Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rbAA
Actually three stops with the transfer at Siem. It's a long 1.5 km walk from Phloen Chit station to the StR at Ratchadamri, especially in this 40 degree C daytime heat.
But it's only 2 stops from Chitlom which is not that far from PH BKK. Ploenchit is closer, but not by much.
Old May 11, 2017, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I was in the mall before the PH opened, it looked like the main entrance and lobby would be on the street level, so one floor down from the BTS station IIRC.
Thanks. I have a stay at the end of the month.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:05 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
John Ollila posted the following mini review today: http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/13/f...k/?omhide=true

more to come on Monday!

A brief photo history of the construction is here:
Old May 15, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
I've reached out to the PH to see if breakfast is included for Globalists. It's not. I'll stay at the GH which is $200 cheaper for my two night stay and includes breakfast for two.

Please note that you will receive the same benefits when you stay to any Hyatt Hotels such as the following below.

5 base points earned for every eligible US dollar spent
30% bonus points when choosing points
Complimentary Internet
Room upgrade upon arrival
Receive a bottle of water daily
Complimentary late check out until 4:00 PM
Priority access to available rooms when checking in early
Old May 15, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I've reached out to the PH to see if breakfast is included for Globalists. It's not. I'll stay at the GH which is $200 cheaper for my two night stay and includes breakfast for two.
That can't be right.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
That can't be right.
This is the verbatim quote from [email protected]:
Also, only our Standard Room that has 2 Twin Beds and we do not have breakfast included for Globalist member.
I've also asked for twin bed suites to use an upgrade voucher. Based on the website and their answer the only room type with twin beds is the standard room - not even deluxe.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:46 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Sounds like an untrained regional sales office rep.

Benefits of WoH are quite clear when it comes to breakfast so just ignore the email https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...globalist.html
Old May 15, 2017, 7:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, BA Gold, Sindbad Gold
10-17th july suiteupgrade, can't wait to see what this hotel has to offer. using limoservice and as a globalist ofcourse you will recieve breakfast for two.
Old May 15, 2017, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
This is the verbatim quote from [email protected]:
Clearly wrong.

Honestly, this is a question you do not need to ask. You will get free breakfast.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Exactly.... stupid question and a stupid answer :-).
Offcourse you will get the restaurant breakfast for free.

Now where is that first review?
Old May 15, 2017, 9:29 pm

I just saw LoyaltyLobby's review of the executive suite on YouTube, and I have to say it looks pretty underwhelming.
I get a feeling this hotel is very overpriced at this moment..
Old May 15, 2017, 11:28 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by agjil
I just saw LoyaltyLobby's review of the executive suite on YouTube, and I have to say it looks pretty underwhelming.
I get a feeling this hotel is very overpriced at this moment..
Yep. It also looked quite small for that room category.

The StR rooms are much nicer. PH rooms look modern but stark.
Old May 16, 2017, 12:18 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I tweeted to Hyatt Concierge about this property's breakfast rules as experienced above, and here is the exchange/answer I got:

Old May 16, 2017, 4:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Went to check out the PH, last weekend in the evening after it opened, and I am glad I also cancelled my reservation and stayed in those lovely duplex pool cabana suites at the Kempinski for my last two nights in BKK.

Walked though the property from the Bar to the living room for about 10 minutes without encountering any staff member whatsoever...

I know asians on average are smaller than caucasian, and that I am tall 1.87 m, but nonetheless really disliked the small steps leading to the living room, too small to step on each one and a little unconfortable to jump them two by two... Anyway I know this is not much but its one of my pet peaves...

I usually disagree with RTW1 but have to admit the property feels sterile and bland. Its luxurious but feels a little too much like a hospital imo.

Last but not least, looking at the hotel from the street, i could see several rooms which appeared to have some electrical issues. The lights kept swithcing back and on every 10 seconds. At least one suite, and 4-5 rooms seemed to be affected. Or a lot of kids playing with the switches lol at the same time

6th floor of central embassy is a very nice concept imo with the Open house. I really enjoyed the space and the food stands.
Old May 16, 2017, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So the consensus from those who have not actually stayed here is either this place is amazing or terrible

Look forward to reading some actual reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.