Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by TOR27
You could also explain why you want the latitude fare over PY.....not that you should have to but it might help to say "I really want Latitude so that I can apply for an upgrade right away"
Some of them truely don't understand why (are unaware of the direct and no ugprade window in Latitude). That's what is hard, taking the time to explaining to them and yet they answer "yes but PY is less expensive so I booked this for you" .. smh
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by royal757
Not sure where to post this, but might fit the topic.

"Trust me with this, this is cheaper and it's what you want"
-AC reservation agent.

Was schedule to fly YUL-LHR on paid J on Monday night, had to change to Thursday night of this week, after much back and fourth I get a call back from an AC agent. Quoting me 7K to move my departure date as the ticket has to be repriced as a whole (I get it they can't just change the outbound, they have to reprice the inbound and outbound).

I found an itinerary that costs the same but is PY on the inbound and Y (latitude) on the way back. The reservation agent says ok, no change fee, just 300$ fare difference (I'm fine with that). But I triple confirm with her: PY in the outbound and Economy latitude on the way back. She says "ok yes of course".

She books it, then I receive a confirmation and PNR to my email and I see it's PY on the outbound and PY on the inbound! I ask her why? I didn't want PY
(my rational is that latitude has no E-upgrade window and it was 100$ more expensive than PY but PY has 200$ co-pay for the Eupgrade, and the flight had 1 R left and is in 2 weeks).

She simply answers: Trust me this is what you want, it's 100$ cheaper than the latitude fare you told me about and is a better seat. I was shocked... no words. Now I called again to rechange it and the fare difference went up in the meantime between the calls. I'm really disappointed, I triple said "latitude economy on the way back, please confirm". Yet she booked me in PY "to save me money"... funny enough I'll upgrade and it'll cost me 200$ instead of costing me 100$ more in latitude with no co-pay (just 11 eups).

Has this ever happened to anyone? Sorry If I am not posting in the right thread. At this point hopefully, my upgrade on the way back clears and all this is a distant memory.
Can you not make changes or cancel and reticket into Lat since you are within the 24hr window for International flights ?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
Can you not make changes or cancel and reticket into Lat since you are within the 24hr window for International flights ?
I agree in abstract, although that also depends on the original Lat fare still being available ...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by canopus27
I agree in abstract, although that also depends on the original Lat fare still being available ...
Exactly. Once the agent booked my new flights, the Lat fare changed fares, I’m clueless as to how or why but I guess fare buckets got affected.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:07 pm

I just had an exciting argument with the YYZ concierge.

They insisted that I needed to complete an Argentina declaration of entry form, even though I'm not actually going to enter Argentina as I am turning around on the same plane. My explanations that I was only connecting, and that I had done this sort of turn before in Hong Kong, and that I had cleared it previously with AC management, fell on deaf ears. "They are all wrong" I was told. Instead, they made me complete a declaration of entry form, which includes mandatory fields like "address you are staying at" (um, the airport?)

But they work at the airport, so that was that.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just had an exciting argument with the YYZ concierge.

They insisted that I needed to complete an Argentina declaration of entry form, even though I'm not actually going to enter Argentina as I am turning around on the same plane. My explanations that I was only connecting, and that I had done this sort of turn before in Hong Kong, and that I had cleared it previously with AC management, fell on deaf ears. "They are all wrong" I was told. Instead, they made me complete a declaration of entry form, which includes mandatory fields like "address you are staying at" (um, the airport?)

But they work at the airport, so that was that.
"But I'm not entering".

Reminds me of when CBSA told me I needed to fill out the "resident" section of the declaration form, because I'm a citizen. "But I don't reside in Canada. I'm just visiting."

Literally the thing is in the name. "Entry".

This is where I prefer to just ignore them and walk away.
yyznomad and canopus27 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Obviously it's cost prohibitive, but front line staff really should actually exerpeince the product to see how things are really done.
This includes stuff like check in, security, luggage, lounge, boarding, in-flight, landing, connecting/entry requirements, lines, etc.
someone should create an airport to airport sim experience tat gets updated with real time info.

Anyway, all a pipe dream at least for now. Until then, it will be lots of people working at airports/for the airlines telling us that the earth is flat.
arf04 and YYC3722 like this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:33 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Obviously it's cost prohibitive, but front line staff really should actually exerpeince the product to see how things are really done.
This includes stuff like check in, security, luggage, lounge, boarding, in-flight, landing, connecting/entry requirements, lines, etc.
someone should create an airport to airport sim experience tat gets updated with real time info.

Anyway, all a pipe dream at least for now. Until then, it will be lots of people working at airports/for the airlines telling us that the earth is flat.
My perception is that management would benefit a lot more from that than frontline staff would
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by pewpew
My perception is that management would benefit a lot more from that than frontline staff would
I think both need it. Neither would like the treatment. Frontline staff might learn to empathize with the passengers and management... they might then start to enforce something new.

Of course, it could all go wrong and management especially will see ways to cause more pain and the frontline staff who see power tripping might think it's fun to annoy customers.
pewpew likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
"But I'm not entering".

Reminds me of when CBSA told me I needed to fill out the "resident" section of the declaration form, because I'm a citizen. "But I don't reside in Canada. I'm just visiting."

Literally the thing is in the name. "Entry".

This is where I prefer to just ignore them and walk away.
DrunkCargo and I just transited EZE connections just fine, so it turns out that I was right all along

Who knew.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
My seatmate on yesterday's AC1038 (DEN - YYZ) complained about being forced to complete Arrivecan by the check-in agents. She was connecting to AC826 to AMS. She tried to explain to the agent that she won't be leaving the secure area and therefore she doesn't need it, but the agents wouldn't listen to her.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:10 pm

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
My seatmate on yesterday's AC1038 (DEN - YYZ) complained about being forced to complete Arrivecan by the check-in agents. She was connecting to AC826 to AMS. She tried to explain to the agent that she won't be leaving the secure area and therefore she doesn't need it, but the agents wouldn't listen to her.
If I am the agent and I forgot or didn’t bother to remember the rules, I would simply tell everyone to complete the forms. Safer that way

I assume the agents at DEN are contractors?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by songsc
If I am the agent and I forgot or didn’t bother to remember the rules, I would simply tell everyone to complete the forms. Safer that way

I assume the agents at DEN are contractors?
I don't know. They wore LH uniforms, so I would guess Swissport?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Not that it excuses anything. AC still pays for them. They should know how transit works in their airline's country.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:58 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
DrunkCargo and I just transited EZE connections just fine, so it turns out that I was right all along

Who knew.
But you aren't a concierge and don't work at the airport so you are "wrong" Talking
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.