Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP "Escape Lounge" open

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by TTT
Yes it is. They scanned both my PP card and my BP.
thank you!
Old May 24, 2016, 9:11 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teddy25
thank you!
Curious what PP lounges haven't scanned a BP? All the ones I have used (admittedly small sample) have asked for both my card and my BP.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TTT
Curious what PP lounges haven't scanned a BP? All the ones I have used (admittedly small sample) have asked for both my card and my BP.
That's what they're supposed to do, but for whatever reason (maybe an airport worker wanting a free happy hour?) the person seems to be asking whether a boarding pass is needed to use PP at this lounge.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Some lounges require an actual boarding pass, not merely a seat request card. (The latter will get you through Security Theater.)
Old May 24, 2016, 9:47 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sethb
Some lounges require an actual boarding pass, not merely a seat request card. (The latter will get you through Security Theater.)
Good to know - thanks!
Old May 29, 2016, 9:21 am

Now that Escape Lounge at MSP is Priority Pass affiliated, I spent about 90 minutes in the place yesterday late morning before an American flight home. Had stopped by earlier in the week just to see the setup and plan ahead. Nice lounge and at least on that day nearly empty so good choice of seating, easy access to the lunch options and the bartender delivered an above average bloody mary to my table.

For the person who asked "no restrooms?" they actually have them but oddly located just outside the lounge through a card-controlled door. They give you a card on a lanyard to get back into the lounge. Nothing special about the restrooms but also not public access airport restrooms either.

As others noted only some beer, wine and spirits are free but I guess I'm not very particular so it was fine for me. Lunch was roast beef and cheese sliders, pretty decent salad options, soup, cheeses and meats, etc. Having just been in the Amex Centurion club in DFW a few days before, obviously the Escape Lounge isn't on that level for any aspect, but the new MSP option was a fantastic addition for me since I go through that airport several times a year and not always on Delta.

Wifi was solid. The urn coffee was just OK but the specialty coffee machine did a better than average Americano.

If I didn't have PP it's not likely I would pay $40 or even half that unless I had a very long layover at MSP and didn't have Delta club access that day. But in my situation it's a no-brainer. Great addition!
Old May 29, 2016, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can anyone compare this lounge to the UA lounge at MSP?

I assume it's fair to say that it's not as good as The Club at ATL, so that if someone is paying a PP admission fee for each PP lounge visit, it might not be worth paying the $29 or whatever to get into this lounge at MSP unless one is otherwise facing a long wait with no (other) lounge access.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: DL GM
Flying a non-DL itinerary next month and looking forward to trying this place as a PP member.
Old May 30, 2016, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
Flying a non-DL itinerary next month and looking forward to trying this place as a PP member.
You know you can go in flying any airline including Delta. I will go here every time vs Sky Club downstairs. :-:^

Plus, I will be looking at MSP as a connection point much more vs ATL due to this change.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: I've gone dormant. For now.
Not sure if this is news to anyone, but I was able to use it as an arrival lounge yesterday for a quick snack and cup of coffee. They do need same day boarding pass. Staff was great again, and it was quiet (maybe 8-10 people inside). I spent about 20 minutes in the lounge, and when I went down to grab my bag it hadn't come off the belt yet (AA priority bag).
Old May 30, 2016, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can anyone compare this lounge to the UA lounge at MSP?

I assume it's fair to say that it's not as good as The Club at ATL, so that if someone is paying a PP admission fee for each PP lounge visit, it might not be worth paying the $29 or whatever to get into this lounge at MSP unless one is otherwise facing a long wait with no (other) lounge access.
I was in Escape lounge on Friday and IMHO it is so much better than The Club at ATL. First, there was almost no one there, while the two times I was at ATL it was quite a zoo. I also thought that the food was better. Perhaps it felt more neat and thus I was not grossed out by the food. I could not eat the food at the Club in ATL, it felt very unsanitary.

I will start going to Escape instead of Sky club every time I fly out of MSP from now on.
Old May 30, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The Club at ATL does not serve sandwiches until 2:30pm. They also block of a section for BA passengers in the evening.

How's the food here? Was debating between this place or the SkyClub.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
That's what they're supposed to do, but for whatever reason (maybe an airport worker wanting a free happy hour?) the person seems to be asking whether a boarding pass is needed to use PP at this lounge.
Here are what the Priority Pass Conditions of Use Say:

18. Admittance to lounges is strictly subject to cardholders and any guests, if permitted, being in possession of a valid flight ticket and travel documents for the same day of travel. Airline, airport and other travel industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets may not be eligible for access. Outside the US, flight tickets must be accompanied by a valid boarding pass for a departing flight, i.e. outbound passengers only.
So, outside of the US, you must have a DEPARTING boarding pass. Inside the US, you can be arriving or departing.

(See: https://www.prioritypass.com/en/conditions-of-use)
Old May 31, 2016, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

I'm sure I've used some overseas PP lounges upon arrival. These were obviously at airports where either the lounge was landside or where arriving and departing passengers weren't segregated by the airport's security system, such as at SIN and formerly at AMS. I seem to recall a landside PP lounge or two in T2 at NRT, up on a sort of mezzanine level that was hard to find.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:41 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I'm sure I've used some overseas PP lounges upon arrival. These were obviously at airports where either the lounge was landside or where arriving and departing passengers weren't segregated by the airport's security system, such as at SIN and formerly at AMS. I seem to recall a landside PP lounge or two in T2 at NRT, up on a sort of mezzanine level that was hard to find.
I absolutely have too. I'm sure most of the PP lounges are happy to take the extra revenue from all comers. But for lounges that are more sticklers about capacity, they may choose to strictly enforce the requirement. (I've rarely had PP lounges ask for a boarding pass, but it happens from time to time.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.