Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta/KLM to codeshare with Jet Airways (9W) to/from India

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Did they post? Thinking about booking Jet Airways to/from India & curious what you got regarding MQM's, RDM's etc
Be careful..9W is NOT a SkyMiles airline partner. You only get credit on 9W-operated flights if you book it as a Delta codeshare (i.e., with a DL flight number).

Originally Posted by gashwingomes
I presume the same would apply for any itinerary involving 9W metal, booked on KL or AF -- they would accrue RDM, MQM, MQD etc. as per the existing SM rules for KL or AF issued tickets.
No, if you book a KL or AF marketed flight number operated by 9W, you will not accrue RDM/MQM, etc. That would be akin to booking AF-coded but EY-operated flights today - no Skymiles credit...
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:40 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Thanks. RES and the int'l'reissue desk tried to book a codeshare but didn't succeed. Despite their press release it's not for 9W operated flights starting in AMS.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Thanks. RES and the int'l'reissue desk tried to book a codeshare but didn't succeed. Despite their press release it's not for 9W operated flights starting in AMS.
Yes, I flew RT from SEA. My routing was a little weird: SEA-AMS-BOM outbound, BOM-AMS-SFO-SEA inbound. Part of that was a need to do business in SFO before returning home.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; Hilton Diamond
What about other cities in India?

Wonder if I will ever be able to book on delta.com to another city in India Jet Airways serves (other than BOM and DEL). I been checking MCI to COK once a week since this partnership was announced, but no dice. I don't 'want to have to purchase a separate domestic ticket from BOM - COK if I can help it.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
How about award flights? Has anyone booked 9W flights using Skymiles?
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
quick trip report

Brief report -- flew 9W AMS-BOM and return last week.
9W flies an Airbus 330 on the AMS routes. Looked to be fairly new planes, mood lighting, but no air gaspers -- the plane AMS-BOM was a bit warm on boarding.
Miles haven't posted yet but will allow some time before asking.
Outbound all boarding passes (DCA-JFK-AMS-BOM) issued at checkin by Delta but had to checkin at counter in DCA. 9W reissued the AMS-BOM boarding pass on their own stock at the AMS gate.
DL was pretty stringent about having an Indian visa/evisa. Checked on checkin at DCA and again at JFK gate. Asked why since my BP said DOCS-OK and was told we just do it again.
No problems accessing the KL lounge in AMS in either direction although 9W website shows Aspire lounge in AMS.
Return -- had to checkin at BOM counter. Business class checkin for 9W is at the last row of counters all the way to the right of the terminal (I didn't find any signage indicating that). Checkin did take a long time (5 minutes with the agent) and it appeared that it took a long time for everyone (I got through pretty quickly). 9W uses the GVK lounge in BOM.
Boarding for 9W seemed pretty efficient -- they called business class and premiere members first. Once on the plane, an FA walks you to your seat and offers to stow you bag in the overhead.
Outbound day flight, no amenity packs, just a pair of socks. Toothbrush, razor, etc. were in the toilet.
Return overnight flight, there is an amenity pack, but skimpy -- toothbrush/paste, folding comb/brush, body lotion and lip balm. No eye shade although I think you could ask for one.
The food was good, for each service there was one "western" item. AMS-BOM was a full meal and then a light meal. BOM-AMS was a light meal and then breakfast.
Business class configuration alternated between 1-2-1 and 2-2-1 with a forward facing seat. (I'm not enough of a geek to know who makes them.) Relatively comfortable but not the best I've ever flown in. A tip -- if you are traveling solo, then go for an even-numbered row K seat. The odd numbered rows have the seat right on the aisle, even numbered has the console between the aisle and the seat (less bumping against you).
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mot29
...No problems accessing the KL lounge in AMS in either direction although 9W website shows Aspire lounge in AMS.

...Return overnight flight, there is an amenity pack, but skimpy -- toothbrush/paste, folding comb/brush, body lotion and lip balm. No eye shade although I think you could ask for one.
On my adventure with Jet Airways, I was turned away at the KLM lounge when I arrived in AMS even though I flew D1 from SEA. I went to the Aspire lounge, which was full, so they gave me a pass to the BA lounge next door. The BA lounge is one of the weakest lounges I've been in.

In addition to the amenity kit ex-BOM I was given PJs. Heather gray with blue piping. Didn't wear them and still haven't even opened the package, but an interesting extra.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:17 am

Returned last weekend (4/22) on a 006 issued ticket ORD-AMS-DEL. ORD-AMS, AMS-DEL and AMS-ORD were all on KLM; DEL-AMS was on Jet airways. Business class. Two adults + 1 infant on paper ticket.

The Jet Airways experience was meh.

Checkin: Friendly but inefficient and perhaps even incompetent. I'll take efficient any day.
1. Waited over 20 minutes to checkin at DEL. Did not check us in on the AMS-ORD segment. Asked us to checkin in AMS. I think the agent did not know how to process the paper ticket for the infant on KLM. No problem, we had a 4-hour layover, so I didn't press the issue.
2. Our baby's stroller was checked all the way to ORD in DEL, even though the checkin agent assured us that it would be available airside in AMS. We waited over 40 minutes on the jet bridge at AMS before being told to inquire at the transfers desk where they confirmed that it would be on the belt at ORD. Unacceptable - we had to carry a squirming, fighting baby through a 40 minute wait at immigration at ORD.

Inflight:
1. Very narrow seats and the person in the window has to step over the person in the aisle. I thought the seat was hard as well (and I've been on on the slippery-slide DL/NW business class seats on their 330s, and this seemed worse - or I'm getting older).
2. Skimpy amenity kit. No pjs as someone reported getting on the BOM-AMS sector.
3. Service was lackluster - it appears they do the bare minimum - never came back to ask if a water refill was needed; walked by several times without serving breakfast even though both my wife and I were up; we ended up hitting the call button and asking for breakfast. Friendly and apologetic, but not efficient. Again, apologies don't mean much to me personally if accompanied by inefficiency/incompetence (but it may be just me).

We'll pass Jet and avoid DL/KLM altogether if 9W is the only option to and out of India (if KLM cancels their once a day flight to DEL).

Oh, and the miles have not posted yet. Its been 6 days.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by zeebanker

Oh, and the miles have not posted yet. Its been 6 days.
My miles posted a week after the return but I had to request them.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:46 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
I am flying in Economy class from BOM-AMS on 9W using DL issued ticket. Has any one had any experience / knowledge about use of premium checkin line in Mumbai for DL Diamond Medallion?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Originally Posted by shukar
I am flying in Economy class from BOM-AMS on 9W using DL issued ticket. Has any one had any experience / knowledge about use of premium checkin line in Mumbai for DL Diamond Medallion?
Just finished this trip. FWIW, the official policy is that DL medallions can not use premium check-in lines or premium boarding BOM. I did manage to get into the Silver/Gold check-in line by sweet talking the attendant, but YMMV.

Also, I asked if they would upgrade me to business class for a price and I was offered one for INR 50,000 (approximately $700+), which I declined as it was a bit too steep for me.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:40 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by shukar
Also, I asked if they would upgrade me to business class for a price and I was offered one for INR 50,000 (approximately $700+), which I declined as it was a bit too steep for me.
I think I was offered a little less a few years back, but it was still a bit much (I had already spent €500 to upgrade on the way over).
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
FF deal with 9W coming soon

DL together with AF-KL announced additional cooperation and codesharing with 9W today, and indicated that full mileage earning and redemption with 9W will be available soon for SkyMiles members:

http://news.delta.com/delta-air-fran...-and-amsterdam

Full Frequent Flyer Mileage Reciprocity

Air France-KLM Flying Blue members are already eligible to earn and redeem miles on all routes operated by Jet Airways and vice versa. Soon, Delta SkyMiles and Jet Airways’ Jet Privilege members will also enjoy network-wide, reciprocal mileage earning and redemption privileges.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:19 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
That's great news! So it seems that Oct 30 is the line-in-the-sand for when we might get an earning chart for 9W flights?

It's interesting that 9W has had a DL earning chart up for some time but DL does not...

Last edited by N515CR; Sep 27, 2016 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Jet is adding a flight from CDG to BOM. Hopefully an overnight, so one can connect within India during daylight hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.