Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DLERT
About that restroom issue:

other than the restroom being in the hallway

Was the restroom outside the lounge having to leave and re-enter the lounge ?
Was the restroom standard airport public fare in a high volume use area ?
Not so bad if in an isolated corridor somewhat away from the masses.
It is outside the lounge, so you get a key to renter the lounge via a side door. The bathroom is a small out of the way one so I don't think many people would use it other than the lounge passengers.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:34 am

I'll be going through MSP tomorrow with a 5 hour layover, would you all recommend this @ $40 (prepaid option) or the skyclub @ $29 (delta amex price)?

thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by devans999
I'll be going through MSP tomorrow with a 5 hour layover, would you all recommend this @ $40 (prepaid option) or the skyclub @ $29 (delta amex price)?

thanks.
Escape lounge for sure. It's not even close.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WWads
Escape lounge for sure. It's not even close.
Definitely. And the staff are probably some of the best I've met anywhere, and personally recognize me when I walk in the door. ..Talk about service!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:47 am

Perfect, thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
Cool.. The Escape Lounge in MSP takes Priority Pass....
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skyrider117
Cool.. The Escape Lounge in MSP takes Priority Pass....
Yes indeed, although this was not true when they first opened.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Dang I was at MSP yesterday and was contemplating trying this lounge out but didn't have that much time until my AA flight back to LGA to justify paying.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Dang I was at MSP yesterday and was contemplating trying this lounge out but didn't have that much time until my AA flight back to LGA to justify paying.
It's very convenient for AA and UA flights.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I had a half hour to be in there, still paid the $25. Stupid decision? Maybe. Worth it? Yes.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

During the DL meltdown, I was very glad to be here rather than in one of the SCs. It reminded me of my retreat to wait for a DL flight at NRT in the nice empty quiet and relaxing AF SALON (RIP) rather than a crazy tense SC on the day after the shoe bomber tried his stunt.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:28 pm

An update, just to confirm the recommendations above were spot on. I'm not a skyclub regular by any means, but been in enough in MSP, ATL & DTW to get the idea. Food is much better, way less crowded, the internet is great (streaming netflix HD no problem), and very comfortable. For those paying, it's definitely worth the extra 11 bucks.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

For additional and more substantial food choices, you can order from a menu and pay in addition to the free buffet. IIRC you can also purchase higher quality wines too. There's a bartender in this lounge. For comparison, at MSP the F/G SC has bartenders and some luxury bar selections, but so far the C SC is self service alcohol.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For additional and more substantial food choices, you can order from a menu and pay in addition to the free buffet. IIRC you can also purchase higher quality wines too. There's a bartender in this lounge. For comparison, at MSP the F/G SC has bartenders and some luxury bar selections, but so far the C SC is self service alcohol.
Is the general consensus that this lounge is better than the SkyClubs? I'm going to have ~ 3 hours to kill with the family (0900~1200, give or take) before a flight to HND. Certainly time to lounge hop, but the kids usually prefer to just camp out in one place.

Jamie
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Is the general consensus that this lounge is better than the SkyClubs? I'm going to have ~ 3 hours to kill with the family (0900~1200, give or take) before a flight to HND. Certainly time to lounge hop, but the kids usually prefer to just camp out in one place.

Jamie
I'm checking it out for the first time Wednesday. Have lots of experience with the F/G SkyClub. I'll report back, if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.