Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Originally Posted by d00little
Will I be charged any taxes or fees if I fly TK from NRT-IST?
No Scamcharges, just the regular taxes.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: MR Plat
Generally, how far ahead are we able to book? I can see tickets on AP's website about 356 days out, but for flights that we have to search UA/ANA for availability, the search is only for about 330 days out... Does availability already pop up before then and can we book? Or do we have to wait until we physically see availability on UA/ANA?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
It depends on the airline. Many only release seats at 330 days out.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:15 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Hi guys,

quick question. I just had a schedule change which makes it a mis connect(it is a UA-UA flight, DEN-IAD-BRU).

The problem is, I have 4 tickets booked in biz and looking at *A award availability, it is near impossible finding 4 seats in J on the same flight for that day. I routed yeg-den-iad-bru all on UA so the 4 of us can travel in J together, it was the only thing available.

Can you tell me what AE will do and what I am entitled to at this point? on that day, I can't find any availability for 4 from YEG-Europe on UA with I inventory.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hi guys,

quick question. I just had a schedule change which makes it a mis connect(it is a UA-UA flight, DEN-IAD-BRU).

The problem is, I have 4 tickets booked in biz and looking at *A award availability, it is near impossible finding 4 seats in J on the same flight for that day. I routed yeg-den-iad-bru all on UA so the 4 of us can travel in J together, it was the only thing available.

Can you tell me what AE will do and what I am entitled to at this point? on that day, I can't find any availability for 4 from YEG-Europe on UA with I inventory.
I'm gonna guess that you are ENTITLED to any available flights
e.g. UA agents (I think AP will blame it on UA) should and CAN open up revenue flight seats for you

But 4 seats is gonna need a lot of luck. Good luck!
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC E, BA Bronze, HHonors Gold
To Australia from YUL

I saw in AP's website availability to SYD in J out of ORD as follows:

ORD-ICN (OZ)
ICN-SYD (OZ)
SYD-YVR (AC)
YVR-YYZ (AC)
YYZ-ORD (AC)

I found different options out of YUL, but did not find all the segments in J, I am also interested in stopping in ICN for a day or two (I am open to suggestions for a second stop on my way to Australia in order to maximize the mini RTW).

Is it valid to arrange a couple of legs so the trip can start and end in YUL? Something like this:

YUL-ORD (AC or UA)
ORD-ICN (OZ) stop
ICN-SYD (OZ) Destination
SYD-YVR (AC)
YVR-YUL (AC)

By the way, what's the MPM YUL-SYD?
Old Oct 26, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by uni3052
I saw in AP's website availability to SYD in J out of ORD as follows:

ORD-ICN (OZ)
ICN-SYD (OZ)
SYD-YVR (AC)
YVR-YYZ (AC)
YYZ-ORD (AC)

I found different options out of YUL, but did not find all the segments in J, I am also interested in stopping in ICN for a day or two (I am open to suggestions for a second stop on my way to Australia in order to maximize the mini RTW).

Is it valid to arrange a couple of legs so the trip can start and end in YUL? Something like this:

YUL-ORD (AC or UA)
ORD-ICN (OZ) stop
ICN-SYD (OZ) Destination
SYD-YVR (AC)
YVR-YUL (AC)

By the way, what's the MPM YUL-SYD?
MPM5: 12558

YUL-ORD-ICN-SYD is valid.

If you can find seats through JFK, that would be even better as it has OZ's newest QS lie-flat seats. The current ones to ORD are angle-flat.

(Funnily enough, SYD-ICN-ORD/JFK-YYZ isn't valid.)

I can't find a trans-atlantic MPM for YUL-SYD, but there's one for YYZ-SYD which is 20000. That means you can go through SIN/BKK, then another European city back to Canada. You could do something like SYD-SIN-IST-YYZ and it would be perfectly valid. I even managed to do YYZ-YUL-MUC-DME-FRA-BKK-SYD. Would highly recommend, as you can return scamcharge free by doing something like:

SYD-SIN-IST-IAD-YUL on SQ/SQ/TK.

Last edited by tng11; Oct 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm
Old Oct 26, 2013, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by tng11
MPM5: 12558

YUL-ORD-ICN-SYD is valid.

If you can find seats through JFK, that would be even better as it has OZ's newest QS lie-flat seats. The current ones to ORD are angle-flat.

(Funnily enough, SYD-ICN-ORD/JFK-YYZ isn't valid.)

I can't find a trans-atlantic MPM for YUL-SYD, but there's one for YYZ-SYD which is 20000. That means you can go through SIN/BKK, then another European city back to Canada. You could do something like SYD-SIN-IST-YYZ and it would be perfectly valid. I even managed to do YYZ-YUL-MUC-DME-FRA-BKK-SYD. Would highly recommend, as you can return scamcharge free by doing something like:

SYD-SIN-IST-IAD-YUL on SQ/SQ/TK.
if the mpm is 20k could one do something nuts like

yyz-yul-zrh-pek-akl(stop)-syd?

could pek also be nrt, or any other asian gateway that anz uses?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lowside67
It depends on the airline. Many only release seats at 330 days out.
Where can you find out when the airlines release the seats for example Aegean Airlines, I've been told 3 months out. True?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by hearna

yyz-yul-zrh-pek-akl(stop)-syd?
I have routed a client YYZ-EWR-AMS(stop)-IST-ICN(stop)-SIN-SYD before.

Where is the 20,000 miles MPM coming from?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
I have routed a client YYZ-EWR-AMS(stop)-IST-ICN(stop)-SIN-SYD before.

Where is the 20,000 miles MPM coming from?
Looked it up on ExpertFlyer, and other posters around here have confirmed it. The TPAC MPM is much stingier at 11,598!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by tng11
Looked it up on ExpertFlyer, and other posters around here have confirmed it. The TPAC MPM is much stingier at 11,598!
ah, thanks, KVS does not have a TATL MPM on YYZ-SYD
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:00 pm

If a seat is available on ANA search tool for J, but on Aeroplan.com only showing Y will calling into Aeroplan help get the J seat?
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by flyCsG
If a seat is available on ANA search tool for J, but on Aeroplan.com only showing Y will calling into Aeroplan help get the J seat?
Ask them to direct sell it. They should be able to request the seat and get it. unless you get a clueless agent.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Ask them to direct sell it. They should be able to request the seat and get it. unless you get a clueless agent.
In case the CSR I get is simply unfriendly (which has been most of my experience), do I mention something along the lines of "it is bookable through ANA's reward system, I believe you can request for a direct sell"?

Thanks!

EDIT: Didn't even have to mention anything. CSR Chris got it for me right away.

Btw, thank you Pseudo Num for flisea.com. I used it a lot for my itinerary planning!

Last edited by flyCsG; Oct 27, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.