Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 12:51 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by mattking2000
Been trying to book a reward flight for an hour, and keep getting this no matter what city combination I put in:

It doesn't work for these cities (at least): BSL, GVA, ZRH, MXP, LIN, MUC, STR, FDH, INN, LHR, LON, LGW, LCY. I've tried flushing my cache, using a different device, etc.

This is making getting to the EDI Do that much more difficult...
Hi mattking....thanks for raising. We will investigate.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC
Ok this seems to be an issue with all departure cities:

I'm trying to use Book and Upgrade, booking in Premium with an upgrade on the return leg. No matter which depature city I try, the site keeps showing me Premium seats on the outbound but only economy seats on the return. Even if you try to select that combination, it tells you there's a systems issue.

Regardless, I want to book and upgrade, not book and downgrade
Old May 4, 2016, 1:00 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by thegoderic
Just browsing for a flight and got cracking error message:-

"Sorry we don't fly from Edinburgh to Houston. Continue to see prices for Edinburgh to Houston"
Update....message should of course say we don't fly Edinburgh to Houston Hobby....
We fly to IAH not HOU hence the confusing message. Will request a change to the wording.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 1:13 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by SCSA
Ok this seems to be an issue with all departure cities:

I'm trying to use Book and Upgrade, booking in Premium with an upgrade on the return leg. No matter which depature city I try, the site keeps showing me Premium seats on the outbound but only economy seats on the return. Even if you try to select that combination, it tells you there's a systems issue.

Regardless, I want to book and upgrade, not book and downgrade
Hi SCSA,
Can you PM dates/route?
I tried NYC from London and saw Club World offered on return albeit only on one flight for the date I selected. It then priced correctly. So, could be availability issue but subsequent response you saw definitely not good. PM the details including flight selected and we can check. Will try to recreate in the meantime.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 1:21 pm
Company Representative

Been trying to book a reward flight for an hour, and keep getting this no matter what city combination I put in:

It doesn't work for these cities (at least): BSL, GVA, ZRH, MXP, LIN, MUC, STR, FDH, INN, LHR, LON, LGW, LCY. I've tried flushing my cache, using a different device, etc.

Hi mattking...I've replicated your search parameters on my iPad and all looks fine. PM us with info on device, browser version etc and we will take a look.
Simon
Old May 4, 2016, 2:19 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Hi guys,

A question for you...

I tried to price up a flights and hotel combo last night MAN-JFK-SEA-LHR-MAN travelling 21/12 returning 6/1. I wanted to book a hotel for part of the trip (1 night on 21st) in SEA. BA.com asks me to enter the number of nights, ages of the kids, number of rooms etc. Then it just takes me to the buy travel page. No mention of a hotel at all.

I called up the Bronze line and they said that you can only do a package if the hotel matches the duration of the entire trip. This a) sounds wrong and b) what's the point?
Old May 4, 2016, 2:27 pm
Suspended

I have the same problem with Chrome. However, Internet Explorer works fine.
Old May 4, 2016, 3:55 pm

I've been trying to update the APIS for a forthcoming flight but keep getting an error returned saying something is incorrect,t. None of the fields are highlighted however to suggest anything is actually wrong.

The exact text is "We have found some problems with the details you have provided

There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit."
Attached Images  

Last edited by bobthemonkey; May 4, 2016 at 4:39 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 6:04 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Hi guys,

A question for you...

I tried to price up a flights and hotel combo last night MAN-JFK-SEA-LHR-MAN travelling 21/12 returning 6/1. I wanted to book a hotel for part of the trip (1 night on 21st) in SEA. BA.com asks me to enter the number of nights, ages of the kids, number of rooms etc. Then it just takes me to the buy travel page. No mention of a hotel at all.

I called up the Bronze line and they said that you can only do a package if the hotel matches the duration of the entire trip. This a) sounds wrong and b) what's the point?
Hi Tiger_lily.....thanks for the feedback. ba.com will shortly be updated with a new feature which allows packages to be booked where hotel is only needed for part of the trip. Take a look next week and tell us what you think.
In the meantime you can add a hotel to a flight only booking and vary the number of nights.
Simon
Old May 5, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Thanks Simon

Any plans to add the ability to book an AS redemption online at any point?
Old May 5, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by bobthemonkey
I've been trying to update the APIS for a forthcoming flight but keep getting an error returned saying something is incorrect,t. None of the fields are highlighted however to suggest anything is actually wrong.

The exact text is "We have found some problems with the details you have provided

There was a problem with the data you entered. Please check the data and resubmit."
I had this as well as the passport details not transferring...I have already pm'd BA Official.
I did find a work around for the 'problem with details'.
After checking everything and finding my inputs all present and correct I decided to shorten the address of first night stay(it only happened on a booking with a hotel address)
I just entered the hotel name, city etc and omitted the street details, worked perfectly.
Old May 5, 2016, 10:11 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BOH
What on earth is going on with ba.com??

Just tried to book my usual monthly LON-FRA-LON flights in economy, outbound on May 10th, return on May 11th and got this message:

Error

The class of travel that you have selected is not available on this route. Please select a different class of travel.

Seriously? There are NO economy seats at any time of the day between LHR/LCY and FRA over 2 days? Then when I try and select via the drop down box to go to business class, that no longer works. So only economy class exists between LON and FRA on those 2 days - but it is not available.
Hi...we believe this is fixed now. One of our servers was down and has now been restarted. Let us know if you continue to see the same response.
Simon
Old May 5, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Update....message should of course say we don't fly Edinburgh to Houston Hobby....
We fly to IAH not HOU hence the confusing message. Will request a change to the wording.
Simon
Yes, but I'd entered IAH into the destination field and the system had picked ing up as Bush, not Hobby.
Old May 5, 2016, 12:09 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by thegoderic
Yes, but I'd entered IAH into the destination field and the system had picked ing up as Bush, not Hobby.
Ok...thanks for that. Will look into it.
Simon
Old May 5, 2016, 12:21 pm
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Thanks Simon

Any plans to add the ability to book an AS redemption online at any point?
Hi Tiger_lily,
Sorry, no plans to do this at the moment. I'm double checking with my Alliance colleagues but my understanding is that Alaskan can't currently support the connectivity needed to enable this online. Redemptions on Alaskan can be booked via the Contact Centre however.
I will advise if I hear different.
Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.