Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 2:02 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
So the consensus from those who have not actually stayed here is either this place is amazing or terrible

Look forward to reading some actual reviews.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Looking across 5 random dates, it appears StR is about 25% less than PHBKK right now.

Agree that the physical plant of StR is stunning, but I find the service and atmosphere to be a bit lacking. Definitely nowhere near Pen, MO, or Siam.
I hear that a lot about Pen, MO being in another league. But you can't use points for those properties.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: MR Plat.
I have an interesting (or unexpected) case to report: It appears that the PH Bangkok changed the rate rules for the "opening offer" from cancel before 48 hours, 1 night deposit required to 1 night non-refundable deposit, and subjected my booking from March to it (like: charged my card). Hyatt did not respond to my request for clarification.
This change of rules appears to be something very close to fraud to me. Any suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks,
Starlicious
Old May 17, 2017, 9:21 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by starlicious
I have an interesting (or unexpected) case to report: It appears that the PH Bangkok changed the rate rules for the "opening offer" from cancel before 48 hours, 1 night deposit required to 1 night non-refundable deposit, and subjected my booking from March to it (like: charged my card). Hyatt did not respond to my request for clarification.
This change of rules appears to be something very close to fraud to me. Any suggestions how to proceed?

Thanks,
Starlicious
Call the property, ask for the accounts department and demand a refund and the honouring of the original conditions.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

Thanks,
Starlicious
If you can't get satisfaction from the property or Hyatt customer service, you can always dispute the credit card charge. Hopefully you have the initial e-mail confirm showing the original cancel policy?

Of course, this is all somewhat moot if you don't need to cancel the reservation.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:27 pm

Thanks,
Starlicious
If what you said happened is accurate, you could stand to get some decent compensation here.

I assume you have a good paper trail on this. I would:

1) Email PHBKK GM and explain that you expect the terms you booked under to be honored.
2) Contact Hyatt HQ in Chicago and tell them it's not acceptable.
3) If no traction, this is an easy credit card dispute you will win with the proper documentation.

Keep us posted, I think you can get a free stay out of this if you're polite and direct.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors

Thanks,
Starlicious
Thanks for making us aware of this. I noticed that they had changed the terms of my booking as well to "1 Night Pre-Paid And Non-Refundable". They have yet to charge my card however.

Will be keeping a close eye on this. Let us know how you go in terms of getting a refund.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:46 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Photos from opening night here (Mostly people than the property) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6637896&type=3
Old May 19, 2017, 10:18 pm

I saw the change in terms on the website when doing a test rez to check rates, and that stopped me from switching a GH rez to the PH.

But they really should not be changing the terms of your reservations retroactively.

-David
Old May 20, 2017, 2:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They probably aren't... it's that great Hyatt IT system that is showing current cancellation rules for older reservations.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
They probably aren't... it's that great Hyatt IT system that is showing current cancellation rules for older reservations.
This. The policy at the time of booking will always be honoured.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by stargold
This. The policy at the time of booking will always be honoured.
But that doesn't mean it will always be granted without needing pushback.

In November Courtyard Bangkok retroactively changed my reservation to a prepay and threatened to cancel my res because the CC on file was expired and the hotel's attempt to run through the payment wasn't working.

It took several emails before they made a 'one time exception'.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by RTW1
Except that they are:

Thanks,
Starlicious
Old May 20, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Photos from opening night here (Mostly people than the property) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6637896&type=3
More photos here of the property: http://liveandletsfly.boardingarea.c...-opening-june/
Old May 20, 2017, 12:29 pm

Another review, this time with plenty of photos including the Globalist breakfast:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/19/h...d/?omhide=true

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.