MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:22 pm

Chase Canada Marriott Visa cardholders check your mail - may be targeted offer of 15k bonus points when you add an Authorized User before Dec 31 (supposedly started after Nov 19)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/marri.../#post17934084
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:37 am

Added my wife as an authorized user Friday.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by wpgpoints
I got 1653 points for a $1.61 purchase:

150 pts -1st time UPS bonus
1 pt - Get more miles
500 pts - UPS get more 500 miles bonus
2 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the above three)
1000 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the 1st three above)
Whoa. That's fantastic!
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:15 pm

I guess the rep screwed up my purchase?

Only got the 2 miles for $2 purchase and 150 first purchase, no sign of the 500 bonus

EDIT: Went back and made another purchase, this time making sure they inputted both the Get More number and Aeroplan number (the clerk was about to do only the Get More number this time).

Transaction at 9:50 am, posted onto my Aeroplan account when I checked at 10:05 am

Last edited by crimsona; Dec 10, 2013 at 11:08 am
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Which location did you go to, wpgpoints? The two locations I've tried seem to have an incredibly hard time figuring out the process of punching in my Get More number... not exactly an awesome first experience with the UPS Store
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by heraclitus
Which location did you go to, wpgpoints? The two locations I've tried seem to have an incredibly hard time figuring out the process of punching in my Get More number... not exactly an awesome first experience with the UPS Store
The one in the underground shops downtown (Winnipeg Square) at Portage and Main in Winnipeg.

http://theupsstore.ca/322/
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
At the latest UPS store I visited, this seemed to be a 2 step process for them.

The Get More! card got me 10% off.
Then they asked if I also had an Aeroplan number, so I could get points.
They typed in both numbers.

Get More! and Aeroplan appears to be two different steps.

I sense that clerk is seeing many people come into make tiny purchases to get the points.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

30 bonus Air Miles: December 14

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/IssuanceMilesOffers

Dec 14, Staples:
30 bonus Air Miles on a $100 purchase.

Dec 12-24, RONA:
10x Air Miles on minimum $60 purchase.

Other offers available. Not bad.

Thanks to Rewards Canada blog for pointing these out.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I've only just got into churning recently, I'm a Canadian citizen living and working in America. Is there anything stopping me applying for a Canadian Marriott card with my Canadian SIN? (Already have the Chase Marriott card in the US)

The extra 50k points and the 15 stay credits would be pretty sweet..
Old Dec 13, 2013, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
I've only just got into churning recently, I'm a Canadian citizen living and working in America. Is there anything stopping me applying for a Canadian Marriott card with my Canadian SIN? (Already have the Chase Marriott card in the US)

The extra 50k points and the 15 stay credits would be pretty sweet..
Your SIN number should not be a factor. Do you still have at least one other active Canadian credit card, a good payment history and a Canadian address? Would a credit report show activity for creditcards or a mortgage or other loan?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jerry305
Your SIN number should not be a factor. Do you still have at least one other active Canadian credit card, a good payment history and a Canadian address? Would a credit report show activity for creditcards or a mortgage or other loan?
I currently have an active Canadian credit card, perfect payment history and an address. I have activity on my cards, and a line of credit, yes.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerry305

I currently have an active Canadian credit card, perfect payment history and an address. I have activity on my cards, and a line of credit, yes.
Sounds good to me. Those are the factors they're looking for.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:30 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by crimsona
Chase Canada Marriott Visa cardholders check your mail - may be targeted offer of 15k bonus points when you add an Authorized User before Dec 31 (supposedly started after Nov 19)

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/marri.../#post17934084
Thanks for this. I added Mr. Fink and he added me for a nice 15K for each of us. And as a side note, I don't think it's targeted as I never received the mailing and just called in and asked for it. No problem at all.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:36 pm

Did your points post immediately? at the moment I'm still at the "you should be eligible for the promotion but wait for the points to post 8 weeks after authorized user uses the card" stage
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by crimsona
Did your points post immediately? at the moment I'm still at the "you should be eligible for the promotion but wait for the points to post 8 weeks after authorized user uses the card" stage
We each have to make one purchase once we get the cards but she said the bonus would post with the first statement following the first purchase. But she confirmed the bonus. Did you do it online? Is that where you saw the 'you should be eligible for the promotion...'? I looked for a way on the Chase site but couldn't find the promo so I called in. She said the cards would arrive this week (I am also in YVR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.