Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Accor | ALL (Accor Live Limitless)
Reload this Page >

The "Please post your Le Club Elite experiences" 2013 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
This thread is for brief reports on stays by Le Club Gold and Platinum members at Accor group hotels. For fuller reviews, please search the forum to see whether the hotel already has its own thread. (If if it hasn't, you might consider starting one.)

Please copy and paste the following to format your reply:

- Name of the hotel:

- What is your Le Club status?

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

- How are the rooms?

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:

Bad:

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return?
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:58 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum

As last year post your mini review/experiences as Le Club Accorhotels silver/gold/platinum here. For full reviews please post in the existing thread or start a new one if the hotel does not show up in a search.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:52 am

What is your Le Club status?

Platinum - last months experience

Grand Ambassador Seoul - No benefits/upgrade - terrible club lounge.

Pullman Bangkok King Power - Benefits provided the same as a 'non status guest'

Sofitel Saigon Plaza - Bottle of wine in room before departure - nice staff in lounge as well.

Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok - No upgrade - downgrade of amenities though - Hermes replaced with L'occitane on second night - Unbelievable!
Great suite - but something is missing and I don't know what - other than me in the future.

Thankfully I have been accepted for status match with Priority Club - it cannot be any worse.

Last edited by passy777; Jan 7, 2013 at 12:02 pm
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by passy777
Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok - No upgrade - downgrade of amenities though - Hermes replaced with L'occitane on second night - Unbelievable!
Did you throw the (half)emptied Hermes bottles away, or could the room cleaning staff still see them arround there usual place?
This can make a difference from my limited experience with taking them to the pool, but usually I do not touch the amenties at all, trusting more in the stuff I bring with myself.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:27 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Mercure Berlin City (ex-an der Charité)

Platinum.

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Booked Privilege room as part of the November super-sale. No upgrade possible as it was the best room in the house as it is.

- How are the rooms?
Very clean and tidy, as well as superbly maintained by housekeeping. However, I was expecting the premium room in a 4* hotel to be a bit more spacious, especially the bathroom.

Good:

Amazing location for sightseeing and travelling around on the U-Bahn.
Cleanliness (can't stress this enough).
Very efficient check-in and check-out.
Staff speak excellent English and are well-informed.
Superb housekeeping.
Separate priority desk for status members.

Bad:

Double bed doesn't have a uniform mattress, but two single-bed ones placed together; very uncomfortable for couples.
Room slightly underwhelming in terms of space, especially the bathroom.
Staff somewhat laid-back and reserved.
Very expensive breakfast for Berlin standards.
Had to request some promised amenities personally.

With the 50% off sale, the value was unbeatable, but I'd book again even at the regular rates, mostly owing to location and cleanliness. The Privilege room doesn't justify the price difference compared to a Standard room, though, so stick to the commoners for an optimal experience.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Enrich, Marco Polo, Accor, HHonors, IHG
Great suite - but something is missing and I don't know what - other than me in the future.

Thankfully I have been accepted for status match with Priority Club - it cannot be any worse.
I have often asked the housekeeping to clear out the Hermes to replace them with L'Occitane which I prefer. You can always request for the Hermes back you know, no need to get worked up.

And good luck with the IHG's PC program
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Pullman King Power Bangkok

Platinum

- Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Booked superior room as part of the November 50% off sale, $65 USD. Showed up and asked at checkin if I could apply my $60 USD voucher and Platinum status for a room upgrade. Got a one-bedroom executive suite for an additional $3 USD on top of voucher and original booking.

Welcome gift was fruit + a travel kit.

- How are the rooms?
Clean and tidy well appointed, but I think they are looking at doing some refurbishment- half the floor was shut down for recarpeting, the carpet in my room was a bit frayed in places near the hardwood. The room was fine, though, IMO- just getting on a bit 5 years into the life of the hotel.

Good:

Nice of them to allow an upgrade as they did.
Breakfast buffet is pretty lavish.
Executive lounge canapes in the evening were good: seafood, sushi, good drinks
Room is fine if maybe needing a bit of TLC, bathroom was clean and luxurious

Bad:

When chatting with the checkout staff in the morning in the executive lounge, I pointed to the ARL out the window and asked if it was the airport rail link. Clerk said it was the BTS. She was wrong.
Needing to have your key in the slot to have power in the room is a pain when you want to recharge electronic devices in the room while you are out on the town (I used an extra key for that, though).

Great value, would definitely return.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by RJ77
I have often asked the housekeeping to clear out the Hermes to replace them with L'Occitane which I prefer. You can always request for the Hermes back you know, no need to get worked up.

And good luck with the IHG's PC program
Originally Posted by cazane
I do not touch the amenties at all, trusting more in the stuff I bring with myself.

I actually use Hermes products at home - but never mind .
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Sofitel sukhumvit / Pullman Cantral Park

Platinum

Sofitel Sukhumvit (Nov 2012)
Booked Deluxe upgraded to Exec Suite "Dear Mr Gilbert we have been looking forward to your arrival"...
Welcome fruit basket, letter from GM
Enjoyed the lounge and the room was nice.

Pullman Central Park Jakarta (beginning of this week)
Booked Exec Deluxe upgraded to Exec Suite
No extras in room.. Letter from Lounge Manager
Hotel decor and design needs getting used to - semi frosted showers inside the bedroom a bit odd.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pullman Teranga Dakar

Status - Platinum (courtesy of Amex, don't hate me)
Booked a non smoking twin. Was offered either a twin OR a no smoking room! Platinum counted for nothing, no upgrade, No welcome gift, no letter. Nada

Priority club can be bad but never anything like this.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 10:56 am

Sofitel Macao: Got upgraded as platinum to deluxe river view. There was a bottle of red wine and chocolates the last evening. I think they were the gift? Got the welcome drinks. Room was very nice, service and amenities also. Not having lounge access to Platinums is stupid. The hotel has a sauna which is a fairly good Finnish style and they changed the temperature to 75-80 when asked. Swimming pool wasn't heated so I was the only one swimming in the 15 degree water. I liked the hotel style very much. Somehow luxurious I guess... my first time in a Sofitel. I paid about 100e per night.

Pullman King Power Bangkok: Got upgraded to suite. Very nice but... Never been in a suite before and would never pay the 500e it normally costs. Welcome gift was some stupid bag I don't need. Lounge is ok, but the evening coctail hour is quite something. Excellent food and they make all kinds of drinks by request. Service is excellent. Breakfast is alright at the lounge. There is an option to get breakfast to room also but never opted for that. I paid about 70e per night (last 50% sale).

OT: Next I will be staying in a 7e bungalow in Koh Tao.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Marriott / SPG PLAT Premier, USELESS Accor Plus PLAT
Grand Ambassador Seoul

Platinum - last months experience

Grand Ambassador Seoul - No benefits/upgrade - terrible club lounge.

My experience last week (4 nights) at Grand Ambassador Seoul was nice. I am Platinum and I booked 3 rooms during the 50% sale. I am the only one with platinum status. They gave us :

1) 2 Drinks Coupon Per Room (we choose 2 Beers Per Room ; so a total of 6 Beers)
2) A Choice of Beverage Per Room we chose a Big Bottle of Perrier Per Room ; so a total of 3 Big Bottles of Perrier)
3) A Choice of Fruit Plate/Pastry etc (3 to 4 items to choose from the Menu, just like the Beverage) and we choose 2 Fruit and 1 Pastry
4) Free Internet for 3 Rooms
5) Room Upgrade for 2 Rooms

To be candid, I have given up on Le Club after 4-5 years being an Advantage Plus Platinum member.

This is my first time receiving a Drink Coupon and Welcome Gift for the past 4-5 years and it is Grand Ambassador Seoul. I had previously stayed in Sofitel, McGallery and Pullman in China, Malaysia, Thailand etc (around 10 properties) and had never received any welcome gift or drink coupon.

Happy
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by happygolucky_nomad
My experience last week (4 nights) at Grand Ambassador Seoul was nice. I am Platinum and I booked 3 rooms during the 50% sale. I am the only one with platinum status. They gave us :

1) 2 Drinks Coupon Per Room (we choose 2 Beers Per Room ; so a total of 6 Beers)
2) A Choice of Beverage Per Room we chose a Big Bottle of Perrier Per Room ; so a total of 3 Big Bottles of Perrier)
3) A Choice of Fruit Plate/Pastry etc (3 to 4 items to choose from the Menu, just like the Beverage) and we choose 2 Fruit and 1 Pastry
4) Free Internet for 3 Rooms
5) Room Upgrade for 2 Rooms

To be candid, I have given up on Le Club after 4-5 years being an Advantage Plus Platinum member.

This is my first time receiving a Drink Coupon and Welcome Gift for the past 4-5 years and it is Grand Ambassador Seoul. I had previously stayed in Sofitel, McGallery and Pullman in China, Malaysia, Thailand etc (around 10 properties) and had never received any welcome gift or drink coupon.

Happy
Maybe the scathing comments to their management about my recent stay prompted them to at least make an effort towards other guests in the future - although I doubt it!

I was offered one drink coupon in the Grand Ambassador but I never used it as I had club access and just helped myself to the drinks on offer during the evening 'Happy Hour', albeit very limited. I cannot see the point in offering a drink voucher when you have lounge access - although I suspect some people may.

To be fair, I have cheekily asked for drinks vouchers when staying in UK Novotels with Mrs Passy777 and have surprisingly received them as well (York and Newcastle Airport) with parking fees waived at both hotels to boot and this was when I was a Silver member!

I have given up on trying to fathom out what criteria is used to recognise Le Club members, but the programme really needs a kick up the backside in an effort to at least attain some consistency.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:07 am

Programs: KF Gold, QF Gold, MR Platinum, Accor Platinum, IHG Platinum
Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni

Platinum

Were you happy with the hotel/stay?

No

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Deluxe room; upgraded two levels to Business Suite

How was the room?
Very clean and new. The beds are very comfortable. Bathroom is very spacious

What was good and what was bad?

Good:
The upgrade and helpful reservation team

Bad:
- Asked for late check-out until 3 pm but not given since the hotel full. When I checked out, I imagined that there should be long queues in Front Office because she told me that the hotel was full but to my surprise there were no one in queue except me. So, I asked to the FO staff who handled my check-out regarding occupancy rate on that day. To my surprise, the staff told me that the hotel was 55%!!! I felt like I was being fooled.

- No macaroons as welcoming gift according to their information on their website (now has been removed).

- The reception girl yelled to other staff in front of me. Very unprofessional !!!

- The Executive Lounge hasn't opened yet during my stay

- Asked for extra towel to housekeeping but never appeared. Finally I have to have lunch in a rush since I didn't get late check out.

Would you return?
No

Last edited by virtualaris; Feb 3, 2013 at 11:20 am
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:13 am

Ibis Styles Kuta Circle, Bali Indonesia

Platinum

Yes

booked two Standard rooms under my name and 3 standard rooms under my colleague name;two of my rooms were upgraded to Family room

How was the room?
I didn't stay since I have sudden meeting to attend so I don't know about it

Good:
The upgrade and the hotel still allowed my team to check-in eventhough without me. The Reservation Department here is really outstanding in term of Customer Services !

Bad:
The Front Office staff told that one of the room hasn't been paid and the staff called me on the middle of the night to inform this. After one hour checking, he found out that the hotel misstated the number of rooms booked. lol.

Would you return?
Not sure
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:17 am

Novotel Nusa Dua Bali

Platinum

Not sure

booked Three Bedroom suite with private pool and got the same.

How was the room?
Very big (180m) but plain and not that special.

Good:
The hotel staffs are very friendly and the points were correctly credited within the same day

Bad:
I've emailed in advance that one of my colleague has just married and I was expecting something surprise since the hotel confirmed this but the biggest surprise is there is no surprise during my stay

Would you return?
Nope since there are many other choices in Bali.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.