Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:23 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=394434

Mike
Old Apr 5, 2006, 9:06 pm

When a "HRW" agent books a reward reservation only certain (standard accommodations) rooms are available for them to confirm.
"HRW Do Not Book" is telling the HRW agent not to book that room but it may available to the hotel for Gold and Diamond upgrades.
Sounds like you've been upgraded!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 3:17 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
How far ahead are award rooms allocated for HWV?

I was just trying to book an award stay 365 days ahead, but no dice. Even though rooms are available for sale (at a pretty good price too), there are no award rooms. Does anybody have an idea when award rooms will be allocated? I am a lowly Gold.

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see a reference to this.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I booked a week of free nights last November for February.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
With HHonors I have found that properties release award inventory at varying times. In many cases, it seems totally random, but I usually see inventory first posted at the following times:
- 364 or 365 days out
- Last Sunday in the month in which 365 days out occurs (so check April 30 for your situation)
- 1st of the month following the 364/5 days out point (i.e. May 1 in your situation)
- First Sunday of the month following the month in which 365 days out occurs (May 7 in your case)
- 330/1 days out

Hilton brand properties seem to post award inventory earlier than other HHonors brands, such as Hampton Inn which usually lags.....but not always. Checking everyday is the way to go.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:33 am

Yes, its pretty close to a year. I just booked 2 weeks ago (mid March) for a HWV stay next Feb 17-22, 2007.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:35 am

I've been told by the Diamond Desk that it's 1 year for US properties, but that international properties are not subject to this rule. Of course, the recent corporate restructuring of international properties may change this rule.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1P, HH Diamond, *Wood Gold
What are the rules of canceling a reward stay?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:00 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by donovan1313
What are the rules of canceling a reward stay?
If you book the reward stay online, the cancellation policy can be found right above the “book now” button.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:44 am

I remember when I tried to book my HWV stay over a year in advance, I was
told by the rep that it had to be under a year. I don't remember the exact time
framce, but it was something like 354 days or something. Call the HHonors # and they can tell you.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 5:23 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by MileKing
I usually see inventory first posted at the following times:
- 364 or 365 days out
- Last Sunday in the month in which 365 days out occurs (so check April 30 for your situation)
- 1st of the month following the 364/5 days out point (i.e. May 1 in your situation)
- First Sunday of the month following the month in which 365 days out occurs (May 7 in your case)
- 330/1 days out
The current inventory runs through March 31, which looks like your 3rd or 4th situation. I'll probably have to wait until May 1 or May 7. Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 1:05 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Another one night stay this week..... Ocean Tower this time. Very nice ocean view/pools view room. A generous complimentary fruit plate greeted us. Diamond lounge a few minutes before evening closing was uncrowded. Good pupus (including two hot selections and a nice cold fish one). Prime breakfast time a little more crowded, but not unbearably so. Nice selection of fruit and pastries.

Once again, no complaints
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:36 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Smile HWV upgrades for gold?

Aloha cousins!

I have recommended the HWV to someone and he is only Gold with HH.

Would like to hear from anyone that has been to HWV on a points stay recently, and whether you got any sort of room upgrade.

Also what's the current deal there with food - still the lounge or do they give some sort of certs for the real restaurant breakfast?

thanks. (and yes, I know there's a master HWV thread around but the gold issue is the main point of this question)

Mahalo.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 6:37 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Smile HWV upgrades for gold?

Aloha cousins!

I have recommended the HWV to someone and he is only Gold with HH.

Would like to hear from any HH GOLD folks that have been to HWV on a points stay recently, and whether you got any sort of room upgrade.

Also what's the current deal there with food - still the lounge or do they give some sort of certs for the real restaurant breakfast?

thanks. (and yes, I know there's a master HWV thread around but the gold issue is the main point of this question)

Mahalo.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I was there in February on award stay for two weeks. Couldn't get an upgraded room for that length of time, and I didn't want to change rooms 2-3 times. Free breakfast is in the lounge in the Palace Tower; no certs for restaurant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.