Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Susiew237
what time is the afternoon tea held?
And what time are evening drinks and canapés?
Afternoon tea is 14 - 16 h and happy hour 16.30 to 19.30 h.
See
http://bali.intercontinental.com/club-lounge
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Great, thanks for that.
s
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Afternoon tea is 14 - 16 h and happy hour 16.30 to 19.30 h.
See
http://bali.intercontinental.com/club-lounge
Thanks for the info, I was off a little.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:11 am

We're having an absolutely fantastic stay at the resort.
The hotel is fully booked, but club areas are serene as usual. We were upgraded to a club duplex from a club room.

- Wonderful atmosphere at the club lounge (this time even without "noisy" guests)
- Faultless service (the issues we had last time (extremly slow service) are gone)
- Pro-active pre-arrival contact by the hotel (per email) asking for flight details and special requests
- Good happy hour at the club lounge with a nice tasting platter but a rather lacking buffet (some questionable items - sometimes cheapest cheese and lunch meat - doesn't fit to the high quality of everything else)
- Great cocktails, interesting wines (a French red and white would be nice, though)
- Rooms will need some kind of renovation in the next five years
- I wouldn't want to stay at the non-club area
- Jimbaran is great: Broad beach and sea with good waves

For the next short stay, we secured an upgrade on a reward night to a club room with benefits for 60 USD all in. Excellent deal, considering airport transfers start at 22++ USD one-way.

Hotel and beach are great as ever. Before booking this stay, I have been looking around for alternative hotels in Bali that fit our requirements and budget, but eventually came back to the IC.

Not a cheap hotel (400 USD/night) we will return but at this price range weigh all alternatives, too.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:20 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for another data point on the current offer cost of 60$ for an upgrade to a club room. However, when you say all in you don't mean including the 21% tax + service charge combo right? I would expect 60$ ++ so just want to confirm your experience.

Either way, still a far cry from the quite hefty 120$ that were asked in the past. I'll go ahead and drop a note to the club lounge manager to see if this can be arranged for one of the rooms we booked on points later this year.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Thanks for another data point on the current offer cost of 60$ for an upgrade to a club room. However, when you say all in you don't mean including the 21% tax + service charge combo right? I would expect 60$ ++ so just want to confirm your experience.

Either way, still a far cry from the quite hefty 120$ that were asked in the past. I'll go ahead and drop a note to the club lounge manager to see if this can be arranged for one of the rooms we booked on points later this year.
You are right and not to forget that the US$60 plus the Tax plus their own special conversion rate to the Rupiah!
Old Aug 15, 2015, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
You are right and not to forget that the US$60 plus the Tax plus their own special conversion rate to the Rupiah!
The slip I signed was 60 USD in total (no tax added), but I didn't bother to look at the invoice at checkout, though.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:24 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Ill be in bali from Aug 31st to Sept 4th, staying at the IC on 1st and 3rd. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up
Old Aug 18, 2015, 6:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
My upgrade from reward night to club duplex was $140 ++
Currently at the resort which continues to be superb. The staff are taking a firm but subtle line with non club guest using club facilities and have seen several people being asked to leave the pool.
Being able to enjoy cocktails at the beach and pool as well as club lounge is a boon.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We'll be there again next year. But this time I am going to book the cheapest club access room which I think is US$328 and let them upgrade us to whatever.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:30 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
We'll be there again next year. But this time I am going to book the cheapest club access room which I think is US$328 and let them upgrade us to whatever.
you might get a "Resort Classic Suite", an unbookable room that i suspect is meant for ambs/plats.

I received this upgrade by booking the King Singaraja Room, did not receive club access though the rate offered to add it on was decent at 60usd +21% tax.

EDIT : hmmm this is wierd, i checked my app and it no longer says Resort Classic Suite like it used to, it says "King Club Intercontinental Room" now, very strange.

Last edited by jedicat666; Aug 19, 2015 at 5:43 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by jedicat666
you might get a "Resort Classic Suite", an unbookable room that i suspect is meant for ambs/plats.

I received this upgrade by booking the King Singaraja Room, did not receive club access though the rate offered to add it on was decent at 60usd +21% tax.

EDIT : hmmm this is wierd, i checked my app and it no longer says Resort Classic Suite like it used to, it says "King Club Intercontinental Room" now, very strange.
AMBs get a club duplex when booking a club room - this has been confirmed several times here on FT and in writing by the hotel (as of Aug 18, 2015). Alternatively, the hotel offers to lower the room rate and you get to keep the club room.

When you book a Singaraja room, you will get a Singaraja duplex and a club room with club access for 60 USD.

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Aug 19, 2015 at 5:58 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 9:53 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
When you book a Singaraja room, you will get a Singaraja duplex and a club room with club access for 60 USD.
screenshot of my email confirmed my upgrade from Singaraja room to resort classic suite :

Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:05 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Have just returned from a trip here. My husband is an Ambassador now (having dropped off RA status - boo hoo). We booked a club room and were upgraded to a duplex suite. Having booked club, you get picked up from the airport and taken back.

Had a fabulous stay here. The grounds are immaculate. The staff are outstandingly friendly. I thought the restaurants were a reasonable price for a 5 star resort and the spa was great and also very well priced for what it is. Loved the evening drinks from 4.30to 7.30. You have the option of having drinks in 3 places, ie, club lounge, sunset bar or by the pool. Canapes however were only available in the club lounge. And it really is just some light snacks and cheeses with a small tasting platter.

I would definitely return here if going back to Bali.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Sounds like you had a great time Susiew - mirrors my recent visit back a short while ago.

I recall that there were banana fritters and some dips there in a cart close to the bar when I was there. Still not too substantial, but a relief from the crisps and nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.