Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
It was really nice — and it has a lot of little touches that make it a good place to relax before a flight. It definitely seems more relaxed than the F/G SkyClub. The food is good, but not especially ubiquitous — at least at breakfast. I haven't yet experienced the afternoon spreads. The booze is solid as well.

If all is equal, I'd probably choose based on which is closest to my gate and/or which I haven't been to most recently.
Many thanks for report, I appreciate you taking the time. Seems like it should be relaxing, as I have something approaching three hours to kill.

Best, Jamie
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Looks like they going to upgrade the food offerings...
http://http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2017/01/03/strip-club-chef-cooks-up-new-menu-for-msp-airport.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2017-01-03&u=11244921284f033ffa75e580009371&t=1483499231&j =76952671
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
I'm sorry, but I think this warrants me letting out my inner child.

Yippeee!...

Can't wait to try out the new buffet offerings
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Well, this is tremendous news. I'll be in for dinner next Tuesday and will report back.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 10:23 pm

There's a Groupon deal for the lounge:
1 admission for $29 or 2 admissions for $55

https://www.groupon.com/deals/mag-usa
Old Mar 8, 2017, 8:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Visiting this lounge for the first time (PP/CSR )

Feels surprisingly uncrowded, and lives up to my expectations based on recent reports. The only oddity being the lack of a restroom.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak
Visiting this lounge for the first time (PP/CSR )

Feels surprisingly uncrowded, and lives up to my expectations based on recent reports. The only oddity being the lack of a restroom.
Yeah it's really close by, but not dedicated to the lounge. At least it's not heavily used.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM (NW+DL) FI Gold
Escape Lounge leaving PP

I just received an e-mail from PP updating lounge info, and this:

USA
Minneapolis/St. Paul MN Intl (MSP)
Escape Lounge
5/19/2017
Please note effective 15JUN17, the Escape Lounge in Terminal 1 will no longer be part of the program.

Sorry to see it leave PP. I made it in several times and greatly enjoyed time there.

Looks like all Escape Lounges have joined the AmEx Global Lounge Program

http://www.escapelounges.com/us-esca...rican-express/

Last edited by Donna49; May 20, 2017 at 11:46 pm Reason: add link to AmEx
Old May 20, 2017, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Donna49

USA
Escape Lounge
5/19/2017
Please note effective 15JUN17, the Escape Lounge in Terminal 1 will no longer be part of the program.

Sorry to see it leave PP. I made it in several times and greatly enjoyed time there.
I wonder if this is connected to the recent announcement that the Amex Platinum card can now be used to access the Escape-branded lounges.

Maybe Amex is working to create its own competitor to PP.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:02 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Donna49

USA
Escape Lounge
5/19/2017

Looks like all Escape Lounges have joined the AmEx Global Lounge Program

http://www.escapelounges.com/us-esca...rican-express/
Too bad, since I was planning on getting rid of my AmEx platinum card and switching to the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Probably still will do that in spite of the exit of the Escape lounge from the PP program.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WWads
I wonder if this is connected to the recent announcement that the Amex Platinum card can now be used to access the Escape-branded lounges.

If so, AmEx has a long way to go. I would be very unhappy to trade my PP lounge membership for only the Centurion and Escape lounges. Adding the handful of The Club locations wouldn't help much either.

OTOH, if I go back to buying a PP membership, I wouldn't have to worry about which PP lounges can't be accessed with a Select PP membership.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:33 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by WWads

I don't think that Amex is trying to create its own competitor to PP, but rather to build a portfolio of offerings that other premium cards can't easily compete with, namely the CSR. I see this as a positive development for Amex as they try and keep the Platinum a truly premium offering with a plethora of benefits, as compared to the CSR which is basically a $150/year PP membership after the travel credit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amex's contract with Escape included their agreeing to withdraw from PP as this gives Amex a distinct competitive advantage among flyers who regularly traverse airports with Escape lounges as compared to any other card offering Priority Pass.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If so, AmEx has a long way to go. I would be very unhappy to trade my PP lounge membership for only the Centurion and Escape lounges. Adding the handful of The Club locations wouldn't help much either.

OTOH, if I go back to buying a PP membership, I wouldn't have to worry about which PP lounges can't be accessed with a Select PP membership.
The Club is PP's own lounge brand, I believe.

This could very well be the beginning of a bidding war between Amex and PP for 3rd-party lounges. I for one welcome the competition, since it should mean lounge improvements, along with better access policies.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz

Indeed.
Old May 21, 2017, 9:19 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I have never heard of this restriction. Any examples?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.