Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I'm checking it out for the first time Wednesday. Have lots of experience with the F/G SkyClub. I'll report back, if that helps.
I sincerely appreciate the effort. I'm not flying until next summer. Delta is not my usual TPAC airline, but the lure of flying into HND (in J) beats out JL to NRT in J. (I'll have some soul searching to do in the event JL F opens up).

Many thanks, and safe travels - Jamie
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Is the general consensus that this lounge is better than the SkyClubs? I'm going to have ~ 3 hours to kill with the family (0900~1200, give or take) before a flight to HND. Certainly time to lounge hop, but the kids usually prefer to just camp out in one place.

Jamie
I see pros and cons. For lavatories, you must leave the lounge, although the public restrooms located near the lounge don't seem very public.

MSP also seems to have a PGA (as in golf) lounge if it wasn't removed after the Ryder Cup ended. This could be fun for something a bit different if it's not too expensive.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:14 am

I got a chance to visit the lounge over the last couple of weeks and I really like it. I have both the Sky Club and Club memberships but if I am in MSP again and don't need the services that SC offers, i will spend some time there.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see pros and cons. For lavatories, you must leave the lounge, although the public restrooms located near the lounge don't seem very public.

MSP also seems to have a PGA (as in golf) lounge if it wasn't removed after the Ryder Cup ended. This could be fun for something a bit different if it's not too expensive.
I could simply use the lavs in the SC

Yeah, I know, a long walk.

Definitely appreciate you chiming in. Safe travels, Jamie
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by ross123
I got a chance to visit the lounge over the last couple of weeks and I really like it. I have both the Sky Club and Club memberships but if I am in MSP again and don't need the services that SC offers, i will spend some time there.
Helpful. Is there anything besides lavs and flight assistance that the SC offers that Escape does not?

Just want to make sure there isn't a noodle bar or cabana that I'm forgetting about. Oh wait, that's HKG...
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Helpful. Is there anything besides lavs and flight assistance that the SC offers that Escape does not?

Just want to make sure there isn't a noodle bar or cabana that I'm forgetting about. Oh wait, that's HKG...
My impression is that the SCs have more electrical outlets. I remember having to change seats to find a place with an outlet that my cord would reach.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:26 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Much better. Great service. Bottled waters. Ice-cold sparkling wine.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Much better. Great service. Bottled waters. Ice-cold sparkling wine.
You started to lose me at bottled water.

But then you rallied - big time - with sparkling wine. Ice-cold, no less.

Bravo on a job well done.

Jamie
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
You started to lose me at bottled water.

But then you rallied - big time - with sparkling wine. Ice-cold, no less.

Bravo on a job well done.

Jamie
They have a fair share of outlets. My favorite parts of the lounge are the full size couches which kinda double as daybeds as well as the hushpods. I haven't had a single issue with outlets, and as far as the food goes, it's far superior to what you'll get in the SC and there's premium food for purchase if the complimentary options aren't enough. Plus, the views, everyone here has to agree that they destroy the SC on this -no questions asked.

Also, I don't get why people hate the lavs, they'res never anyone in them; cause, who would go out of their way to go from the concourse, onto the mezzanine just to go to the bathroom -it'd make no sense. OTOH, I've also heard some people joking about problems with the stall doors in the SC lavs .
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
They have a fair share of outlets. My favorite parts of the lounge are the full size couches which kinda double as daybeds as well as the hushpods. I haven't had a single issue with outlets, and as far as the food goes, it's far superior to what you'll get in the SC and there's premium food for purchase if the complimentary options aren't enough. Plus, the views, everyone here has to agree that they destroy the SC on this -no questions asked.

Also, I don't get why people hate the lavs, they'res never anyone in them; cause, who would go out of their way to go from the concourse, onto the mezzanine just to go to the bathroom -it'd make no sense. OTOH, I've also heard some people joking about problems with the stall doors in the SC lavs .
The issue I had with the scarcity of outlets was at the bench seating with dining tables, along the windows and near the F&B. This was a day when it seemed that all of the sofas were occupied by either groups or sleepers.

BTW, there are airport monitors in the lounge showing flight status, IIRC for all Terminal 1 departures but definitely including DL flights. [I don't think flights using Terminal 2 are displayed, but I'm not sure about that.]
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The issue I had with the scarcity of outlets was at the bench seating with dining tables, along the windows and near the F&B. This was a day when it seemed that all of the sofas were occupied by either groups or sleepers.

BTW, there are airport monitors in the lounge showing flight status, IIRC for all Terminal 1 departures but definitely including DL flights. [I don't think flights using Terminal 2 are displayed, but I'm not sure about that.]
Really, I had no issue with that, they should be along the wall, just are kinda' tucked out of the way. Could've sworn my first time I was there I plugged in my laptop at one of those booths, but I could be wrong. Also, I've noticed they don't seem to care about unattended baggage. When I got up with bags in hand to head to the lav prior, the person at the desk got surprised and said I should've just left my stuff by where I was sitting and offered to keep it with her by the desk.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Really, I had no issue with that, they should be along the wall, just are kinda' tucked out of the way. Could've sworn my first time I was there I plugged in my laptop at one of those booths, but I could be wrong. Also, I've noticed they don't seem to care about unattended baggage. When I got up with bags in hand to head to the lav prior, the person at the desk got surprised and said I should've just left my stuff by where I was sitting and offered to keep it with her by the desk.
I remember needing to change booths to get power. IIRC not all booths had outlets and of those that did, not all of them were located where my short cord could reach. I ended up using a booth, but I had to pick one that worked for me.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:52 pm

Is it possible to use this lounge while flying out of T2 on SW flight?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by milesjjcc
Is it possible to use this lounge while flying out of T2 on SW flight?
The Escape lounge is in T1. While technically possible, it certainly isn't practical as the two terminals are not easily connected.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
I sincerely appreciate the effort. I'm not flying until next summer. Delta is not my usual TPAC airline, but the lure of flying into HND (in J) beats out JL to NRT in J. (I'll have some soul searching to do in the event JL F opens up).

Many thanks, and safe travels - Jamie
It was really nice — and it has a lot of little touches that make it a good place to relax before a flight. It definitely seems more relaxed than the F/G SkyClub. The food is good, but not especially ubiquitous — at least at breakfast. I haven't yet experienced the afternoon spreads. The booze is solid as well.

If all is equal, I'd probably choose based on which is closest to my gate and/or which I haven't been to most recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.