Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by jazzsax
read what you posted.

one meal item OR one beverage. Not both.
Right. OP wanted a drink plus two snacks...but was denied.
newfbc, arf04, Microwave and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC 75K, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
read what you posted.

Yes, please do read what I posted.
I wanted the 'OR one beverage' but I was told there was no choice. ONLY a meal and one snack.

Ron.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:16 pm

fare changes are NOT done at the airport unless the concierge wants to make some calls
Old Aug 25, 2022, 11:18 pm
wjw

Programs: Air Canada - Super Elite, Marriott Platinum
read what you posted.

read what you posted.

it was not relevant.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Needed boarding pass printed for a domestic flight at YVR. No bags and was checked in. Stayed at fairmont YVR overnight which is in US departures (I flew in from PHX).

I tried to grab my hard stock boarding pass at the priority check in counters by the fairmont (US departures). I had no bags. There was no line and the guy would not print out my boarding pass, said I needed to go to domestic. After I told him that I was connecting from US and stayed at fairmont , he then asked me if I had any bags and if I was priority. Told him I was in J and 75K, only after that did he print out my boarding pass. Took him 5 seconds. Lol. I personally think he just didn’t think I was priority or I belonged in J, didn’t want to help me lol!
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AC E75K, *G
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Needed boarding pass printed for a domestic flight at YVR. No bags and was checked in. Stayed at fairmont YVR overnight which is in US departures (I flew in from PHX).

I tried to grab my hard stock boarding pass at the priority check in counters by the fairmont (US departures). I had no bags. There was no line and the guy would not print out my boarding pass, said I needed to go to domestic. After I told him that I was connecting from US and stayed at fairmont , he then asked me if I had any bags and if I was priority. Told him I was in J and 75K, only after that did he print out my boarding pass. Took him 5 seconds. Lol. I personally think he just didn’t think I was priority or I belonged in J, didn’t want to help me lol!
Sometimes if people just actually treated other humans with decency... not like he had anything else to do anyways. Sounds like the agent had a little bit of internal bias... Reminds me of that one time I was at HSBC seeing a person fully bummed out in sandals and t shirt/shorts approaching the premier desk. When the teller directed him to the normal line, he pulled out his Jade card.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Bovine has a three-bound Aeroplan redemption, all in PY (some lowest, some flexible):
SFO-YYZ (confirmed eUp)

YYZ-MUC (waitlisted)

FRA-YVR-SFO (waitlisted)

YYZ-IAD-MUC opened in J (AC/LH), so he called to make a change.

The agent was adamant that any changes to any part of the booking would cancel all eUps, such as tomorrow's confirmed eUp on SFO-YYZ.

He hung up, and is going to hope that the space is still available after he gets to YYZ. But I have it on very high authority that you do not need to touch other bounds at all when making changes to bookings.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Bovine has a three-bound Aeroplan redemption, all in PY (some lowest, some flexible):
SFO-YYZ (confirmed eUp)

YYZ-MUC (waitlisted)

FRA-YVR-SFO (waitlisted)

The agent was adamant that any changes to any part of the booking would cancel all eUps, such as tomorrow's confirmed eUp on SFO-YYZ.

He hung up, and is going to hope that the space is still available after he gets to YYZ. But I have it on very high authority that you do not need to touch other bounds at all when making changes to bookings.
In October my brother is flying LHR-YYZ, and then returning YUL-LHR. His YUL-LHR return is a full lat fare which he has upgraded (thanks to the gift 35K status I gave him in 2020). Last week he needed to change the date of his outbound (LHR-YYZ) ... and I was able to do that for him with no impact to his upgraded return leg.

This is a paid ticket, not a reward .... but it's further validation of your statement that changes can be made without impact to other upgraded legs.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
SFO-YYZ (confirmed eUp)

YYZ-MUC (waitlisted)

FRA-YVR-SFO (waitlisted)

I had a similar question in the eupgrade thread a little while ago, and can confirm that it is possible to change one bound without touching the others…that being said it took me asking 3 different agents until I got the answer I wanted.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 12:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh I know it's possible, because I had to escalate an issue last year where an agent cancelled the return confirmed eUps when I had a schedule change on the outbound. And she didn't ask, she came back from a hold and said "we've got it fixed, but we had to cancel your upgrades". I ended up cancelling that trip, as well as several others, as a result. And those were paid Latitude. I received some token compensation from AC for that mess.

Regardless, he'll wait until he gets to YYZ, and all will be well. And at least at that point there's no way for them to reprice SFO-YYZ.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Here's a rare example where being told I'm wrong worked in my favour.

Original itinerary was BWI-YYZ (overnight)-YVR in J. At BWI, check-in agent offers same-day connection. I said that shouldn't be possible, as the layover for the last flight to YVR would be illegal (1:25). After a few keystrokes, she handed me the BP for the new flight and said "done".

Of course, BWI-YYZ arrived 40 minutes late, but I still made it just as zone 2 boarding was wrapping up.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:23 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Since we don't have a DYKWIA thread on here, I'd like to self-report acting like one and kind of telling a guy who works at an airport how to do his job.

At SFO this morning, they announce boarding for our YVR flight, and we stroll up as some of zone 1 pax had already got their boarding passes scanned. Dude intercepts us 20-30 feet from the podium, asking which zone we are in. Probably assumed that because we were travelling with a 4-year old, we were trying to avail ourselves of the family boarding perk after zone 2. I responded with a terse "One." It felt snappier than I had intended as it came out of my mouth, and I truly wish I'd used a softer tone. He was taken aback, saying something about not having to get mad. I wasn't mad, but I was annoyed. Maybe give me the benefit of the doubt, let me walk up, and if the boarding pass has the wrong zone, by all means, make me turn around and wait my turn.

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Lol. I personally think he just didn’t think I was priority or I belonged in J
I hadn't shaved since Friday, and not exactly a dandy dresser, so there could have been some of that. Or maybe it's an Edmonton thing. BTW, there was an gent with an SE tag at the YVR MLL who didn't necessarily look the part. I think I saw him change seats (and no, not to the other end of the lounge to get away from our little terrors angels, but two seat over) to make room for the four of us to sit together. Had a brief pleasant chat, and if he's a flyertalker, thank you for the kindness and hope that cast on your right arm comes off as soon as possible.

There was also the old lady who within a minute of us settling in asked the FA to tell "that boy", aka Bambino Jr, age 9, to pull his mask up over his nose. He did surprisingly well throughout the 2.5 hour flight, but the FA constantly reminded other passengers to wear their masks properly. Not a singe word from the FAs on our next flight, despite much worse compliance. I do wonder if that one comment set the tone, and in a way told the FA how to do her job.

Last edited by bambinomartino; Sep 7, 2022 at 1:47 am
Old Sep 18, 2022, 12:45 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I was interacting with a YYT lounge agent last week about a likely misconnect. A gentleman comes through the door and says that he has a "quick question".

He wants to guest in his entire party of 9 pax into the MLL. Agent says No. Gentleman says the he "read somewhere" that his Visa Infinite Privilege card gives him the ability to have up to 8 guests in the MLL. Agent again says No.

He's clearly not happy and pushes the point, again. Agent finally asks if they are all on the same "reservation". He says that he paid for tix but that his family members booked their own flights. So, she says No again, and says that they all have to be on the same PNR to guest in 8 pax.

He goes away unhappy.

Truly, his was incorrect. But her explanation was wrong too.

I kept my mouth shut since I clearly do not work at the airport.

(A pox on CC lounge access.)
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:20 pm

Programs: TK *G
I think there is a chance that the agent simply made up a rule to turn him away, rather than not knowing the correct rule.

Last edited by songsc; Sep 18, 2022 at 5:27 pm
Old Sep 18, 2022, 6:31 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by songsc
I think there is a chance that the agent simply made up a rule to turn him away, rather than not knowing the correct rule.
I thought that too, but subsequent dialog made me think that she was as confused as he was. But she may have created a problem for someone else in the future at another MLL.
canadiancow likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.