Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Haha... most TA reviews are written by folks who rarely travel and normally hardly contain any information. Here it's looking for the aspects that you value and you normally get a decent picture of what to expect.
Exactly this...people have different value judgements. I read the reviews here and can therefore critically appraise for myself whether the downsides as explained by others would bother me or not as well as whether the accolades also matter. When I travel, I don't ask a lot of the staff but I do expect prompt, courteous professional service. Hard product means more to me. I'm able to easily see this here on FT reviews. I haven't been steered in the wrong direction yet.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTW1
Haha... most TA reviews are written by folks who rarely travel and normally hardly contain any information.
TA is a great resource if you know how to use it. You just have to sort through the cranks and the fake reviews. Much like here (with emphasis on the former, of which we seem to have a real excess of in this forum in particular)

We just had a great stay at the Olea Hotel in Glen Ellen which I picked based on TA reviews.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:28 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
This is getting a bit off topic, but given we only have three reviews on FT from elites TA is good to compare and contrast. TA's thread on the PH BKK has told me:
  • There are ants and insects in some rooms from construction;
  • Some rooms have the smell of rotten meat (and the traveler was moved to three different rooms with the same issue);
  • You can hear the BTS from the 17th floor; and
  • The rooms aren't soundproofed well.

Of course, these are the negatives but these are what will concern me on my upcoming stay.

And some of the TA reviews are from Globalists.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by m0hamed
This is getting a bit off topic, but given we only have three reviews on FT from elites TA is good to compare and contrast. TA's thread on the PH BKK has told me:
  • Some rooms have the smell of rotten meat (and the traveler was moved to three different rooms with the same issue);
  • You can hear the BTS from the 17th floor; and
  • The rooms aren't soundproofed well.

Of course, these are the negatives but these are what will concern me on my upcoming stay.

And some of the TA reviews are from Globalists.
The negative reviews, after filtering out the cranks, are how I find TA most beneficial. The fluff pieces/adverts just turn me off.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

The first one especially would worry me with children.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
I am still waiting for my stay and points to post - not sure how long it has taken others, but it has been a few days now.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The stay posted almost immediately. Think we were there the same time.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:48 am

July stay

Just finished a stay in PH Bangkok. Generally love PH but was underwhelmed by everything except the staff service. IMHO St. Regis Bangkok blows it out of the water and I'm not usually a STR fan. I'd give the PH a chance again in a year or so because it definitely has potential, but can't really recommend it over other options

Personal thoughts on PH Bangkok:
  • Rooms are well appointed but fairly bland. Monochromatic and less elegant I think. Feels like an apartment, which could be a good thing for some
  • Park Executive Suite was a nice upgrade from the DSU Park Suite (I think the room is actually much nicer than the standard Park Suite, but there are different layouts and not all are created equal).
  • Bathrooms were pretty and would have been great were it not for bugs on one occasion (think the radiation-proof type of creepy-crawlers) and water drainage issues.
  • Breakfast options were tasty and very high quality (others have posted menu) but more limited than most properties in Thailand. Staff were extremely friendly but sometimes things get forgotten. To be fair, found this to be true of almost every Thai restaurant.
  • Other than standard World of Hyatt benefits, no particular bonuses given to Globalists
  • Mixed feelings about the location - directly connected to BTS and Central Embassy (food court was fairly good) but feels isolated otherwise
  • Drinks at rooftop bar were not good and staff weren't friendly up there
  • AC was not an issue at night for me. But I set it at 70 during the day so it might have turned off and I didn't notice. But everytime I left the room and came back it was very warm and the curtains automatically closed. That was much more annoying
  • Did not hear any noise from construction but I was out for most of the day every day

In comparison, St. Regis:
  • Provides free drinks and canapes. Bar was fantastic and drinks were delicious.
  • I think has a better spa facility available to guests
  • More breakfast variety (though I like quality of PH breakfast)
  • Prettier rooms
  • St. Regis also has a dedicated concierge, while Park Hyatt has a piecemeal of staff that mean well and want to help but in reality the most helpful for travel and dining planning were in the ground floor lobby

Last edited by dcphlyer; Jul 14, 2017 at 4:55 am Reason: AC, noise
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GLOB
BKK fast track service offered by PH- worth paying for?

I am staying at PH BKK in a few days and they offered me fast track arrival service at BKK airport for 1000 THB/person. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this service. Is it worth 2000 THB for the two of us? We arrive on a Bangkok Airlines flight MLE-BKK at 7:05pm local time.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:39 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by setec
I am staying at PH BKK in a few days and they offered me fast track arrival service at BKK airport for 1000 THB/person. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this service. Is it worth 2000 THB for the two of us? We arrive on a Bangkok Airlines flight MLE-BKK at 7:05pm local time.
Unless you have fast track then I would book this. But you can also book through Bangkok Flight Services directly.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by setec
Definitely worth it unless you're given Fast track passes and flying in C?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unless you have fast track then I would book this. But you can also book through Bangkok Flight Services directly.
What does it cost to book directly rather than through the PH?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:53 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Varies depending on level of service. https://www.bangkokflightservices.co...port-services/
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Got a 4 night stay at the end of August coming up - mainly just to use the pool.
Has anyone here used the pool at SO Sofitel? That was my other option, just to book a large suite there and use my Citi 4th night back instead of room + DSU at the PH.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt GLOB
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

For 2 people and the same service (arrival service without electric cart) the PH asks 2000 TBH, while BFS charges 1450 TBH. But the BFS prices vary a lot depending. See the link in m0hamed's post above.

BTW, I booked the arrival service directly through BFS. Thanks for the tip, m0hamed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.