MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:23 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
uhhh ... the wideroe thing is still on???? wow.

[edit] anyone who books this - can you confirm the booking class? wonder whether MR-worthy.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283
Anybody interested in going to China in spring 2014?

I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but it seems to be good from the beginning of February up until mid-May.

I searched for flights between Vancouver (YVR) and Beijin (PEK) and found them at $449.27, but it's not limited to Beijin. For example, going to Shanghai is only $399.69. Those are in economy and on Air China. Also, that's in US dollars, but it's more or less the same as Canadian dollars these days.[/COLOR]

I'm getting similar pricing on Air Canada. Prices for flights to China fluctuate a lot; I flew AC from YWG to PEK in October for $950 all in. I'm seeing similar prices here now.

Departing from cities other than YVR is only a small amount higher.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

[edit] anyone who books this - can you confirm the booking class? wonder whether MR-worthy.
credits 25% to ap... no
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:46 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

If you get to the booking page, you can actually see the booking class. Hope that helps.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: marriott,spg gold,aa,alaska
Just booked and ticketed YVR-KMG $399 ,booked into U class on Air China, 50% mileage on AC, UA ,A3
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by kiwimagic
Just booked and ticketed YVR-KMG $399 ,booked into U class on Air China, 50% mileage on AC, UA ,A3
Don't forget about the visa!
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by methodman
I'm getting similar pricing on Air Canada. Prices for flights to China fluctuate a lot; I flew AC from YWG to PEK in October for $950 all in. I'm seeing similar prices here now.

Departing from cities other than YVR is only a small amount higher.
How is $950 similar to $400? Also you get no miles on Air Canada?
You must be able to get an award ticket for less than $500 from YWG? or a sale?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
How is $950 similar to $400? Also you get no miles on Air Canada?
You must be able to get an award ticket for less than $500 from YWG? or a sale?
My bad.

When the original post was made, I tried to search for the original deal myself on wideroe. What I saw the $400-ish price, but it was for one-way flights, not round trip. And of course, AC had a comparable price. So I didn't see what the big deal was.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
650 Aeroplan miles for first UPS Store purchase

http://www3.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...er=TheUPSStore

Get 150 Aeroplan miles with first purchase at UPS Store.
Also, you get 500 additional miles if you earn the miles with a Get More! small business card. There's no requirement for the small business card.
Limited time promo on now: Triple Aeroplan miles triples your bonus to 1,650 miles

So, you can get 1,650+ Aeroplan miles for the first purchase.

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
For me, with 7 AP accounts to tend to, I went to the UPS store on 5 different trips, different locations. Each store I went to had different stock and different prices for the exact same items as displayed in other stores. Eventually, I got tired of looking for things that were just over a $1. So, one time I just grabbed a 75c eraser and asked the clerk to ring it up as $1+. No problem-oh.

Last edited by jerry305; Dec 15, 2013 at 12:01 pm Reason: Miles are tripled. Thanks, wpgpoints.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by jerry305
http://www3.aeroplan.com/earn_miles/...er=TheUPSStore

Get 150 Aeroplan miles with first purchase at UPS Store.
Also, you get 500 additional miles if you earn the miles with a Get More! small business card. There's no requirement for the small business card.

So, you can get 650 Aeroplan miles for the first purchase.

Promo on now: Triple Aeroplan miles

Umm, so are you bringing up the UPS promo again, side by side with the emphasis on the Triple Aero promo event?

So, on a $1+ first purchase, would you get 3x651=1953 point?

Or 650+(3x1)= 653 points?

Too late for me anyway, I've fufilled this promo for all my family's accounts already.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Umm, so are you bringing up the UPS promo again, side by side with the emphasis on the Triple Aero promo event?

So, on a $1+ first purchase, would you get 3x651=1953 point?

Or 650+(3x1)= 653 points?

Too late for me anyway, I've fufilled this promo for all my family's accounts already.

Good point. The 500 points actually is tripled to 1500 points during this promo. So you can earn 1653 points on a $1 spend. Glad to see you've made the most of this promo. ^

Last edited by jerry305; Dec 15, 2013 at 11:59 am Reason: Deleted: "[COLOR="Silver"] There's no tripling of the 650 bonus. It's still an easy 650 Aeroplan miles" Thanks, wpgpoints.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by methodman
My bad.

When the original post was made, I tried to search for the original deal myself on wideroe. What I saw the $400-ish price, but it was for one-way flights, not round trip. And of course, AC had a comparable price. So I didn't see what the big deal was.
The Wideroe deal is not a big deal, even for $400 roundtrip, in terms of miles. The Air China class is 50% accrual so it's basically paying for $800 on Air Canada which will give 100% accrual, for most mileage programs like MP and AP. Not to mention the elite bonus that can give up to another 100% on bonus RDM. 200% RDM miles vs 50% RDM miles is a no brainer for me.

Given that flying to China has been very cheap lately ($500-700) on both AC and UA, I would say the value proposition is even weaker.

This deal is only good for casual fliers who are just looking for a ticket that's about $100-200 off the normal price. For frequent fliers and those concerned about miles, there's very little value. The JFK-MXP deal was much better.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: *void
Good point. There's no tripling of the 650 bonus. It's still an easy 650 Aeroplan miles (one time), so I thought it was worth pointing out. Glad to see you've made the most of this promo. ^
True. Very easy.

And if anyone is chasing Distinction status and is slightly short, these are 650+ dEligible Aero points!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:00 am

Good point. There's no tripling of the 650 bonus. It's still an easy 650 Aeroplan miles (one time), so I thought it was worth pointing out. Glad to see you've made the most of this promo. ^
I got 1653 points for a $1.61 purchase:

150 pts -1st time UPS bonus
1 pt - Get more miles
500 pts - UPS get more 500 miles bonus
2 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the above three)
1000 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the 1st three above)
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by wpgpoints
I got 1653 points for a $1.61 purchase:

150 pts -1st time UPS bonus
1 pt - Get more miles
500 pts - UPS get more 500 miles bonus
2 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the above three)
1000 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the 1st three above)
Nice!

Time to open some more accounts. Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.