Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C W
I have never heard of this restriction. Any examples?
I think right now there is no real difference, but for some time, United lounges were in Priority Pass but not accessible to "Select" cardholders. (Now, United is totally out of PP.)
Old May 21, 2017, 6:52 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I think right now there is no real difference, but for some time, United lounges were in Priority Pass but not accessible to "Select" cardholders. (Now, United is totally out of PP.)
Interesting, thanks! The link in your signature is broken, btw.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:23 pm

Well that sucks, I've used escape lounge a number of times in MSP and have a 3+ hour layover in MSP coming up in july..
Old May 21, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Donna49
I just received an e-mail from PP updating lounge info, and this:

USA
Minneapolis/St. Paul MN Intl (MSP)
Escape Lounge
5/19/2017
Please note effective 15JUN17, the Escape Lounge in Terminal 1 will no longer be part of the program.

Sorry to see it leave PP. I made it in several times and greatly enjoyed time there.

Looks like all Escape Lounges have joined the AmEx Global Lounge Program

http://www.escapelounges.com/us-esca...rican-express/
This is terribly disappointing for me. I'm a frequent visitor with my PP membership — it was a huge benefit for me.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Won't MSP once again be the only DL hub to have no PP lounge? Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens with crowding. On all my recent visits it's been tough to find a table. I wonder if AmEx is guaranteeing certain revenue for for Escape to go exclusive, as I'm sure entries will decline at least somewhat.

On another note, a few weeks ago the music was alternating between songs from the Garden State soundtrack and selections from Ryan Adams' T-Swift covers. Something more generic last time, though.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Won't MSP once again be the only DL hub to have no PP lounge? Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens with crowding. On all my recent visits it's been tough to find a table. I wonder if AmEx is guaranteeing certain revenue for for Escape to go exclusive, as I'm sure entries will decline at least somewhat.

On another note, a few weeks ago the music was alternating between songs from the Garden State soundtrack and selections from Ryan Adams' T-Swift covers. Something more generic last time, though.
Pretty sure SLC doesn't have one either.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:09 pm
C W

I'm a little confused as to which US-based Delta fliers are PP members but not Amex Platinum members. Unless for some reason you simply cannot qualify for the card, paying out of pocket for PP is a very poor value and the Platinum is a far better premium card for a Delta flier than the CSR or Citi Prestige since you get SkyClub access and Delta mileage transfers.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by C W
I'm a little confused as to which US-based Delta fliers are PP members but not Amex Platinum members. Unless for some reason you simply cannot qualify for the card, paying out of pocket for PP is a very poor value and the Platinum is a far better premium card for a Delta flier than the CSR or Citi Prestige since you get SkyClub access and Delta mileage transfers.
However, if you're a DM or have the Reserve card, you already have SC access, so it might make sense to diversity and get a different card.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:27 pm
C W

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, if you're a DM or have the Reserve card, you already have SC access, so it might make sense to diversity and get a different card.
Makes sense. Although seems as though those people would also not care so much about PP lounges at all Delta hubs since they have SC access already. That being said, I can see MSP as a clear outlier due to the quality of the Escape Lounge.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Makes sense. Although seems as though those people would also not care so much about PP lounges at all Delta hubs since they have SC access already. That being said, I can see MSP as a clear outlier due to the quality of the Escape Lounge.
I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has better perks for me than the Amex. CSR comes with PP.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:50 pm
C W

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which has better perks for me than the Amex. CSR comes with PP.
I also have the CSR. Interesting that you find it has better perks. I essentially see it as a $150 VISA that comes with Priority Pass after the travel credit. Only other notable features are travel insurance and 1.5c/point travel redemptions. Amex has way more lounges, Hilton Gold, Starwood/Marriott Gold, bunch of rental car statuses, and Boingo. Each to their own though, I suppose. The Chase transfer partners are not useful to me, maybe they are to you.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by C W
I hold the DL reserve, Citi prestige, and CSR, but not the plat card.

Prestige makes me money every year with the hotel credit. CSR I just signed up for the bonus, but the 3x on restaurants is significant as I eat out a lot.

As for the main topic, I'm not terribly sad to see escape lounges leave PP, rarely had any good food offerings and they were often out of their complimentary liquors.
Old May 21, 2017, 11:26 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
Originally Posted by C W
I also have the CSR. Interesting that you find it has better perks. I essentially see it as a $150 VISA that comes with Priority Pass after the travel credit. Only other notable features are travel insurance and 1.5c/point travel redemptions. Amex has way more lounges, Hilton Gold, Starwood/Marriott Gold, bunch of rental car statuses, and Boingo. Each to their own though, I suppose. The Chase transfer partners are not useful to me, maybe they are to you.
Based in MN, I use DL a lot but not exclusively. I have gotten pretty sick of AmEx customer service in the past year or more. Currently I have both the AmEx Platinum and the CSR. I plan to dump the AmEx Platinum before the next renewal. Benefits of CSR are better for me too than the Platinum card and Chase Customer Service seems much better.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by C W
The rewards match my spending — 3% on travel and eating out, which turns into 4.5% if redeemed for travel. That's a big one, and then the travel insurance is a notch above what Amex offers. Which is particularly helpful for my family.

It's not head-and-shoulders better, but it does fit me better. FWIW.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Pretty much every high-AF card comes with a PP membership these days. The CSR flooded the market to the point that many lounges are denying PP access due to space constraints. AS in particular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.