Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I find it hard to imagine that availability would be so low even in Z for SFOYYZ direct, though.
As well, you could get a true business class product going to YYZ on DL/AA via JFK.
Originally Posted by winnipegrev
Or 'true' J product on AC with the nonstop 763 they will be flying YYZ-SFO-YYZ this winter. In many ways better to what DL/AA offer by having all aisle access, still important to me anyway.
When I want a red-eye to YYZ, it has to be through YVR so that I can get a lie-flat. Even the new December schedule doesn't have the 763 as a red-eye.

However, flying back for Christmas, I will likely take the direct flight because I don't think I'll be doing a red-eye. But for daytime transcon flights, having a pod isn't as important to me.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://milepoint.com/forums/attachme...742-jpg.59231/

I will not complain about the Rouge 319 seat pitch.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by airbus320
http://milepoint.com/forums/attachme...742-jpg.59231/

I will not complain about the Rouge 319 seat pitch.
Interesting configuration - PY on the side, Y in the middle.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I have now flown Rouge and honestly I had been fretting the flight for weeks. Mrs. Superangrypenguin has been on the receiving end of a large amount of angst. Flew Rouge from YYZ to Tampa yesterday and honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The guy behind me was 6 feet (I sat in Row 4). I never felt his knees in my back (although I did have a pillow at my seat). Service was on par with mainline (and in quasi J). I even went and gave the SD (or whomever was servicing the premium rouge cabin) my card so I can let the Bens know that her service based on what I could see of those in Premium Rouge was that of mainline J. All in all, legroom wasn't an issue in row 4, and service was the same, if not better than mainline (lot of enthusiasm for sure!). Anyway, i know i'll be flamed, but my $0.02 nonetheless. A few pax actually commented they were terrified of Rouge but once they sat down they said it was OK (those other than in row 4)
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
All in all, legroom wasn't an issue in row 4, and service was the same, if not better than mainline (lot of enthusiasm for sure!).
How was the curtain placed?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Same as mainline. Just draped loosely
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I have now flown Rouge and honestly I had been fretting the flight for weeks. Mrs. Superangrypenguin has been on the receiving end of a large amount of angst. Flew Rouge from YYZ to Tampa yesterday and honestly it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. The guy behind me was 6 feet (I sat in Row 4). I never felt his knees in my back (although I did have a pillow at my seat). Service was on par with mainline (and in quasi J). I even went and gave the SD (or whomever was servicing the premium rouge cabin) my card so I can let the Bens know that her service based on what I could see of those in Premium Rouge was that of mainline J. All in all, legroom wasn't an issue in row 4, and service was the same, if not better than mainline (lot of enthusiasm for sure!). Anyway, i know i'll be flamed, but my $0.02 nonetheless. A few pax actually commented they were terrified of Rouge but once they sat down they said it was OK (those other than in row 4)
Agreed that row 4 on the 319 is comparable to mainline. My experience there was fine, although I was pillow-less and did have knees in my back. (I just convinced myself that my fellow passengers kneecaps were actually an adjustable lumbar support.)

The overall experience - in row 4 - is good. Legroom there was generous. The Rouge cabin crew that I've encountered, while clearly young and pretty 'green', have been decent -- and some quite enthusiastic. The lack of IFE hardware isn't a major deal for me, as bring-your-own-device is probably the future on AC mainline and all other carriers anyway. And the lack of true J seating up front doesn't bother me.

But I've sat in the 'real' Y seats, too - those behind row 4. That's the real issue with Rouge. (And while there may be some pax out there with happy 29" experiences, I haven't heard them.)

The 319 has 124 Y seats. Of those, only 6 seats (row 4) fit grown adults. That leaves 118 passengers with crushed legs and contorted hips and twisted backs. Row 4 ain't the problem!

Last edited by FlyerJ; Sep 9, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
Agreed that row 4 on the 319 is comparable to mainline. My experience there was fine, although I was pillow-less and did have knees in my back. (I just convinced myself that my fellow passengers kneecaps were actually an adjustable lumbar support.)

The overall experience - in row 4 - is good. Legroom there was generous. The Rouge cabin crew that I've encountered, while clearly young and pretty 'green', have been decent -- and some quite enthusiastic. The lack of IFE hardware isn't a major deal for me, as bring-your-own-device is probably the future on AC mainline and all other carriers anyway. And the lack of true J seating up front doesn't bother me.

But I've sat in the 'real' Y seats - behind row 4. That's the real issue with Rouge. (And while there may be some pax out there with happy 29" experiences, I haven't heard them.)

The 319 has 118 Y seats. Of those, only 6 seats (row 4) fit grown adults. That leaves 112 passengers with crushed legs and contorted hips and twisted backs. Row 4 ain't the problem!
+1. Sums it up well. I too have traveled Rouge - in J, row 4 and regular Y. While not happy with Y, I can put up with it for 4 hrs. Row 4 and I suspect exit rows are fine.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
OMG

You're all missing the point...3 lavs on the 737 900ER for 212 pax!!!! Where's the humanity...no Spice for this weary traveller!

Originally Posted by Ben Smith
not possible (ask Boeing)

seatguru has many errors
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:53 pm
Suspended

I did sit in an empty Y seat that wasn't in Row 4 for a while waiting for the bathroom. It was tight, but not inhumane. i still had an inch or two with my knees and i'm 6 foot tall..
Old Sep 10, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
From experience, I would opt for the AC-distributed iPad because the Player Plus app isn't available for download. When my seatmate couldn't use the AC app on his iPad because the wifi wasn't enabled yet, I was able to watch offline movies (e.g., Neighbors and Godzilla).
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
We were in the process of booking our winter vacation from YYZ to LIR (Costa Rica) which was recently added to the Rouge network.
UA J can be had on this route for just over $1000. SJO for a couple hundred less.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:18 pm

I had friends who booked AE tickets several months ago for travel this winter. Their long segments got rouged. After a phone call to AE, and a one week wait, they were given a n/s mainline flights to/from their destination.
No fuss, no change fees.^
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:11 am

Air Canada Rouge 767-300ER updated interior?

http://avidcruiser.com/livevoyagerep...l-montego-bay/

Just read the review above and I found it interesting the reviewer stated they flew on a Rouge 767-300ER and the interior looks to have pull down movie screens? or is this not a rouge aircraft?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by humidex
http://avidcruiser.com/livevoyagerep...l-montego-bay/

Just read the review above and I found it interesting the reviewer stated they flew on a Rouge 767-300ER and the interior looks to have pull down movie screens? or is this not a rouge aircraft?
It is one of the 2 763s Air Canada flew as mainline for 2 years before being transferred to Rouge. They originally came from Hawaiian. They are Rouge on the outside (old livery, with the small Rouge titles) but not yet inside... they will be getting the standard Rouge interiors with new seats (with power) and the TVs ripped out of them this Fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.