Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by tyberius
Euro biz is not comparable to AC mainline biz.

So you have A != B, B = C, C = A ....

logic fail.
Where did he say his seat was comparable to mainline J?

Row 4 = Rouge Plus = Y.

No logic fail from him.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM), BA Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), National Exec
Originally Posted by Genetk44
Maybe he meant 4C which is Rouge Plus was like mainline Economy. I agree that Premium Rouge on the A319 is in no way comparable to mainline domestic !J...not even close.
I believe he meant that Premium Rouge is like intra-Europe Euro carrier biz class - which in my experience, it is. I recently twice flew BA biz class (LHR-PRG-LHR) and comfort & seat arrangement-wise, it's very much like the Premium Rouge trip I took PHX-YYZ in early August.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by PreferJ
I believe he meant that Premium Rouge is like intra-Europe Euro carrier biz class - which in my experience, it is. I recently twice flew BA biz class (LHR-PRG-LHR) and comfort & seat arrangement-wise, it's very much like the Premium Rouge trip I took PHX-YYZ in early August.
BIG difference being - you are looking at 1/2/3 hour flights on eurobiz in Europe, rarely longer (maybe like TLV?). LHR-PRG is like what 2 hours?

AC eurobiz is used for 5-5.5 hour flights on YYZ-LAS,PHX,SAN.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Originally Posted by pkfk13
I work for a multi billion dollar telecom company based in Scandinavia - and our policy is that everyone from the CEO on down flys economy. Upgrades are on your own points or co-pay. So yes - I also wonder who exactly is flying paid J these days ! (Maybe government employees flying on our tax dollars ??).
I get paid J to China, or if the increase in cost can be justified. IE night flight, morning meeting its better to have rested, well slept employee if the increase is not crazy it can be approved.

So far the only other place I have received paid J, is one trip to South Africa, but it was about 1000 more than Y. Also doing paid J again to SA after that sale this summer (going in Jan).

What really kills us though is last minute travel, I have done same day bookings to YYZ-PHL/EWR for 1500-2000. That happens because there is an issue, and the higher ups don't question it, I'm sure they just add it to the bill they send clients.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by rankourabu
BIG difference being - you are looking at 1/2/3 hour flights on eurobiz in Europe, rarely longer (maybe like TLV?). LHR-PRG is like what 2 hours?

WAWLIS is >4 hours on TP and gets EUbiz.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AC Elite 50K

YYZ-LAS is 767 Rouge, no Eurobusiness. The rouge P on the 767 is domestic J narowbody, which I note this winter rolls out to Orlando, Cancun, and many other places.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LittleYHZ
YYZ-LAS is 767 Rouge, no Eurobusiness. The rouge P on the 767 is domestic J narowbody, which I note this winter rolls out to Orlando, Cancun, and many other places.
My bad - was thinking of YUL-LAS, which clocks in at nearly 6 hours in eurobiz.
You find that acceptable as a "premium" cabin for that length of time?

What eurobiz airline does a 6 hour flight in Europe? Even TLV/AMM-LHR are shorter.

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
WAWLIS is >4 hours on TP and gets EUbiz.
And 4<6, no?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My company's policy gives you a certain dollar amount based on historical T-7 prices for direct flights on the specific route you're looking at.

So it's not TOO difficult to get paid J by booking early or by connecting somewhere, or doing anything else that results in a lower price.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My company's policy gives you a certain dollar amount based on historical T-7 prices for direct flights on the specific route you're looking at.
Interesting policy. Where does your company get these historical T-7 prices?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:21 am

You find that acceptable as a "premium" cabin for that length of time?
YULLAS is often served by Rouge 767

How many ways can you make it clear this product doesn't align w/ your travel needs? After being told for the 30th time a product doesn't suit you or your brother, or your neighbour, When does the anti-Rouge narrative shift from your own little personal desires to the bigger picture and the world around?
16 months into service and Rouge is still filling their aircraft at an impressive clip in a competitive marketplace.
The know-betters have had most of their doom-and-gloom theories crushed by reality and are basically reduced to the notion Rouge passengers are once bitten twice shy and won't be back. The YoY S14 numbers seemed to dispell that and I'm assuming the W14 numbers will take care of the Rouge/sun/beach passenger stats soon enough.
To argue the Rouge product missed the market it serves is out of touch ... Whether they have (and will) grown too large is another real issue in my opinion.

Last edited by CloudsBelow; Oct 6, 2014 at 8:28 am
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
Really? when? At least one flight a day is a 319 over the entire winter

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.4/Diamond - Timetable/NL]
Code:
YUL  Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau/Dorval QC CA [CYUL]
LAS  Las Vegas McCarran Intl NV US [KLAS]
SAT  17 Jan 2015 - 24 Jan 2015

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
AC/##      1855    YUL   07:30     LAS   10:24     319  0   1234567     05:54       -       3   16 Dec   07 Mar
30th time eh? And youre still reading. Amazing.

Tango was doing well too in their first year

But we will agree on one thing - Rouge is here to stay. Sadly. Thats what the market seems to be ok with.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AC Elite 50K

[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.4/Diamond - Timetable/NL]
Code:
YUL  Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau/Dorval QC CA [CYUL]
LAS  Las Vegas McCarran Intl NV US [KLAS]
SAT  17 Jan 2015 - 24 Jan 2015

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
AC/##      1855    YUL   07:30     LAS   10:24     319  0   1234567     05:54       -       3   16 Dec   07 Mar
30th time eh? And youre still reading. Amazing.

But we will agree on one thing - Rouge is here to stay. Sadly. Thats what the market seems to be ok with.

But the other poster is also correct. the Original schedule basically had daily 767s on YUL->LAS all year. Instead it seems to have been redeployed to YVR->LAS - which actually makes sense in terms of maximizing aircraft use... But still there are many days between now and the end of April where YUL->LAS is 767.

From what I understand AC had an issue finding enough larger more flexible high payload narrowbodies (airbuses) to its mainline quickly enough. Which meant not enough planes to give rouge as many 319s as planned this year. Which ultimately led to schedule changes. As though under-utilized the EMBs are just not capable (range cargo) of picking up the slack. And oh they're leaving.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
There are many, many YULLAS rotations on B767r, hence the word "often". Doesn't negate your point that AC sends Eurobiz on longer missions than most. Geography might have something to do with that. No question though, LAS/SAN on A319r in Y is not something most would be eager to try out.
Originally Posted by LittleYHZ
But the other poster is also correct. the Original schedule basically had daily 767s on YUL->LAS all year. Instead it seems to have been redeployed to YVR->LAS - which actually makes sense in terms of maximizing aircraft use
And, possibly further spurred by the Vancouver-LA market - new entrants or existing passengers upset by A319r offering. Seems like a smart move on AC's part, plus "wide-body" service on a short sector without any other will distract a lot of passengers ... Might be on finals before they realize the tighter pitch
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I just did TPA-YYZ Rouge.... sure glad I didnt try to upgrade to premium rouge, its NOT EVEB E+ on UA with no middle seat.

The plane was empty and most of the plane had empty middle seats, and even then its horrific seat pitch.
AC "thin seats" have the knees of the passenger behind you, in your back because there is not a solid barrier... another AC fail.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
I recall that as well, and also recall the gleeful Air Canada PR crowing about what a glowing success "ZIP" was, too!

(I'd be thrilled with either a Tango or a ZIP aircraft rather than Rouge's LegCrusher(TM) 319. Only one more RT on Rouge for me until I am officially Rouge-free for good. My kneecaps are looking forward to it.)

Last edited by FlyerJ; Oct 6, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.