Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Arcanum
Flights operated by Air Canada rouge

NOTE: Rouge Wifi information can be found here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...l#post28448087

Dates in brackets indicate planned start of rouge service (either as a new route or replacing mainline service). ML placed before a date indicates the date that service is reverting to mainline.

All Airbus A319/A321 service is in the new Premium Rouge configuration with 2x2J seats. All other routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft in a 24J/258Y layout.

Airport codes in blue indicate that these routes are Boeing 767-300ER aircraft for all services.
Airport codes in red indicate that these routes are split between Boeing 767-300ER and Airbus services.
Airport codes in black indicate that these routes are Airbus aircraft for all services.

Routes are organized based on the established rouge bases of YYZ, YUL, YYC, and YVR

*Seasonal Summer Service

YYZ
Canada
YQT YQY YXX YLW YYG (02MAY-OCT) YDF YQB YQM (01MAY19) YFC (01JUL19)

USA
MCO TPA LAS FLL HNL SRQ RSW SAN PHX MIA PSP (14DEC16)

Mexico
CUN PVR SJD

Caribbean
KIN NAS LIR GND MBJ AZS CCC CUR HUX PUJ POP SKB SJO SXM LRM HOG SNU UVF VRA BGI (07JAN) POS (21DEC16)

Europe
ATH BCN EDI VCE MAN LIS PRG BUD GLA LGW

Central and South America
LIM BOG PTY

YUL
USA
LAS MCO FLL PBI TPA MIA

Mexico
CUN MEX PVR (18NOV16)

Caribbean
ZSA CCC HOG PUJ SNU PLS POP PAP NAS (17JAN) PTP

Europe
FCO ATH BCN NCE VCE

Central and South America
SJO (22DEC16)

Africa
CMN

YYC
Canada
YHZ* YHM (2016)

USA
LAS PHX (winter only - PHX AC Express in summer)

YVR
USA
LAS HNL OGG PHX PSP KOA SAN (02JUN)

Mexico
CUN PVR

Asia
KIX

Europe
DUB LGA KEF

What to Do If Your Flight Has Been Rouged According to the AC Rep "Air Canada Altitude": call AC Reservations, cancel and get a refund.
Print Wikipost

Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by 24left
Far be it for me to distract members from sharing views on Rouge seat pitch and other Rouge adventures, but....today's freak-out and fun comments can be found on FT main page with this story "Are international air passengers about to be subjected to 'economy minus'?"
Keep an eye on sales of KneeDefender
In the article: "The change would create a three-tiered economy class that starts with a maximum distance between seats of 38 inches (96.5cm) — and would see the smallest spaces drop to a minuscule 30 inches (76cm)[...]"

Rouge = Worst Than Economy- Airline, confirmed:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...e_A319_new.php

Edit:
I wonder if, one day, airlines will replace seats with "bus style" poles, and charge customers based on the cm3 size of their bodies.

But in all seriousness, I think that we are about to hit the lower bound for seat pitch. Which means airlines will no longer be able to increase seat count as a solution to revenue growth. Which means ticket prices will start going up in terms of 'real price'. People, ready your budgets.

Last edited by SparseFlyer; Oct 15, 2014 at 4:15 pm
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I'm thinking maybe Rouge and others have the pitch thing all wrong.

Leave seat pitch alone and just put a second layer of pax in the laps of those already in seats. I know you are laughing but imagine all the interesting videos that would appear on social media (think free advertising) and all the new "friendships". And no need to worry about dirty tray tables (can't open) or IFE that doesn't work (what IFE?) or Y pax self-upgrading.....
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:22 pm

I'm thinking maybe Rouge and others have the pitch thing all wrong.

Leave seat pitch alone and just put a second layer of pax in the laps of those already in seats. I know you are laughing but imagine all the interesting videos that would appear on social media (think free advertising) and all the new "friendships". And no need to worry about dirty tray tables (can't open) or IFE that doesn't work (what IFE?) or Y pax self-upgrading.....
Actually, I was thinking of a similar (but less drastic idea).

Have seats facing each other. The reduce pitch so that one pax's knees touches the facing seat. This way, the two pax in the facing seats are forced to interlock their knees.

Bam, you just saved 5 inches (promote me please).

You also get to remove IFE since the back side of seats are no longer used.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Actually, I was thinking of a similar (but less drastic idea).

Have seats facing each other. The reduce pitch so that one pax's knees touches the facing seat. This way, the two pax in the facing seats are forced to interlock their knees.

Bam, you just saved 5 inches (promote me please).

You also get to remove IFE since the back side of seats are no longer used.
And passenger happiness will improve, especially if the two facing each other are mutually attractive. Knees can cause many things to...umm i'll stop now.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
And passenger happiness will improve, especially if the two facing each other are mutually attractive. Knees can cause many things to...umm i'll stop now.
I have a sketch of the new configuration:
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:36 pm
Suspended

I have a sketch of the new configuration:

OMG, I need a drink!. Where's that bottle of wine from J.

This is fantastic and hilarious at the same time.

Forget face-to-face seats and knocking knees.
I'm telling you, lap seating, that's the future!!!!!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:38 pm
Suspended

WAIT!!!! And the IFE is now whoever is sitting in your lap !!!!

Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
OMG, I need a drink!. Where's that bottle of wine from J.

This is fantastic and hilarious at the same time.

Mmmm. Although the thought of a 400 pound guy on me is a bit worrisome. New model type will switch to the 777XXX configuration And in order for AC to align to other regions, they will be offering the ability to identify your fellow passenger ahead of time so both of you can grab confirmed seats. Facebook profiles will be revealed as well, so be prepare to post some summer photos, if you know what I mean
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Mmmm. Although the thought of a 400 pound guy on me is a bit worrisome. New model type will switch to the 777XXX configuration And in order for AC to align to other regions, they will be offering the ability to identify your fellow passenger ahead of time so both of you can grab confirmed seats. Facebook profiles will be revealed as well, so be prepare to post some summer photos, if you know what I mean
I can already hear the CBSA agent:
"Sir, did you log in on your own facebook for this flight?"
"Looking at your friends list, do you understand why I am concerned you might be trying to bring illegal goods in Canada?"
"Sir, your FB status shows 'Single', but your immigration form shows Married. Care to explain?"
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:49 pm

Market it as an enhancement to the service offering, and label it "Tango Honeymoon Suite".
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:49 pm
Suspended

I can already hear the CBSA agent:
"Sir, did you log in on your own facebook for this flight?"
"Looking at your friends list, do you understand why I am concerned you might be trying to bring illegal goods in Canada?"
"Sir, your FB status shows 'Single', but your immigration form shows Married. Care to explain?"
HAHAHA And can you care to explain this metallic ring that's in your carry on about the width of your finger?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Market it as an enhancement to the service offering, and label it "Tango Honeymoon Suite".
I wonder if it'll be a totally "flexible" suite where anything goes? Can we do a same day change if we find a more attractive friend online without a fee, or is that something only super elites can do?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:57 pm
Suspended

WAIT!!!! And the IFE is now whoever is sitting in your lap !!!!

AND bonus!!!!! Rouge won't have to supply iPads with old shows for IFE

Lap-seating lets you make your own new show.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:15 pm
Suspended

AND bonus!!!!! Rouge won't have to supply iPads with old shows for IFE

Lap-seating lets you make your own new show.
Somethings are not illegal, just frowned upon in the airplane.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 5:16 pm

High school humour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.