Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Seems to be a fair bit of demand . . . already sold out weekend of 6/2.
Old May 10, 2017, 10:13 am

is this hotel poorly located for tourists?
Old May 10, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Colin
is this hotel poorly located for tourists?
IMO it's not bad. Public transportation attached to the mall is good and you can walk to the Nana end of Suk. In the other direction, you can walk to the shrine at the other Hyatt, a temple or two, and the big mall. If you try the long walk toward downtown and the big park, you pass the American Embassy, but I wouldn't put this stuff on the tourist list. Otherwise, a lot of the tourist sites are along or near the river, for example palaces, temples, museums, and generally history stuff.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:12 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MattEvan
This will only continue. The opening rates were totally unsustainable for this area (non-riverfront), and sorry, but PH is just not creme de la creme of luxe hotel brands.
It's next door to the StR which is similarly priced and one of the best hotels in BKK.
Old May 10, 2017, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
It's next door to the StR which is similarly priced and one of the best hotels in BKK.
Looking across 5 random dates, it appears StR is about 25% less than PHBKK right now.

Agree that the physical plant of StR is stunning, but I find the service and atmosphere to be a bit lacking. Definitely nowhere near Pen, MO, or Siam.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The StR is about two stops away on the sky train. The hotels are not next door to each other. You basically go down to the corner with the GH and then turn left, toward downtown. I'd guess that the distance is about six or eight blocks.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:19 pm

Is it accessible from the mall as you enter from the BTS walkway? IE, coming in from Ploenchit BTS stop, Paul's bakery/restaurant is on the right, is it possible to access PH from that level ?
Old May 10, 2017, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by paolo64
Is it accessible from the mall as you enter from the BTS walkway? IE, coming in from Ploenchit BTS stop, Paul's bakery/restaurant is on the right, is it possible to access PH from that level ?
When I was in the mall before the PH opened, it looked like the main entrance and lobby would be on the street level, so one floor down from the BTS station IIRC.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:35 pm

First images appearing on instagram. Looks stunning

Last edited by ctrlf; May 11, 2017 at 6:09 am
Old May 10, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by ctrlf
First images appearing on instagram. Looks stunning

I see text and not a picture.
Old May 11, 2017, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The StR is about two stops away on the sky train.
About? I understand exactly what you mean (the physical position is in between Ploenchit and Chitlom even though it's connected to Ploenchit). I just think its humorous to describe it that way for something that would otherwise be using discreet integers to describe stops.

I see text and not a picture.
There's a few second pan of the room but I find nothing stunning about what's shown. A bed devoid of anything interesting. A nice view. A TV on a stand hiding a column. A fabric chair/couch combo with a strange barely functional table.

This is not stunning based upon my understanding of the word. Unless is it was being used facetiously?
Old May 11, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I am very interested to try this hotel. But new hotels always have a break-in period to work out the kinks. I will wait for some guinea pigs to try first.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Bland came to mind... just like the location is (not bad but nothing spectacular either).
I can only hope that the public spaces and the pool look anything like was advertised.

I had a reservation for this weekend... but decided to cancel, not really wanting to be that guinea pig in Thailand :-).
Old May 11, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
This is not stunning based upon my understanding of the word. Unless is it was being used facetiously?

Thanks, edited the post.
Old May 11, 2017, 1:32 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The StR is about two stops away on the sky train. The hotels are not next door to each other. You basically go down to the corner with the GH and then turn left, toward downtown. I'd guess that the distance is about six or eight blocks.
Actually three stops with the transfer at Siem. It's a long 1.5 km walk from Phloen Chit station to the StR at Ratchadamri, especially in this 40 degree C daytime heat.

Last edited by rbAA; May 11, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.