Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
MSP "Escape Lounge" open

This is the private lounge that was announced earlier. It's on the mezzanine level at the entrance to Concourse E in Terminal 1 (Lindburgh).

Prices are $45 for adults ($40 if purchased in advance online) and $38 ($30 in advance) for kids 6-11. The T&C say that kids under 6 aren't admitted and those 12 and over pay the adult rates. This permits a three hour visit.

The pictures look good. Food is served, including wine in real wine glasses (I couldn't see the label on the bottle). The place offers standard lounge facilities like wifi, but there's no indication of showers.

Hours are 4 am to 9 pm.

The website is a bit vague about charges for drinks. They do have a complimentary food menu and mention that other items are available for purchase. There's also mention of a Premium Charge for Premium Facilities, which means a wider selection of F&B but no details are provided.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 7, 2015 at 9:38 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I'll be at MSP this afternoon and will try to check it out and report back here.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hhonors Diamond
http://www.escapelounges.com/msp-lounge/
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Looks like the menu is much better than UA or Delta clubs I've been in.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:23 am

Any idea if they will be part of Priority Pass?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by santastico
Any idea if they will be part of Priority Pass?
MSP isn't on the PP lounge locations map, so I would assume no, but it might be a matter of updating the PP website.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:47 am

Escape Lounges accept Priority Pass in other parts of the world so I hope they do the same for the one at MSP.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
MSP isn't on the PP lounge locations map, so I would assume no, but it might be a matter of updating the PP website.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
MSP "Escape Lounge" opens today

Not on the latest PP update... I just downloaded it and looked. Hopefully soon, I like options!
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:53 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
I hope they are added to the PP list. There appears to be some Escape Lounges that are part of the PP network - hope MSP is as well.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Very nice lounge amazing runway views

This is a very nice lounge. Will have a full post up tomorrow (link live on my blog now).

They are "soft open" now with official open in January.

They are working to be a Priority Pass lounge (& other programs) but not in place as of today.

Amazing twin runway views. Could stay here all day. I can promise you this lounge will mean less crowded Sky Clubs (cuz more will come here)! ^

Last edited by Renes Points; Dec 8, 2015 at 12:02 pm Reason: added link to my review
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:53 am

Being based at MSP the only way I would use this lounge is if they become part of Priority Pass. There is no way I would pay $45 for probably less than 2 hours while I wait for my flight if I can go to a Delta lounge for free as a perk of my Amex Platinum.

[QUOTE=Renes Points;25826435]
Old Dec 7, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
This permits a three hour visit.
So do they assign a timer to everyone and come yank you out if you overstay? Hilarious.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hockeystl
So do they assign a timer to everyone and come yank you out if you overstay? Hilarious.
I have no idea how this is enforced, but many overseas lounges (especially in Asia) have stated time limits. Maybe they charge a second fee upon exit if you stayed too long.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:09 pm

I looked at the new lounge today. As others have said, it's very attractive, with wonderful views and a wide array of food, much better than the Sky Club.

The entry fee does not cover all alcoholic beverages; there are extra costs for the premium drinks. I rarely drink myself, so didn't feel qualified to assess the options.

They do not have showers.

As noted above, they don't accept Priority Pass. The entry agent said "Not now." That implied maybe later, but may just have been a softer way of saying "No."

Last edited by CarmenOM; Dec 7, 2015 at 8:14 pm
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

New coffee brand at MSP

This seems a somewhat appropriate thread to mention another MSP amenity that began sometime this fall. It's not significant enough to warrant a separate thread, but worth noting.

Mill City Tavern and some of the other food vendors at the end of the G concourse are now serving Caffe Vita coffee and espresso drinks. It's a Seattle company that was my favorite (and that of many Seattleites) in my Seattle days. They've had an airport location in SEA for a while; it's great to find it in MSP too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.