Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Bangkok REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
There is social hour. Look at my review.
I thought you said that you checked out before social hour?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:28 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ausriver
I thought you said that you checked out before social hour?
We did but it is offered to all Globalists complimentary as per the card. They swapped it out for afternoon tea proactively.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:37 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
We did but it is offered to all Globalists complimentary as per the card. They swapped it out for afternoon tea proactively.
Are there any drinks (liquor) served at the social hour?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 5:52 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks @m0hamed. Great review.

Very surprising that the hotel isn't more impressive considering it's a brand new property. But at least now I know that the St Regis is still where I should stay for our next visit.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:12 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Thanks @m0hamed. Great review.

Very surprising that the hotel isn't more impressive considering it's a brand new property. But at least now I know that the St Regis is still where I should stay for our next visit.
It's not a bad hotel. I am a light sleeper, I need absolutely zero noise so the horns and exhausts of the bikes and vehicles as well as BTS were bothersome to me.

It certainly does have a Wow quality to it and we had a nice stay but on the overnight home we're going to the StR.

Our final day on Asian vacations is always spent by the StR pool doing nothing, but the pool at the PH BKK is so small and viewable by everyone going to and from the restaurant.

Interesting we are at the HR DAD and they have put hedges between the club lounge and the club pool for this very reason.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:13 pm

Just wines and it was 1800 baht to get champagne tatinger if I remember correctly. All free flow no mixed drinks.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:17 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
It's not a bad hotel. I am a light sleeper, I need absolutely zero noise so the horns and exhausts of the bikes and vehicles as well as BTS were bothersome to me.

It certainly does have a Wow quality to it and we had a nice stay but on the overnight home we're going to the StR.

Our final day on Asian vacations is always spent by the StR pool doing nothing, but the pool at the PH BKK is so small and viewable by everyone going to and from the restaurant.

Interesting we are at the HR DAD and they have put hedges between the club lounge and the club pool for this very reason.
I'm a fan of both StR and PH. But any hotel with air con issues and thin glass noise issues is a big red flag for me. Reminds me of the subpar build quality of the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas--an otherwise beautiful looking hotel with great service and a friendly staff. That isn't acceptable to me, especially from a brand new hotel or from any PH.

Combine that with so many people finding the StR feeling more luxurious and the PH feeling a bit austere, plus the subpar location, and the StR clearly is where I should go. The fact that so many Globalist members are wowed at first by the PH and yet plan to go back to the StR speaks volumes.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:57 pm

For me the best hotel by far in the area is situated right between the StR and the PH, Anantara Siam Bangkok. It has all the charachter and elegance that is hard to find in a newer hotel, and it's F&B is rivaled only by Mandarin Oriental in my opinion.

The austere rooms and market style F&B at PH hold zero appeal to me. But the beauty of all the choicein Bangkok hotels is that evryone can pick the hotel ideally suited to their tastes.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:25 pm

Really considering staying here at USD200 per night for my dates. Note, however, that I'm an Explorist, not a Globalist, so would have to pay for breakfast, which is fine. But compare the Conrad Hilton at USD100, or even the Millennium Hilton at USD85; I am Hilton Gold. Is it worth two to three times as much for this stay? It's a new property, but I could satisfy my desire to see it by coming by for lunch/dinner.

Also could consider the Peninsula or the St. Regis at the same price as the PH Bangkok, both of which I've never been to.

Any thoughts?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by londonienne
Also could consider the Peninsula...
Any thoughts?
The Peninsula without a shred of doubt.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
The Peninsula without a shred of doubt.
+1
Pen had some amazing third night free rates last time I looked. 8K THB for a suite.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Really considering staying here at USD200 per night for my dates. Note, however, that I'm an Explorist, not a Globalist, so would have to pay for breakfast, which is fine. But compare the Conrad Hilton at USD100, or even the Millennium Hilton at USD85; I am Hilton Gold. Is it worth two to three times as much for this stay? It's a new property, but I could satisfy my desire to see it by coming by for lunch/dinner.

Also could consider the Peninsula or the St. Regis at the same price as the PH Bangkok, both of which I've never been to.

Any thoughts?
Even the Grand Hyatt is one class above the Conrad, but given the rates at the latter you're getting very good value. Not sure what the experience is for HHGs at the Conrad these days, but as far as I can remember you'll only get lounge access if you get upgraded to a Executive room.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any thoughts?
It depends how much you're willing to spend on yourself but Pen at that price is a great deal!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Staying at the PH tomorrow with a DSU and citi 4th night free. I would've preferred just paying for a suite at the Penninsula - getting the third and 4th night free using Citi Prestige, but I really need the nights to get 60 this year and the pool looks cool.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:45 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

The pool isn't remarkable..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.