Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2015, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
This seems a somewhat appropriate thread to mention another MSP amenity that began sometime this fall. It's not significant enough to warrant a separate thread, but worth noting.

Mill City Tavern and some of the other food vendors at the end of the G concourse are now serving Caffe Vita coffee and espresso drinks. It's a Seattle company that was my favorite (and that of many Seattleites) in my Seattle days. They've had an airport location in SEA for a while; it's great to find it in MSP too.
I'm sorry but I'm a local Caribou coffee fan. It's been available in the MSP airport for as long as I can remember, so probably at least about 25 years.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm sorry but I'm a local Caribou coffee fan. It's been available in the MSP airport for as long as I can remember, so probably at least about 25 years.

You are close, but Caribou Coffee has been at MSP since '95.
So about 20 years.

http://cariboumsp.com
Welcome to Caribou MSP Airport. We’ve been proudly helping travelers from around the world Stay Awake for their flights since 1995.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 11:22 am

There is a price break of $20 off through the end of January. I am thinking about trying it out at that price since American Airlines does not have a club in MSP.

http://www.escapelounges.com
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some people from the stranded BA 747 (LHR-MEX, MX diversion to MSP, IIRC on January 1st) reported paying to use this lounge for $20-25 per person. The reports weren't glowing but said that it was better than waiting at the gate. BTW, it wasn't comped by BA/AA even for top tier elites in FC.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 4:13 pm
VF7

Programs: AA EP, HY GLOB
I've been told that the $25 offer has been extended through Feb and that priority pass is probably coming in March. Visited before my AA flight and there were 9 MAC employees and 0 other guests. They really need priority pass.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Originally Posted by VF7
I've been told that the $25 offer has been extended through Feb and that priority pass is probably coming in March. Visited before my AA flight and there were 9 MAC employees and 0 other guests. They really need priority pass.
I hope that (priority pass) is true... I MSP based and not been yet... I have a skyclub membership and use that.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM
I found this page online https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-Escape-Lounge

Could this be a sign that the Escape lounge in MSP will be part of Priority Pass soon?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:04 pm

I stopped by two weeks ago and the person at the desk said there were aiming for April, but obviously they've pushed back before.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
[QUOTE=santastico;25826730]Being based at MSP the only way I would use this lounge is if they become part of Priority Pass. There is no way I would pay $45 for probably less than 2 hours while I wait for my flight if I can go to a Delta lounge for free as a perk of my Amex Platinum.

^ +1

I have too many "free" entries to lounges (PP, Amex Platinum, etc) to pay $45 to hang out for an hour or two.

Especially when the $45 fee does NOT cover ALL alcohol, just sounds like they are nickle and dimeing you like the Delta, United, AA, etc. lounges.

Rather spend that $45 (if I would spend it), on the "premium bar" where I get free entry.

Food dosent matter to me, I can just go eat in the terminal.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:26 am

No restrooms?
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL PM
I asked today (4/1/16) about Priority Pass... The greeter in the mall smiled and said 'Not yet'
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrn0363
I asked today (4/1/16) about Priority Pass... The greeter in the mall smiled and said 'Not yet'
I don't understand why this is taking so long given that their other lounges are PP. It's not like they're unfamiliar with how the system works or the contract terms.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by mrn0363
I found this page online https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...-Escape-Lounge

Could this be a sign that the Escape lounge in MSP will be part of Priority Pass soon?
When I go there, I get this:

"THIS LOUNGE IS NO LONGER IN THE PLAN"

That's certainly not a promising sign.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 10:07 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by TheMoose
When I go there, I get this:

"THIS LOUNGE IS NO LONGER IN THE PLAN"

That's certainly not a promising sign.
Actually, since it has never accepted Priority Pass, I take this as a promising sign... that this is a placeholder page that's been created and will go live once the agreement is in place.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 2:01 pm
VF7

Programs: AA EP, HY GLOB
Still no concrete info as of today. Same line, we are in talks with priority pass. Said they could let me in for $15 if I only stayed an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.