Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Yeah, I think we all know what they mean, but we shouldn't have to figure out what they mean.

They made qualification a lot clearer after initially it read like (AQM or (AQS and AQD)).

They could easily do the same thing here.

"Two snacks, in addition to one meal or one alcoholic beverage."
Old Mar 22, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
That's not clear to me...

Do you mean: (1 meal) or (alcoholic beverage and 2 snacks).
Or: (1 meal or alcoholic beverage) and (2 snacks).
Why would someone pre-purchase an AC Bistro voucher for $10.49 if a meal is at most $8.95 + tax?

I agree it could be labelled more clearly but to say you dont know what they are intending here is a bit of a stretch
Old Mar 22, 2022, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Why would someone pre-purchase an AC Bistro voucher for $10.49 if a meal is at most $8.95 + tax?

I agree it could be labelled more clearly but to say you dont know what they are intending here is a bit of a stretch
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by ride red
If we consider context...
<snip>
So, despite the fact that they could format this for more clarity, I think we can decipher what AC means.
Sure, use your brains.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is an FA working for AC as an AC FA also considered as "working at the airport"?
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards

My entire extended family of FOTSGs would fall for this. "It must be a deal if they offer it in advance!"
yyznomad likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Why does 2l of ketchup cost 3x as much as 1l of ketchup?
yyznomad and TOR27 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Well this is my favorite so far. Traveling on an Aeroplan Latitude Reward I my flight from SFO - YYZ - YOW, my YYZ - YOW flight got cancelled and I was re-accomodated on a later flight the next day.

I overnighted at the Sheraton and returned to Terminal 1 in the morning. At that point noticed my upgrade has fell off and I was re-seated into Y. (it was 2am when I got the hotel and did not even think to check, I just went to bed) Not sure if this is normal, but it was a Y redemption so I understand why it happened.

Got to the checkin desk and the agent swore up and down that she could not request an upgrade for an Aeroplan ticket. Only revenue tickets were possible. I had to push for her to get somebody else involved and after being told "well, you will get the same answer" the new agent placed my on the upgrade list. Upgrade cleared at T-40.

I find it funny how things that should be so simple can sometimes become so difficult.
mathemagic likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:42 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Got to the checkin desk and the agent swore up and down that she could not request an upgrade for an Aeroplan ticket. Only revenue tickets were possible.
A great indication of the gap between AC's (or many large consumer-facing organizations) ability to promote a benefit and their ability to train their staff to deliver said benefit in a timely fashion.

I know that we all like dump on their reps, but one day I'd love to get the AC check-in agents / gate agents / lounge agents / flight attendants perspective on these kind of things.

While I'm sure it may be IDGAF for some of them, I'm sure simple ignorance could be the explanation for others.
yyznomad and YYC3722 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
A great indication of the gap between AC's (or many large consumer-facing organizations) ability to promote a benefit and their ability to train their staff to deliver said benefit in a timely fashion.

I know that we all like dump on their reps, but one day I'd love to get the AC check-in agents / gate agents / lounge agents / flight attendants perspective on these kind of things.

While I'm sure it may be IDGAF for some of them, I'm sure simple ignorance could be the explanation for others.
I generally agree. But I'll add that there's a difference between agents being misinformed on a policy vs not knowing what can and can't be done. An agent should not insist something is "impossible" unless they have had training or experience to suggest that that is the case. I would hope that AC isn't actively training its employees to fail to deliver on published benefits.
yyznomad, dr_torch, ffsim and 3 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:24 am

People who don't have credit cards.

My little brother is bipolar and if he needs to travel I often make the arrangements for him. I always make sure to pre-purchase food vouchers because I don't know that he'll be able to complete a purchase on board, and I don't know if in the anxiety of getting to the airport and making his flight he will have thought about feeding himself.

Also I think for a brief period of re-opening after covid, there wasn't buy on board available but you could pre-purchase food.
yyznomad, lcohen999, arf04 and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by p106_peppy
Also I think for a brief period of re-opening after covid, there wasn't buy on board available but you could pre-purchase food.
If AC actually offers food to those who prepurchase Bistro vouchers, versus running out before they get to row 30, then prepurchase for an extra couple bucks may be worth it
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by expert7700
If AC actually offers food to those who prepurchase Bistro vouchers, versus running out before they get to row 30, then prepurchase for an extra couple bucks may be worth it
That is a benefit. They come to you first if you've prepaid, making it far more likely you'll get your first choice.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ride red
That is a benefit. They come to you first if you've prepaid, making it far more likely you'll get your first choice.
I didn't realize this.
Is this 100% of the time? Or as per usual, it depends on the spectrum of DGAFness of the SD/crew?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC 75k
Originally Posted by p106_peppy
People who don't have credit cards.

My little brother is bipolar and if he needs to travel I often make the arrangements for him. I always make sure to pre-purchase food vouchers because I don't know that he'll be able to complete a purchase on board, and I don't know if in the anxiety of getting to the airport and making his flight he will have thought about feeding himself.

Same thing with teenage kids who can fly alone or without us on team or studio trips but don't pack the plastic.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Daughter Lev is a P25K and flew ZRH-YYZ over the weekend on a Basic ticket (she has yet to learn). She was charged for her checked bag despite her status and having an Amex black Amex card. When I checked in this morning, I asked the concierge about it and she said "oh it depends on the fare" and checked with a check-in agent who confirmed the same thing. I pulled up the AC website that says P25K "Enjoy a complimentary checked baggage allowance on flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge, regardless of fare purchased." She seemed surprised (the system can't be wrong) and said she would bring it to the attention of the new manager when he starts on Friday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.