Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Is this property sold out for July or is not not bookable via the website? Some initial reviews do not seem super positive and I was wondering if I should do a points stay here when I am in Bangkok.
Old May 22, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Regarding the rate change issue, I received the below response from the agent my booking was made through:

In regards to your inquiry about the cancellation policy of your reservation at Park Hyatt Bangkok, our travel advisor has reached out to Hyatt to review the cancellation policy, and they understand the original cancellation policy stated there was a one night deposit taken at time of booking, which would be refundable if the reservation was cancelled outside of 48 hours before the arrival date, yet now the Hyatt website reflects the deposit being nonrefundable if the reservation is cancelled.

They are working with Hyatt to have this policy honored, and expect to have a follow up with Hyatt within the next few days..
To be continued.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Another review, this time with plenty of photos including the Globalist breakfast:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/19/h...d/?omhide=true
Complete with the very odd suggestion that guests are not meant to flush toilet paper but rather put it in a bin provided for that purpose. Surely that's not right. Yes, Bangkok has some dodgy plumbing but he must have got confused with other sanitary items.
Old May 22, 2017, 9:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's a revisit to way back when the first "flush" toilets were installed.....
Old May 22, 2017, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
Complete with the very odd suggestion that guests are not meant to flush toilet paper but rather put it in a bin provided for that purpose. Surely that's not right. Yes, Bangkok has some dodgy plumbing but he must have got confused with other sanitary items.
Actually, that is probably not a mistake. Locals often do just that. However, in a modern hotel you can simply disregard that suggestion and do as you normally would.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; May 22, 2017 at 2:42 pm
Old May 22, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by paolo64
Perhaps the building's plumbing was done by TG/AoT's crack contracting units. A flush enterprise.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Informative review on liveandletsfly . . . . Park Hyatt Bangkok Suite Review.

One interesting point is that the property is apparently selling only 40 of 220 rooms right now, which would explain why availability is so limited.

Even more interesting, it seems that this property has two breakfast menus, the regular one, with full choice of entrees, and a "Globalist" menu which lists only four entree choices.

Off my list.
Old May 23, 2017, 10:34 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

In an interview about the opening it was stated that they would open with 65 of the 222 rooms.... but who knows.

Let's see if the rest is offered before the year is out :-).
Old May 23, 2017, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Reading the recent reviews, I decided to cancel my booking. Of course I wasn't able to do it online as they changed the cancellation policy of my booking as well but after a 5 minute call to Orbitz, my booking was cancelled with no penalty
Will be staying at the W instead.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mict
Will be staying at the W instead.
If you like psychedelic colour schemes and a noisy hotel go for it!
Old May 24, 2017, 3:13 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kalboz
Another review, this time with plenty of photos including the Globalist breakfast:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/19/h...d/?omhide=true
Originally Posted by Kacee
Informative review on liveandletsfly . . . . Park Hyatt Bangkok Suite Review. . .
Careful. Posting links to reviews by non-members of FlyerTalk may be met with wrath.

Originally Posted by RTW1
And if you decide to read it... know it's sponsered content where the stay (in a suite) was paid for by the hotel. So no surprise that it only contains praise...

It's nothing more than an advertorial, something the poster fails to mention time and time again. And something that should have no place in an FT thread that is for (unbiased) reviews from members.
Old May 24, 2017, 3:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The big difference is that your post is clearly an advertorial where the stay was comped. So nothing in it can actually be trusted. We (should) have no use for that trash here....

What was you motive to keep posting it anyway (against posting standards and in 2 threads)?
Old May 24, 2017, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Even more interesting, it seems that this property has two breakfast menus, the regular one, with full choice of entrees, and a "Globalist" menu which lists only four entree choices.

Off my list.
That's like being a second class guest. How can they get away with that?
Old May 24, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Aventine
That's like being a second class guest. How can they get away with that?
There are a few on this board who would surely attempt to justify the maneuver. Their IDs are likely well known.
Old May 24, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Informative review on liveandletsfly . . . . Park Hyatt Bangkok Suite Review.

One interesting point is that the property is apparently selling only 40 of 220 rooms right now, which would explain why availability is so limited.

Off my list.
Off my list too.

I can see this hotel reflag as a Centara hotel in the next couple of years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.