Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, *G, OW G, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Pseudo Nim View Post
I don't think you can do South America, but you can do JNB, then PER.

[edit] strange, no MPM over the Atlantic published, and yet, I've seen itins here that do it.
[edit 2] here are a few posts talking about PER/JNB. Definitely no South America
Originally Posted by allbrosca
I've seen reward flights to JNB from YYZ through GIG. Not sure if you can go on to PER though.
^^ Thanks guys
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by allbrosca

VIE-SZG OS stop 3 days

SZG-VIE OS VIE-BKK BR 23 hr layover
I don't think they'll allow you do VIE-SZG-VIE in the middle of the outbound leg. It's backtracking. Probably need to get into SZB via another city, or perhaps try getting out to BKK a different way. VIE-BKK is on BR's old config, I understand, not the Royal Laurel (though check to be sure).
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:38 am

Booking with my Aeroplan points for the first time... and was hoping to do a trip next fall.

Was able to find one routing that's valid, but I want to add an open jaw and also avoid Luthansa and their fuel surcharges, so we thought we'd add the return from Seoul to get Asiana for lower fuel surcharges. We're also leaving from Copenhagen since we have another way to get from Toronto to Europe.

Is this valid?

CPH - SIN (stop) SIN - TPE (open jaw) ICN-IST-CPH

Is there a tool to price or book this other than calling into the Aeroplan line?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ
Booking with my Aeroplan points for the first time... and was hoping to do a trip next fall.

Was able to find one routing that's valid, but I want to add an open jaw and also avoid Luthansa and their fuel surcharges, so we thought we'd add the return from Seoul to get Asiana for lower fuel surcharges. We're also leaving from Copenhagen since we have another way to get from Toronto to Europe.

Is this valid?

Is there a tool to price or book this other than calling into the Aeroplan line?
I can't tell you if it's valid or not, but I was wondering why you would do an open jaw between Taipei and Seoul. Why don't you fly TPE - ICN on Eva and stop in ICN? I guess you were going to stop there anyway since you were going to do an open jaw, no? That would save you from buying a ticket between TPE and ICN.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:57 am

Planning on doing the longer stop in Taipei, but also with a short stop in seoul. Also, TPE-CPH wasn't that great in terms of return flights.

We would have to otherwise buy a return flight to go to Seoul from TPE. This way we only need a one-way ticket.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
I don't think they'll allow you do VIE-SZG-VIE in the middle of the outbound leg. It's backtracking. Probably need to get into SZB via another city, or perhaps try getting out to BKK a different way. VIE-BKK is on BR's old config, I understand, not the Royal Laurel (though check to be sure).
Thanks. Found an easy fix. Can go SZG-IST-BKK on TK, but it will cost me a day since it's an overnight flight. I can also cut out some YQ by switching the stop in ZRH and going to WAW on LO and coming home that way too. So try for:

YYZ-WAW LO
WAW-VNO LO stop

VNO-VIE OS
VIE-SZG OS stop

SZG-IST TK
IST-BKK TK
BKK-KTM TG turnaround?

KTM-IST TK
IST-PRG TK
PRG-WAW LO
WAW-YYZ LO

Think that might work, leaving the KTM turnaround as the big question? If it doesn't, I could ditch KTM for DPS, ICN, SIN or HKT. Open to suggestions.

Thanks^
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:02 pm

Were you planning a 23 hour connection in Prague? Otherwise both LOT and Turkish fly IST WAW direct
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by crimsona
Were you planning a 23 hour connection in Prague? Otherwise both LOT and Turkish fly IST WAW direct
Yes. I can get a 22 hour connection. I can also go IST YYZ direct on AC but scam charges. Not sure about on TK.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by laurenceYYZ

Is this valid?

This is valid. You are probably looking at $300 per pax. I'd roughly say $150 airport taxes and $150 for OZ fuel surcharge. You can find out the taxes by looking up each sector on UA and YQ is the published rate.

Just be advised you could just as well go

YYZ-SIN (through CPH or other) stop
SIN-TPE (stop)
TPE-ICN (stop)
ICN-YYZ (Atlantic or Pacific)

Remember you have three stops including your destination, or two plus an open jaw works also. The point being made before was you could also just as well add the flight between TPE-ICN as a second stop instead of as an open jaw, how else will you get TPE-ICN without flying???

SQ from CPH-SIN is an awful old J class hard product, you are better off on LX (YTZ-YUL-ZRH-SIN works beautifully) or on TK.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 3:57 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by markandrew
This is valid. You are probably looking at $300 per pax. I'd roughly say $150 airport taxes and $150 for OZ fuel surcharge. You can find out the taxes by looking up each sector on UA and YQ is the published rate.

Just be advised you could just as well go

YYZ-SIN (through CPH or other) stop
SIN-TPE (stop)
TPE-ICN (stop)
ICN-YYZ (Atlantic or Pacific)

Remember you have three stops including your destination, or two plus an open jaw works also. The point being made before was you could also just as well add the flight between TPE-ICN as a second stop instead of as an open jaw, how else will you get TPE-ICN without flying???

SQ from CPH-SIN is an awful old J class hard product, you are better off on LX (YTZ-YUL-ZRH-SIN works beautifully) or on TK.
If he does it ex-YYZ, he'll be paying 125Kpp instead of 105K.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:28 pm

Could somebody be kind enough as to confirm that this itin is valid? Someone from AP is telling me that I"m exceding MPM but also refused to tel me what the MPM was because "we get a percentage, not a mileage" and wouldn't budge when I asked what the percentage was "it's what the airlines give us"

Anyways the routing is:
YZF-YYC
YYC-LHR (stop)
LHR-FRA
FRA-MXP (destination, farthest point, 5881 mi yzf - mil)
MXP-ZRH (24h stop)
ZRH-YYZ
YYZ-YYC
YYC-YZF (6632 mi)

MPM for yyc-mil is 5950, I can't find mpm for yzf-mil.

thank you
Old Oct 8, 2013, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by BMGfan
Could somebody be kind enough as to confirm that this itin is valid? Someone from AP is telling me that I"m exceding MPM but also refused to tel me what the MPM was because "we get a percentage, not a mileage" and wouldn't budge when I asked what the percentage was "it's what the airlines give us"

Anyways the routing is:
YZF-YYC
YYC-LHR (stop)
LHR-FRA
MXP-ZRH (24h stop)
ZRH-YYZ
YYZ-YYC
YYC-YZF (6632 mi)

thank you
Not surprising that small city like YZF would not have a MPM; If it does not you would need to go by published routing which I dont think would exist either; I would just try and call again and get another agent to try it;

You are *almost* taking the shortest route available; try try again!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by BMGfan

Anyways the routing is:
YZF-YYC
YYC-LHR (stop)
LHR-FRA
MXP-ZRH (24h stop)
ZRH-YYZ
YYZ-YYC
YYC-YZF (6632 mi)

thank you
YZF-YYC-LHR-FRA-MXP = 5869 by GCM
MXP-ZRH-YYZ-YYC-YZF = 6632 by GCM
YYC-MXP MPM5% or vv. TATL = 6247
Going back via YYZ may be your problem?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
Not surprising that small city like YZF would not have a MPM; If it does not you would need to go by published routing which I dont think would exist either; I would just try and call again and get another agent to try it;

You are *almost* taking the shortest route available; try try again!
Thanks I did try calling back and got it booked

Originally Posted by sp4294
YZF-YYC-LHR-FRA-MXP = 5869 by GCM
MXP-ZRH-YYZ-YYC-YZF = 6632 by GCM
YYC-MXP MPM5% or vv. TATL = 6247
Going back via YYZ may be your problem?
I came up with different numbers for milage via gcmap, not sure why. Why would the MPM be the same for YYC-MXP as YZF-MXP? I'm FORCED to go through YEG or YYC and YYC is the international hub of the two. Also the mileage for yyc-yzf is 800 miles alone! How am I supposed to comply with any MPM from here?

In future I think we'll get ourselves to Calgary then we'll have MUCH more routing flexibility...

Thanks guys
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:58 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Does anyone know what happens when there is no MPM published between the two cities, then what?
I've been told by agents that it means that the route is not permitted

In the case of Atlantic vs Pacific when one exists and not the other... ...North America - Africa in this particular case.

In the case of no MPM altogether then maybe there are other issues!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.