Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:29 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I can confirm that "Classic Resort Suite" is an amb only room that is not bookable by normal means.

However, if you opt for a paid addition of club access (which i recommend), you will be further upgraded to duplex suite at the club wing.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 10:56 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jedicat666
I can confirm that "Classic Resort Suite" is an amb only room that is not bookable by normal means.

However, if you opt for a paid addition of club access (which i recommend), you will be further upgraded to duplex suite at the club wing.
So, club access aside, and considering the fact that Singaraja Duplex and Club Duplex are exactly the same, would you consider a Duplex or the Classic Resort Suite the better room?

I'm asking because I remember that the Ambassador upgrade would go from Singaraja Duplex to Classic Resort Suite.

HTB.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 3:56 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by htb
So, club access aside, and considering the fact that Singaraja Duplex and Club Duplex are exactly the same, would you consider a Duplex or the Classic Resort Suite the better room?

I'm asking because I remember that the Ambassador upgrade would go from Singaraja Duplex to Classic Resort Suite.

HTB.

My last info from 2 stays this year is that Ambassador upgrade from Singaraja Duplex is Club Room (last stay was Christmas week).

BR FC
Old Jan 2, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fairchecker
My last info from 2 stays this year is that Ambassador upgrade from Singaraja Duplex is Club Room (last stay was Christmas week).

BR FC
That is correct. HTB as I mentioned, they switched things around from a few years ago and now seem to be upgrading from Singaraja Room to Classic Suite first then to Singaraja Duplex and then to Club Room. I did get upgrades from Singaraja Duplex to Club on my last two stays. When I initially booked a Singaraja room I was assigned a Classic Suite and reservations confirmed that this is the current practice.

To me, if one values space then a Classic Suite is bigger and nicer laid out. Also anyone who doesn't like to take stairs should not get a Duplex. In my experience depending on air con strength the Duplex can also get warm as they are on the 4th floor under the roof. Preferences differ.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:11 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
It's up to your preference. I don't like duplex rooms very much because 1 floor is going to be underutilized but I took it for the experience (I actually would have preferred the 1 level suite but they upgraded me and when I asked why they said "we cannot assign you that room if you have club privellages"). The next day I informed the club manager that I didn't like the room and negotiated a good paid deal for upgrade to ulu watu suite.

On a side note, club access comes with a room in the CLUB WING, which is where the private club pool is located and also direct beach access & spa villa access. (No need buggy)

Option#1---King Singaraja -> Classic Resort Suite
Option#2---Duplex Singaraja -> Club Room

I would assume that option #2 comes with free club but a smaller room, I love this actually. Although I did pay 60usd for club access.

So in theory, if the cost difference of king Singaraja and duplex Singaraja is less than "$insert your offer of club addon here$" only then its worth going for option #2. Else, it will be cheaper to just go with Option #1 and add-on club with the possibility of requesting a downgrade to club room ^

Last edited by jedicat666; Jan 2, 2016 at 10:18 am
Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You will get an upgrade from Singaraja Duplex to Club room as AMB. For RA, it should be to Club Duplex, but can be a hit and miss at times. Sometimes you may get offered the same 1-level AMB upgrade only and need too argue a bit, but other times you may actually get 3 or 4-level upgrade to a nice suite (Uluwatu, Jimbaran, even Bukit). YMMV
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:23 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Uluwatu Suite

InterContinental Bali Resort

Map| 2 Reviews | 50% Recommended

Jalan Uluwatu 45 Jimbaran, ID 80361

Uluwatu Suite (7 Photos)

The Intercontinental Bali Resort is known by many. Renowned for their impeccable service and well maintained property, I decided to stay here for 2 nights during my September 2015 Bali trip. I Stayed in both the Club Duplex Suite, and the Ulu Watu Suite.

Check In

As I didn't like the duplex room, I asked the club manager and was offered a good paid upgrade deal to Uluwatu Suite. There are 4 suites in this property ranging from small to big :

-Balinese Suite
-Uluwatu Suite
-Jimbaran Suite
-Bukit Suite

Room

Ulu, meaning ‘lands end’, and watu, meaning ‘rock’. Uluwatu is a word you will hear often in Bali. It refers to a very scenic area that is the 4th most popular surfing destination in the world. I had the privilege of staying in the Uluwatu Suite at the Intercontinental Bali Resort, during my most recent visit. I also stayed in aClub Duplex Suitein this property.

Chocolates Pralines - Club Gift. Ambassador gift is a IC Baliwooden hand fan.

Upon entering the room, a very large living space greets you. This consists of a big desk, a sofa area with coffee table and a dining table. There are also 2 balcony openings. The Balinese design of the rooms are consistent, and even more profound in the Uluwatu Suite.

The spacious living room of the Uluwatu Suite.

The bedroom is equipped with a king size bed, TV and a mini sofa set. The bathroom can be found connected to the bedroom. The bathroom looked exactly the same to the one in theClub Duplex Suite.

Balinese paintings were abundant throughout the suite. Although I thought that parts of the room felt a little “empty”. A shelf or wall decorations might have helped in this area.

From the balcony, one can gaze upon the sea view of the Jimbaran Beach. Since the suite was located in the club wing, the private club pool was located just downstairs.

Bathroom

The bathroom, located next to the bedroom was elegant with a decent-sized tub.The upgraded amneties for club guests included Harnn, which is not very common across Intercontinentals. They even had a Listerine mouthwash, amongst other amenities.

Overall

The Uluwatu Suite was actually amazing for the in-room breakfast that was providedfree for guests withclub benefit. The room blended luxury and balinese designs flawlessly. So far this is the only property that gave me a very homey feeling in Bali. A home away from home.

INTERCONTINENTAL BALI RESORT Jalan Uluwatu 45, Jimbaran 80361, Indonesia
Reservations by Phone: +62 361 701 888
Reservations email: [email protected]

About Me

I'm Aamir, A luxury traveler and travel hacking enthusiast. I actively blog atCheck My Hacks

Uluwatu Suite

Would you like to write a review on the InterContinental Bali Resort?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I'm not an IHG person and I've never been to Bali so forgive me if this question is stupid.

Right now I have a room booked at the GH Bali with as a Diamond with a DSU applied (so full club lounge access) at $175++/night (refundable rate). It seems that I could get a basic Club room at the IHG for $209++/night (non-refundable rate) for the same 5 day period but we are close enough to the travel dates (within 6 weeks) that I'm comfortable booking non-refundable.

Can't find many threads (if any comparing the two) - should I jump on the IHG rate or are the two resorts roughly the same?

I have no status so safe to say I would probably be in the base Club Room.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:31 pm

Okay as a Hyatt Diamond your treatment will certainly be better at the GH than as nobody at the IC, but the Club at the IC is very nice.

As a property, personally, I think the IC is well ahead of the GH. The GH could be in any warm, sunny place and is not very Balinese. It is very big, but I found it quite soulless and didn't like the beach much. Also location wise I prefer Jimbaran over Nusa Dua any day.

YMMV, but consider signing up for IHG Ambassador (the kit and free weekend night certificate likely won't arrive in time for your trip) getting a guaranteed one category upgrade. If you can spend the $$$ get a Club Duplex and Ambassador status and you should get a higher level suite, e.g. Balinese Suite or even better like Uluwatu or so.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
I'm not an IHG person and I've never been to Bali so forgive me if this question is stupid.

Right now I have a room booked at the GH Bali with as a Diamond with a DSU applied (so full club lounge access) at $175++/night (refundable rate). It seems that I could get a basic Club room at the IHG for $209++/night (non-refundable rate) for the same 5 day period but we are close enough to the travel dates (within 6 weeks) that I'm comfortable booking non-refundable.

Can't find many threads (if any comparing the two) - should I jump on the IHG rate or are the two resorts roughly the same?

I have no status so safe to say I would probably be in the base Club Room.
I actually did the IC and the GH back to back on a points splurge a few months ago. There is no comparison imo. The IC is miles ahead. The property itself is much better, as is the location, and the GH was full of tour groups (as was most of Nusa Dua).
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Okay as a Hyatt Diamond your treatment will certainly be better at the GH than as nobody at the IC, but the Club at the IC is very nice.

As a property, personally, I think the IC is well ahead of the GH. The GH could be in any warm, sunny place and is not very Balinese. It is very big, but I found it quite soulless and didn't like the beach much. Also location wise I prefer Jimbaran over Nusa Dua any day.

YMMV, but consider signing up for IHG Ambassador (the kit and free weekend night certificate likely won't arrive in time for your trip) getting a guaranteed one category upgrade. If you can spend the $$$ get a Club Duplex and Ambassador status and you should get a higher level suite, e.g. Balinese Suite or even better like Uluwatu or so.
Hmmm interesting - I didn't realize Ambassador was a thing that you could sign up / pay for. By that same theory based on this thread I could potentially get the slightly cheaper Singaraja Duplex ($200++) and would get upgraded to the club?

Splurging for the Club Duplex is probably out of the budget for this trip so unfortunately not an option to leverage a Club Room into a higher level suite.

Originally Posted by phol
I actually did the IC and the GH back to back on a points splurge a few months ago. There is no comparison imo. The IC is miles ahead. The property itself is much better, as is the location, and the GH was full of tour groups (as was most of Nusa Dua).
Good to know - I just stumbled upon the IC Bali almost accidentally so didn't even realize it was an option. Sounds like making this swap might be the way to go - especially since Hyatt isn't offering any promos to make up for things on the points side.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:43 am

Hmmm interesting - I didn't realize Ambassador was a thing that you could sign up / pay for. By that same theory based on this thread I could potentially get the slightly cheaper Singaraja Duplex ($200++) and would get upgraded to the club?
Yes that will work. Book Singaraja Duplex and get Club room on a paid stay as Ambassador. Also you can book a rate that does not include breakfast as Club privileges allow you to get breakfast at the Club, the restaurants or order room service breakfast to your liking (free of charge - just the coffee gets a bit cold).

As mentioned, I have stayed at both properties (the GH was on free nights) and there is no doubt that the IC Bali is far superior as a property as well as from a location & beach quality point of view. Even the F&B offering I like better at the IC. The IC is a very nice place overall and service is generally quite good (small hiccups aside). I'm pretty confident you won't regret the decision to stay at the IC except for the lack of an equivalent to your confirmed Hyatt DSU.

Last edited by demue; Feb 15, 2016 at 1:51 am
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Yes that will work. Book Singaraja Duplex and get Club room on a paid stay as Ambassador. Also you can book a rate that does not include breakfast as Club privileges allow you to get breakfast at the Club, the restaurants or order room service breakfast to your liking (free of charge - just the coffee gets a bit cold).

As mentioned, I have stayed at both properties (the GH was on free nights) and there is no doubt that the IC Bali is far superior as a property as well as from a location & beach quality point of view. Even the F&B offering I like better at the IC. The IC is a very nice place overall and service is generally quite good (small hiccups aside). I'm pretty confident you won't regret the decision to stay at the IC except for the lack of an equivalent to your confirmed Hyatt DSU.
Okay I'm sold - I'm going to make the switch. Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Grabbed Ambassador and went with the Club Room for $209++USD. Looking forward to it - many thanks!

Last edited by Duke787; Feb 15, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:40 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Okay I'm sold - I'm going to make the switch. Thanks for the advice!

EDIT: Grabbed Ambassador and went with the Club Room for $209++USD. Looking forward to it - many thanks!
Good choice ! I think you will love the club benefits. Be sure to catch an early good seat at the sunset bar for cocktail hour with a killer view
Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:48 am

That is very decent rate for a Club room even considering that 21% get added in the end. You will get a Club Duplex assigned then for hour stay. Nice though the bedroom / bathroom area is a bit smaller due to being up the stairs under the roof. You will have a sizeable living room area though. Enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.