Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Ahh yes, the quote from the AC spokesperson... just like their standard "we value your feedback" line whenever they receive any feedback -- then dig in their heels and ignore.

"We value customer feedback of all kinds and a chance to respond… hopefully Rob Lowe -- and all of our customers -- will keep it coming"

They want feedback, and they've received a massive amount -- and a landslide after rouging mainline crossborder routes out of YVR and YYC. And what exactly have they done with that feedback? They've determined, and publicly stated a number of times, that he problem is that AC's customers are too stupid to understand the differences between mainline and Rouge. And that they need to communicate more about those differences.

What about the frequently-raised feedback that many average sized adults cannot fit in their seats without significant contorting and discomfort? Nope. All's good! In spite of all of the feedback on that point, AC has determined it's a communications and customer stupidity problem.

And what about the issue that taller adults (yet still within 'normal' height ranges) cannot fit at all in a standard Y seat on the 319 slaveships? Nope! No problem here! Feedback ignored! You silly customers just don't understand...

FlyerJ -
I'm not disagreeing with you. I just provide media quotes.

Actually, some of the best entertainment (sadly) on this forum has been the Rouge Trip Reports thread. In particular, flyquiet's adventure had me on the floor (also sadly).

BTW, AC is not the worst offender in the "Ignore your customers" department. They just happen to be the main focus of ire on this forum (and the main focus of attention by some media and some competitors.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
My final Rouge flight is this week. Thank god. (It was previously booked on mainline - far in advance - and subsequently Rouged. For a variety of unfortunate reasons, this one didn't make sense to cancel and switch carriers.)

After that, I'm done with Rouge. Never again! My knees and back will be thrilled.

I'll be sure to post a trip report here, which I'm fairly confident will not lead to any changes in the product.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:05 pm
Suspended

I'll be sure to post a trip report here, which I'm fairly confident will not lead to any changes in the product.

I look forward to reading your trip report and hopefully it will be extremely entertaining. For me.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by 24left
I look forward to reading your trip report and hopefully it will be extremely entertaining. For me.
LOL. I love the "For me" part. Literally just spat 7 up all over my keyboard!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
LOL. I love the "For me" part. Literally just spat 7 up all over my keyboard!

LOLOLOLOL

Can I offer you a travel wipe??????
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
LOLOLOLOL

Can I offer you a travel wipe??????
Rekted.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Ben Smith indicated that it was the agreement with the Pilots that kept the J seats out of the Rouge planes. With the new agreement, has this been addressed/changed?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by YEG2MM
Ben Smith indicated that it was the agreement with the Pilots that kept the J seats out of the Rouge planes. With the new agreement, has this been addressed/changed?
I'm curious to know how the type of seat in the plane affects the pilot's work condition?

Why would they not want to have a J cabin in the aircraft? It's not as if they come to see us anyways...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
I'm curious to know how the type of seat in the plane affects the pilot's work condition?

Why would they not want to have a J cabin in the aircraft? It's not as if they come to see us anyways...
Perhaps because it would allow for essentially mainline service and bypassing all mainline employees/wages. Or pilots think it fair that if AC is arguing their salaries need to take a huge cut to fly for the low-margin routes AC claimed Rouge was necessary to tackle that ACPA has the right to ensure that the revenue potential from Rouge isn't as high as mainline by limiting J.

I think it is one way of helping limit Rouge's success and AC coming back to argue for more than 50 aircraft which the pilots will need to fly at lower rates than the current J-equipped aircraft.

Then again I haven't seen the ACPA contract and therefore am not aware of its intricacies. I bet it isn't as simple as "no J" seeing that AC is still selling PR as J within North America. I highly doubt the pilots have a specific seat size limitation! I asked around but no luck yet
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I've noticed that from time to time that the Air Canada Rouge rep is online, but never posts. Perhaps they can lend their voice within this thread?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I've noticed that from time to time that the Air Canada Rouge rep is online, but never posts. Perhaps they can lend their voice within this thread?
So they can be trolled too? yikes!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
(sigh) Agreed - there's no easy way to spin AC Rouge, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
So they can be trolled too? yikes!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:24 am

My final Rouge flight is this week. Thank god. (It was previously booked on mainline - far in advance - and subsequently Rouged. For a variety of unfortunate reasons, this one didn't make sense to cancel and switch carriers.)
AC has been offering full refunds for months now on Rouged flights. You have made it crystal clear you strongly detest the product. Yet you don't cancel and re-book elsewhere? Gotcha.
Guess that means you won't be on rouge until the next time there are a variety of unfortunate reasons
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
AC has been offering full refunds for months now on Rouged flights. You have made it crystal clear you strongly detest the product. Yet you don't cancel and re-book elsewhere? Gotcha.
Guess that means you won't be on rouge until the next time there are a variety of unfortunate reasons
Maybe cancelling was not a feasible option. I would look at the cost of rebooking on another airline before cancelling.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
What exactly is your point with this post? Or any of the others where you do nothing but snipe at people or fire off rounds of sarcasm?

Thank you for predicting my future and my travel needs without ever having met me. And for, evidently, calling me a liar.

Here is my Rouge history, since you seem to require details. Although I'm sure this will simply attract more sniping and/or sarcasm.

- Rouge flight 1: Rouged. Flew it, expecting it wouldn't be as awful as I'd heard. It was worse.
- Rouge flight 2: Knowingly booked Rouge. Last minute, best flight time, and was able to get a plus seat. Thought that would make it better. It wasn't.
- Rouge flights 3 and 4: Both Rouged after initially booking mainline. After flight 2, I called AC and cancelled both for a full refund. Happily flew competitors (IIRC, I replaced those two specific trips with WS and DL)
(After then, no Rouge bookings on Rouge routes. Happily booked and flew other airlines.)
-Now, Rouge flight 5. Booked mainline. Subsequently Rouged. Keeping the flight, unfortunately, because I'm traveling with 3 others who are on the same flight. While Rouge is awful, I don't intend to demand that others change their plans. Sticking with it, and this will absolutely be the last time I set foot on one of those bone-crunching, knee-twisting, disgusting A319s.

Happy now? Have I sufficiently proved my case? Shall we all await the dripping-with-sarcasm reply?

A request: open dialogue is why this forum is so wonderful. Simply because you don't share others' opinions is no reason to take potshots at them or infer that they're liars. And do drop the sarcasm. The old adage is quite true. (If unsure, Google "sarcasm is" and see what pops up.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.