Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Crackerpup
I suppose if Delta isn't going to tell front line folks about a new pilot program that's clearly visible to customers, someone needs to let them know so they're prepared for the inevitable questions they'll get. Setting up the front line people for success can only improve the customer experience.

Word is getting out across the tubes, it seems. Jalopnik has it
Old Nov 4, 2011, 3:30 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Also, are you suggesting that instead of surprise and delight they should either offer Porsches to everyone or perhaps no one? I can see how they learned quickly the drink coupons which were to be a surprise became expected every time, but not sure how the Porsche can have a "cool factor" if its a defined perk.
No I'm suggesting this program has Targeted customers whose loyalty delta wants to assure. Instead of trying to shove something under a rug or play like they aren't sure of the uses is just a lie. I dislike lying and half truth's.

Originally Posted by andymo99
500k MQM YTD? How many of those are rollover?

I suppose with rollover continuing each year, people could eventually amass millions of MQM each year.
Less than 150k.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:38 pm

For KM, we get to keep the Porsche.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Huge Valium Consumer?
Highly Vain Customer.

David
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:33 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Huge Valium Consumer?
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Highly Vain Customer.
You are both incorrect.

HVC is a type of white plastic pipe used for plumbing instead of copper.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL gold; UA - 1k; AA gold; Marriott Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; SPG gold; Groupon Falcon;
Originally Posted by TTT
Just curious, how do the logistics of this work? Presumably there is more than one person in LH's F cabin so are there multiple Mercedes waiting by the plane?
There can be.

A couple of years ago, I was on a DEL-FRA-IAD F award itinerary, with DEL-FRA scheduled on LH and FRA-IAD on UA. DEL was socked in with winter fog, and with a five hour wait on the tarmac, I misconnected. LH resceduled me on an LH FRA-IAD flight.

I should misconnect more often.

They had a few sedans waiting on the tarmac for F pax, and mine took me first to the terminal to go through a US-compliant security procedure, and then back out to the tarmac for my departure. The whole thing took perhaps 20 minutes, and the FRA-IAD left pretty much as I got settled in my seat.

If US carriers seriously care to compete for high revenue customers (as opposed to having F sections filled with non-rev employees), this is how they must up the ante.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You are both incorrect.

HVC is a type of white plastic pipe used for plumbing instead of copper.
PVC.
"Plastics. There's a great future in plastics. Think about it."

The future of PVC is recycling into other use, be it a pipe or an airline pax in a car. (Porsche-value-customer?) Just don't put those pipes, pax or Porsches in a landfill and destroy our environment.

Last edited by PRWeezer; Nov 4, 2011 at 8:34 pm
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
how does Delta get a Porche on ANY of its planes from Germany to Atlanta? Also, I'm a little surprised Porche isn't using Lufthansa.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Also, I'm a little surprised Porche isn't using Lufthansa.
The deal is with Porsche's North American subsidiary, which is headquartered in Atlanta (very near to the airport, in fact). And Delta has a 25+ year history in STR, with long-term relationships with the auto industry there (the main Porsche factory in in Zuffenhausen, just outside Stuttgart):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXKp00mHmPk
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:06 am

Why do you need to know exactly who is targeted? The sense of entitlement in this thread is unbelievable.

It's just a tack on of an existing program.

Now would be cool if an airline tried selling this on a per flight basis as a VIP package -- a trumped up version of AA Five Star. But I guess that's Air Elite.

Save some extra $ a month and get yourself a used one for the parking garage. $25k for an '01 911. If you like being associated with one a lot more "mileage" out of having one to drive home than bickering about whether youll get one for the 5 min drive from the gate.

Originally Posted by Vuelos
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Also, are you suggesting that instead of surprise and delight they should either offer Porsches to everyone or perhaps no one? I can see how they learned quickly the drink coupons which were to be a surprise became expected every time, but not sure how the Porsche can have a "cool factor" if its a defined perk.
No I'm suggesting this program has Targeted customers whose loyalty delta wants to assure. Instead of trying to shove something under a rug or play like they aren't sure of the uses is just a lie. I dislike lying and half truth's.

Originally Posted by andymo99
500k MQM YTD? How many of those are rollover?

I suppose with rollover continuing each year, people could eventually amass millions of MQM each year.
Less than 150k.

Last edited by cerealmarketer; Nov 5, 2011 at 7:36 am
Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Why do you need to know exactly who is targeted? The sense of entitlement in this thread is unbelievable.
I don't know if it is a sense of entitlement as much as a desire to understand the "rules" so they can be taken advantage of. One of the main purposes of FT is to get the maximum benefit out of the FF programs for a minimal cost. This requires a comprehensive understanding of the program rules so they can be opportunistically used to favor the member. I'm convinced that's why there's an uproar anytime there's a program change that's not immediately disclosed in excruciating detail to the FT community: the members can't figure out how to access the benefit on a consistent basis at the lowest possible cost.

On second thought I don't know what's better: having a sense of entitlement or being a gamer.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
HVC flash point

Huge Valium Consumer?
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Highly Vain Customer. David
Highly Volatile Chemical (flash point < 70 degrees F).

I've seen a few pax like that.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by sxf24
I'm convinced that's why there's an uproar anytime there's a program change that's not immediately disclosed in excruciating detail to the FT community: the members can't figure out how to access the benefit on a consistent basis at the lowest possible cost.
Ding, ding -- yes. And once they figure it out it becomes an entitlement. Even if it wasn't economically rational for the service to continue in the manner it was being consumed after being 'gamed.' But that's another discussion...

Just wish people would just enjoy it and be positive about a new, free call option.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Ding, ding -- yes. And once they figure it out it becomes an entitlement. Even if it wasn't economically rational for the service to continue in the manner it was being consumed after being 'gamed.' But that's another discussion...

Just wish people would just enjoy it and be positive about a new, free call option.
I felt entitled to the little pink cars you used to get in Pink Panther Cereal. Once they quit putting them in there, I made Mummy buy me Frankenberry cause I liked it better. The little pink cars made Pink Panther taste better I guess...
Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:39 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I felt entitled to the little pink cars you used to get in Pink Panther Cereal. Once they quit putting them in there, I made Mummy buy me Frankenberry cause I liked it better. The little pink cars made Pink Panther taste better I guess...
Pink Panther had a cereal?!?

Next thing you know, Thomas Hudson, now a known cereal killer, will be talking about that elusive fourth cereal after Count Chocula — otherwise known as Cholula on FlyerTalk — Frankenberry and Boo Berry: Fruit Brute.

Perhaps each Porsche should be configured in the shape of each of the characters that represent the cereals listed above — or, even better yet, resemble the Mini Cooper or the Platinum Moo-dalion statue that Delta Air Lines has?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.