Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Not to mention that the Park Hyatt looks quite second rate itself, notwithstanding higher room rates...
I'll hold back on judging until my stay in October/November. So far I've seen very mixed reviews, which to some extent is expected of a brand new property.

Speaking the Conrad, it's great value but pretty second rate in terms of everything else, something that will probably be even more pronounced now that a WA is opening shortly next door to the GH.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:41 pm

Breakfast was great and they have new menus printed so I don't feel the glob breakfast is missing anything. They are doing a complimentary evening service like the Park Hyatt Tokyo for globs as well that was very good, better then the PHT for sure. They also had some caviar topped Canapés and many interesting cheeses. I do wish it had free flow champagne tho the red and white was good and 890 baht to get free flow taittinger so that's pretty good I feel if you like drinking a few glasses. I had a welcome amenity of two Japanese beers and a large fruit plate. Over all I'm impressed with the property and yes they have some things to work out as it's a new hotel but over all I'm very happy. Lastly I would pay the extra 3000 baht or slightly more for this property over the Conrad myself.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Breakfast was great and they have new menus printed so I don't feel the glob breakfast is missing anything. They are doing a complimentary evening service like the Park Hyatt Tokyo for globs as well that was very good, better then the PHT for sure. They also had some caviar topped Canapés and many interesting cheeses. I do wish it had free flow champagne tho the red and white was good and 890 baht to get free flow taittinger so that's pretty good I feel if you like drinking a few glasses. I had a welcome amenity of two Japanese beers and a large fruit plate. Over all I'm impressed with the property and yes they have some things to work out as it's a new hotel but over all I'm very happy. Lastly I would pay the extra 3000 baht or slightly more for this property over the Conrad myself.
The evening thing must be new as I didn't know about that in my stay last week .
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Informative review on liveandletsfly . . . . Park Hyatt Bangkok Suite Review.

One interesting point is that the property is apparently selling only 40 of 220 rooms right now, which would explain why availability is so limited.

Even more interesting, it seems that this property has two breakfast menus, the regular one, with full choice of entrees, and a "Globalist" menu which lists only four entree choices.

Off my list.
Interestingly, Kyle (a contributor on my blog) got a suite and I did not, even though we have the same status, paid the same price, and I checked in several hours earlier. Perhaps that was my problem? Early check-in?

My review is here --

Review: Park Hyatt Bangkok (100 photos)

(should have posted it here a couple weeks ago, but it covers some things the suite review did not). Disclaimer: link to my blog.

I loved the property, loved the restaurant, loved the common area...but I must say, I was not impressed by the room. Felt small, I did not like the lime green carpets, and the lack of Toto tricked out toilet was disappointing. I had just come from the PH Hangzhou which in many ways is a better property.

Originally Posted by paolo64
The evening thing must be new as I didn't know about that in my stay last week .
This is good to hear. It certainly was not mentioned a couple weeks ago.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I loved the property, loved the restaurant, loved the common area...but I must say, I was not impressed by the room. Felt small, I did not like the lime green carpets, and the lack of Toto tricked out toilet was disappointing. I had just come from the PH Hangzhou which in many ways is a better property.
A bit surprising . . . Bangkok is such a great hotel city, you'd think PH would really knock it out of the park here.

Maybe I'll burn some of my points here later this year.

But OTOH, just had a great stay at Marriott Marquis, with wonderful service and an upgrade to an M Suite on a free night certificate. Also interested in checking out the SGS.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Interestingly, Kyle (a contributor on my blog) got a suite and I did not, even though we have the same status, paid the same price, and I checked in several hours earlier. Perhaps that was my problem? Early check-in?

My review is here --

Review: Park Hyatt Bangkok (100 photos)

(should have posted it here a couple weeks ago, but it covers some things the suite review did not). Disclaimer: link to my blog.

This is good to hear. It certainly was not mentioned a couple weeks ago.
Hangzhou had the washlets? Makes all the difference for me too.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:28 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
We have several Totos at home and I can honestly say that it doesn't make or break a hotel stay. I'm fascinated it does for so many FTers...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
We have several Totos at home and I can honestly say that it doesn't make or break a hotel stay. I'm fascinated it does for so many FTers...
They're not so common in North America I guess. I have one in every bathroom too so I like to have the same comforts of home. This isn't always possible and sometimes just live with the hotels that don't like the Oriental. I think the owners tried to save on that part of the rooms.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 10, 2017 at 7:54 am
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I agree.

However I am surprised that some luxury hotels do not even have bidet showers, which are very standard in Thailand.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:36 am

I am booked on a P+C rate for 01-04 September at the Park Hyatt Bangkok. Called WOH Concierge to check on availability to use my TSU. Was informed that the Park Suite that the TSU books into is NOT available.

Does anyone know what category of Park Suite is eligible for TSU? For the dates in question, I see that a "Park Suite King" is indeed available for cash booking. If this is not the category allowable for TSU, then is there a lower category of suite that is?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I am only able to book a twin room for 9000 ++ thb per night. Worth it?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I am booked on a P+C rate for 01-04 September at the Park Hyatt Bangkok. Called WOH Concierge to check on availability to use my TSU. Was informed that the Park Suite that the TSU books into is NOT available.

Does anyone know what category of Park Suite is eligible for TSU? For the dates in question, I see that a "Park Suite King" is indeed available for cash booking. If this is not the category allowable for TSU, then is there a lower category of suite that is?
It is the Park Suite King. Try calling again and see if another agent is better. Otherwise call Hyatt during Thai business hours and ask them to contact the hotel to manually clear the upgrade. I had to do that myself for different reasons. There are many inventory management issues with new properties
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:00 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon

Let the games begin!!!

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....eeming-points/

So much for the new loyalty program!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Stayed two nights on layover at the PH BKK. I don't think I'll be returning. The room is tiny and they turn down the A/C at night which is more than annoying in hot, humid Bangkok. This was a Guest of Honor points booking (mainly to see if benefits were extended). There was no upgrade from a Park King (they stated there are only 5 suites although a Deluxe Corner would have been appreciated). The breakfast was alright but significantly lacking in comparison to the Pen which is our other comparison point.

Architecturally, it was quite interesting with art features and a beautiful infinity edge pool.

We used the BMW 7 airport transfer three times (!) and it was prompt and comfortable.

Front desk service was helpful and professional. Restaurant service warm although not detail oriented. Many new staff were still being orientated.

I found the river view location of the Pen more scenic although we did take the BTS which was convenient. The attached Central Embassy mall is lovely to walk around (and directly attached). The top floor Open House space is beautiful and Eathai in the basement has some neat outlets.

Anyhow, the tiny room makes this a no-go for me and I'll go back to the Pen next time. As far as Asian PH comparisons, PH Busan, Seoul and Shanghai were better than this one.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:57 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
How 'tiny' are the rooms? According to the website 48sqm is the smallest which seems quite generous? https://bangkok.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms.html

There are many issues with Guest of Honour and the lack of upgrade isn't unique to the property.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jun 30, 2017 at 11:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.