meal) - which they can BOB for less money.

Then, (alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks) is really just one of the two options of [(1 meal or alcoholic beverage) and (2 snacks)]

It makes a whole lot more sense that 2nd interpretation is correct.

So, despite the fact that they could format this for more clarity, I think we can decipher what AC means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.