MilesBuzz: Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
CANADIAN REFERENCE ON FLYERTALK
Canadian Credit Card Master List - Curated for Best Offer A complete listing of all the major credit cards in Canada along with their sign-up bonus, annual fee, CPM, and other pertinent information.

AMEX recent discussion American Express Canada application and reward strategies (2018)Which credit card should I get?Cards with good bonusesList of Credit Cards with Great Welcome bonuses (RFD version)
BLOGS
Canadian KilometersPointsNerdRewards CanadaDon't Call the Airline!PointshoggerCanadian Travel Hacking
CONFERENCE
PointsU conference (2018 & 2019 website)
Print Wikipost

MilesBuzz: Canada

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:26 pm

I actually applied for an authorized user about a week before learning about the targeted letter.

Applied Nov 26 or so
Got the mailing Dec 2 or so
Received the AU card Dec 7 or so

First rep wouldn't budge at all saying it was for people with AUs
Second rep said I should be OK as the promo started Nov 19 and ends Dec 31
Third rep thinks in her opinion I should get the bonus as the postcards were mailed out on November 18 (at least the timing is right!) and that I applied for an AU in that timeframe, even if just by luck.

I had the AU charge something and the charge posted before the statement closed on Dec 11, so just waiting for the bonus points to post. I hope. At the very least I have the actual postcard so I have better backup to say I'm 100% targeted/eligible for the bonus.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by crimsona
I actually applied for an authorized user about a week before learning about the targeted letter.

Applied Nov 26 or so
Got the mailing Dec 2 or so
Received the AU card Dec 7 or so

First rep wouldn't budge at all saying it was for people with AUs
Second rep said I should be OK as the promo started Nov 19 and ends Dec 31
Third rep thinks in her opinion I should get the bonus as the postcards were mailed out on November 18 (at least the timing is right!) and that I applied for an AU in that timeframe, even if just by luck.

I had the AU charge something and the charge posted before the statement closed on Dec 11, so just waiting for the bonus points to post. I hope. At the very least I have the actual postcard so I have better backup to say I'm 100% targeted/eligible for the bonus.
I can't see why you wouldn't get it. They didn't hesitate when I phoned in and I never received the mailing at all. Keep us posted if/when your bonus appears.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
UPS Store: 1650 points until December 24

wpgpoints pointed out earlier that the triple bonus promo really did apply to the 500 points (until December 24). Great find!
The triple points bonus promo is over. You can still get 650 points, though.

If you haven't yet done this promo, here are the steps...

Step 1. Go get a Get More! small business card from The UPS Store. Print out the temporary card with your 9-digit number.

Step 2. Visit a UPS Store in Canada. Buy some kind of office supply in-store, or make some copies instore. Spend at least $1.

Step 3. Present your Get More! discount card. Also recommended: ask to give your Aeroplan number. There are have been differing accounts as to whether the clerk has to enter this number manually.

Step 4. You will get 150 Aeroplan miles with first purchase at UPS Store, plus 500 miles for your purchase with the Get More! card. You'll see these miles probably within a day.

Also, these Aeroplan miles are Distinction-eligible.

Originally Posted by wpgpoints
I got 1653 points for a $1.61 purchase:

150 pts -1st time UPS bonus
1 pt - Get more miles
500 pts - UPS get more 500 miles bonus
2 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the above three)
1000 pts - UPS GET MORE TRIPLE MILE BONUS (posted 4 days later than the 1st three above)

Last edited by jerry305; Dec 28, 2013 at 1:20 pm Reason: To add that Aeroplan miles are Distinction-eligible; triple bonus is now over.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:56 pm
alc

Originally Posted by jerry305

Step 1. Go get a Get More! small business card from The UPS Store. Print out the temporary card with your 9-digit number.

Step 2. Visit a UPS Store in Canada. Buy some kind of office supply (or send a package, or make some copies instore). Spend at least $1.

Step 3. Present your Get More! discount card. Also recommended: ask to give your Aeroplan number. There are have been differing accounts as to whether the clerk has to enter this number manually.

Step 4. You will get 150 Aeroplan miles with first purchase at UPS Store, plus 500 miles for your purchase with the Get More! card. You'll see these miles probably within a day. About a week later, you'll see the 1000 more miles, representing a tripling of the 500 miles bonus. So on a $2 spend, you will see 1,656 Aeroplan miles.
Thanks jerry305 for posting on the AC Forums about this UPS promo. So I just signed up the Get More! Small Business Card for my wife and myself and will follow your above steps to go to a UPS store tomorrow.

My questions to those who did this for your family as well, did you even apply one for your child/children? I admit that I do have account created for my daughter for a number of programs, but this one does make me wonder if I should go ahead as well. Mainly because it does state "Small Business" in it. All the others programs "technically speaking" can be owned by a 6yr old.. but definitely not Small Business IMO.

Please let me know what your thoughts.

Thanks.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alc
Quote:

Step 2. Visit a UPS Store in Canada. Buy some kind of office supply (or send a package, or make some copies instore). Spend at least $1.

Step 4. You will get 150 Aeroplan miles with first purchase at UPS Store, plus 500 miles for your purchase with the Get More! card. You'll see these miles probably within a day. About a week later, you'll see the 1000 more miles, representing a tripling of the 500 miles bonus. So on a $2 spend, you will see 1,656 Aeroplan miles.

Thanks jerry305 for posting on the AC Forums about this UPS promo. So I just signed up the Get More! Small Business Card for my wife and myself and will follow your above steps to go to a UPS store tomorrow.

My questions to those who did this for your family as well, did you even apply one for your child/children? I admit that I do have account created for my daughter for a number of programs, but this one does make me wonder if I should go ahead as well. Mainly because it does state "Small Business" in it. All the others programs "technically speaking" can be owned by a 6yr old.. but definitely not Small Business IMO.

Please let me know what your thoughts.

Thanks.
Fair point.

There's no burden of proof for what is or is not a small business. Many people have some kind of activity that they do to try to generate income. So I legitimately have a small business. I'm compliant with the T&C if it ever came to that.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:22 am

signup points for ups posted on Dec tenth, the day I went to get it fixed

triple points posted on the fifteenth, including the 500

some of the easiest 1650 ever!

I think signing up for kids shouldn't be a problem...at no point did they ask for ID, or even the original Aeroplan card, I just gave them the number
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:41 am
alc

Originally Posted by alc
so, just walk out from the UPS store and purchase 2 packages of 20-long-envelopes each at $1.89 (didn't want to buy 4 pens for $0.25 each)

I told the guy at the store exactly why I am here and he told me he actually just got an email about this from UPS this morning. When he entered the info in his system, it indicate his screen show I will be getting 1650 bonus per account.

I know I spend a little too much for the $1 spend that I need and even so close to the $2 mark, but I figure I actually need to get some envelop anyway.. so, it is not completely a waste.

Thanks again to all the people getting this info on FlyerTalk.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by alc
so, just walk out from the UPS store and purchase 2 packages of 20-long-envelopes each at $1.89 (didn't want to buy 4 pens for $0.25 each)

I told the guy at the store exactly why I am here and he told me he actually just got an email about this from UPS this morning. When he entered the info in his system, it indicate his screen show I will be getting 1650 bonus per account.

I know I spend a little too much for the $1 spend that I need and even so close to the $2 mark, but I figure I actually need to get some envelop anyway.. so, it is not completely a waste.

Thanks again to all the people getting this info on FlyerTalk.
How I wish there was a UPS store nearby!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 4:54 pm
alc

Wow I got the 1, 150, & 500 miles posted already, less than 12 hours. Jerry305 said within a day, but didn't realized it is that quick.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

1,650 Aeroplan miles: UPS Store Get More! card

Deleted
Old Dec 16, 2013, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

800 Aeroplan miles for $10.98 of body spray

800 Aeroplan miles for $10.98 of body spray
Western Canada only
Eastern Canada: Air Miles offer applies instead

Originally Posted by newfbc
West only - Rexall has a great deal - buy 2 Adidas or Playboy body wash or spray for $5.49ea, get 800 Aeroplan Miles!

For the East people - they have the same deal, but give 80 Air Miles.

Ron.
Original post here:
Lots of Aeroplan Miles and smell great! (Rexall Canada)
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Alaska Airlines

I finally got this but it took visits to 3 UPS stores. At the first one, 2 days ago, the girl at the store insisted they don't take the get more card anymore. She said I could come back the next day and talk to the manager but she couldn't do anything. The "get more" signs were not posted - noticed this after visiting the other stores. (Montreal Rd near St Laurent)

At the 2nd store, yesterday, the guy at the counter didn't know how to enter it so I had to wait 5-10 minutes for the manager to deal with a shipping issue - then the manager told me this doesn't apply to retail purchases and told me to go to another store if I didn't like it. Nice attitude. (Bank St near Nepean)

At this point there was only one more store in the area I was driving through...so I went there and it went through without any hassle. I bought a roll of packing tape for $4 since I wanted to at least get something I'd eventually use. (Rideau St near Nelson)

Major PITA but at least it finally worked. The initial miles showed in my account last night.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
My first attempt was similar to tryinginvain's. I encountered a surprisingly clued out/surly collection of employees and disorganized stores... if I have time I would go back to try again, but these experiences would generally make me steer clear of UPS Stores.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:13 pm

Milesbuzz: Canada

Thanks all for the UPS AE find! Went to my local UPS store in YXU and bought 1 envelope at 1.29 (did need it actually). Had my UPS card to give to the gal. She was confused at first, thinking u was asking for a discount, but I had to explain to her I just wanted the transaction counted towards a purchase for UPS and AE points.

Took a moment of discussion, but she realized my plan, and went through with the transaction.

Next day, got 1 AE point for the purchase, 150 points for a 'first time UPS purchase', and 500 points for the 'get more miles bonus'.

We'll see what happens next week if the rest of them come.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:11 am

A share of 5,000,000 Aeroplan miles

December 20 to 22, 2013 only

http://www.aircanada.com/en/offers/a...ml#YYC-OFFER12
Earn your share of 5,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan® Miles
Use promotion code: MILESHARE

Earn your share of 5,000,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles when you use the promotion code MILESHARE.Your exact share of the pot of miles will depend on the total number of bookings made with the promotion code.

About this offer:
Valid for all new bookings made on aircanada.com between December 20 and 22, 2013, inclusively
For travel until April 30, 2014 on Air Canada and Air Canada rouge worldwide.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.