Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2017, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Aha, it's a system wide cost cutting strategy!

"Streamlining" is a euphemism for cost cutting.
.....and we have a new synonym for enhancement.
Old May 30, 2017, 1:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

For the HR Danang it's a club breakfast and the hot dishes (normally) are clearly advertised on the tables.... again a lot different than what's happening here. Everybody in the club gets the same....

Last edited by RTW1; May 30, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Old May 31, 2017, 2:46 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Aha, it's a system wide cost cutting strategy!

"Streamlining" is a euphemism for cost cutting.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....and we have a new synonym for enhancement.
anticipating revenue loss due to the recent loyalty program "enhancements"
Old May 31, 2017, 5:44 am

Regardless of the situation with the Globalist menu, it's still an excellent breakfast and no one is going to feel short changed by it. Very tasty.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Thinking about staying here in Sep on honeymoon but found I can get prepaid rate at the Conrad for 2940 THB (3166 THB or ~96 USD all in). That almost seems too good to pass up (PH rates are much higher).

I'm sure the PH is better than Conrad, but seems like it's a no brainer to go with Conrad for me. Anyone strongly disagree?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thinking about staying here in Sep on honeymoon but found I can get prepaid rate at the Conrad for 2940 THB (3166 THB or ~96 USD all in). That almost seems too good to pass up (PH rates are much higher).

I'm sure the PH is better than Conrad, but seems like it's a no brainer to go with Conrad for me. Anyone strongly disagree?
That's of course an apples and oranges comparison, so it depends on how much you value subjective differences, as well as price sensitivity.

But, at that low rate, I strongly suspect that Conrad has the better price-performance ratio. I would be tempted by the Conrad if I were you.

As your profile indicates you're HH Diamond, I think it's a definite no brainer if you will get elite treatment at Conrad (upgrade, club, etc...) at that rate!

Admittedly, PH would not be my choice of hotel even if comparing it to others at same and higher price level.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jun 2, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The Conrad is nice. I haven't been to the Park Hyatt.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:25 pm

I have stayed at the Conrad and tomorrow I will be at the park hyatt. Conrad is a bit of a walk to the Main Street and at least for me the lounge food was very bad. Room was good but as diamond just got a corner room no suite. If your looking in the lower price range and the walk is ok the marroitt marquis is great and the lounge food is top notch above the grand hyatt I would say. I'll report tomorrow for Park hyatt to Conrad comparison on rooms and such.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:33 pm

At that rate, I'd choose the Conrad over PH too. That said, I was at Conrad and the GH earlier this year and I did not like the Conrad at all. I was hoping the PH would be ready, but it wasn't. I much preferred the GH over the Conrad. The Conrad was too out of the way. Traffic was/is horrible so cabs were/are pointless. I prefer the convenience of the GH and PH being closer to things.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:41 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Granted, the rates at the Conrad are pretty consistently low and not much different than those you'd find at the other Hilton branded properties in Bangkok. In my view the Grand Hyatt is a full level above the Conrad in terms service and overall experience, and the rates generally reflect that. I have yet to stay at the Park Hyatt property though.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
At that rate, I'd choose the Conrad over PH too. That said, I was at Conrad and the GH earlier this year and I did not like the Conrad at all. I was hoping the PH would be ready, but it wasn't. I much preferred the GH over the Conrad. The Conrad was too out of the way. Traffic was/is horrible so cabs were/are pointless. I prefer the convenience of the GH and PH being closer to things.
The Conrad is only 750 meters from the Park Hyatt. It's definitely further from the BTS if that's what you mean.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:50 pm

I agree 100% with staff. The service and overall experience was much much better. I imagine the PH will be similar/better in terms of experience and service, after all the kinks have been worked out.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
The Conrad is only 750 meters from the Park Hyatt. It's definitely further from the BTS if that's what you mean.
Wasn't referring to the BTS. I prefer the area around the PH - with the attached mall, food options.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:12 pm

The Conrad just feels a bit second rate all around (considering the brand) - the rate is simply reflective of this, in my opinion.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
The Conrad just feels a bit second rate all around (considering the brand) - the rate is simply reflective of this, in my opinion.
Right, but at less than ฿3,000 per night, I'd say very good value.

Not to mention that the Park Hyatt looks quite second rate itself, notwithstanding higher room rates...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.